• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Military Discount 2011?

NaplesRI

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know when any military discount for 2011 would be announced? We're hoping to go back Feb 2011 but want to wait to but tickets in hopes of a special military ticket deal.
When would they be announced?
Is this something that has been done every year?
We became aware of it in 2009 but AFTER we had purchased our tickets. We still took advantage of it becaused that year the military member got in free. I know the deal wasnt as good in 2010 but it was still a good savings.
Can anyone give me an idea what to expect in 2011?
tia~

ok so no one knows about 2011 lol
Can anyone tell me how long Disney has been doing Military discounts? (tickets in particular)
Has it always been happening and we just never knew?

It was unusual for Disney to off the military discount 2 years in a row. And it is something we certainly appreciated!

If I am remembering correctly it had been several years since the last military discount. I was shocked when they offered it in 2009 and again in 2010. We were lucky enough to take advantage of it both years. The last time we were aware of any military discount was way back in 2005. My hubby returned from his first tour of duty in Iraq that year and we almost took a trip to WDW with that military discount, but his return dates got switched and we missed the cut off date for the discount by one day so decided to go somewhere else for vacation that year. We've been to WDW every year since and I didn't see any military discounts again till 2009. I'm hoping its something they keep around. I if Seaworld can offer military discounts year round every year Disney should be able to as well. They offer Florida resident discounts, and there is always some sort of public discount out, not to mention the gazillion PIN codes they send out. I think military deserve to have some sort of discount yearly. Good luck.

It was unusual for Disney to off the military discount 2 years in a row. And it is something we certainly appreciated!

:yay:, That is what I was going to say! Thanks WDW!!

This year, the discount was not announced until the first week of January. I would guess that it would be the same time frame for next year if it is offered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter