Mike's Pre-Pre-Pre Trip Report for September 2014

wave.gif
So Mike, are you going to spring for the extra $99 at the Halloween Party and do the "Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle dessert party?" Know it is pricey but thinking of all those Villains that you like so much will be there!

Good move this year on the Wilderness with the Silver Creek being closed on September 3rd. Takes away some of the magic in that area.

Nice tip! Haven't heard about the villains dessert party. I haven't done any of the dessert bits yet, and depending on who they feature, I might pass on it. I'm already doing the Backstage Magic tour, and even with the DVC discount, it's still over $200.

Haven't heard about the closure of Silver Creek. But yeah, if there was any year to NOT stay there for the duration, this is definitely it!

Nice tip! Haven't heard about the villains dessert party. I haven't done any of the dessert bits yet, and depending on who they feature, I might pass on it. I'm already doing the Backstage Magic tour, and even with the DVC discount, it's still over $200.

Haven't heard about the closure of Silver Creek. But yeah, if there was any year to NOT stay there for the duration, this is definitely it!

Getting so close you can lick it!

Here ya go....pool news

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=51688584&postcount=2

Six days and counting until my 7pm flight on Friday evening. I have never bothered to follow the official Disney blog and don't actively hunt down news (rather just figure it all out when I arrive). So the pool info is definitely helpful. Usually I visit WDW in December, so the pool isn't terribly important. Forgot it might actually be warm enough to swim this time. Any idea if the hub is fairly wall-free? Or is it still a construction nightmare.

Four days to go. Still no ADRs, still no FP+, and using my old Magic Bands. No silly charts or graphs, no ridiculous color-coded index cards or other such nonsense. Six hotel rooms, one printed itinerary from my DVC page, and scribbled down the pick-up number for my Halloween party. Come to think of it, my suitcases are still in a closet on the third floor of my home. At some point, I really should take them down and start packing. Maybe Thursday night.

Vacations shouldn't be about endless planning. Go and enjoy!

Admire your style! Sounds like an interesting trip, and looking forward to reading about it.

I am one who enjoys all of the planning before a vacation, but also understand the allure of no-planning trips for some.

Sounds like a fun trip! I did my first solo trip in May 2013 and it was actually fun, but I admit I did miss my family. It was weird to not have other people's opinions on what to do and where to go! :lmao:

Love your resort hopping trip and can't wait to read all about it!

Sounds like a fun trip! I did my first solo trip in May 2013 and it was actually fun, but I admit I did miss my family. It was weird to not have other people's opinions on what to do and where to go! :lmao:

Love your resort hopping trip and can't wait to read all about it!

Thanks! I almost feel as if I can get more accomplished on a solo trip, especially when I'm travelling with a non-Disney person. Saturday and most of Sunday are going to be Disney-free, except for a late night stroll around the Boardwalk loop to most likely walk off dinner with friends from earlier that evening. :)

Getting so close you can lick it!

Here ya go....pool news

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=51688584&postcount=2

Thanks! Can't wait! Construction walls a'plenty. Yay!!! Ugh.

BUT, I WILL be taking advantage of the free Blizzard Beach passes. Thanks for hooking up the DVC'ers, Disney. That's a nice touch. Haven't been to Blizzard Beach in well over a decade. Of course, the weather forecast is calling for literally an 80% chance of rain every day, so who knows. Truthfully, I don't put much weight to 10-day forecasts. They can't get tomorrow right, you're goint to tell me about next week? Somehow I'm sure, this time they'll be right on the money. Beceause that's the way my life goes.

And as of 11pm last night... I am HERE. First stop, DVC Grand Floridian. Off to breakfast and then off property for the day. Trip report when I get back, but try to post periodic updates and photos along the way.

Well, unfortunately the live trip report thing is obviously not working. It's 1am, and I just got back in from the Halloween Party a few minutes ago. Drove back out to Kidani Village at Animal Kingdom Lodge and immediately stepped into the shower. Time for bed!! Tomorrow up early for the Backstage Magic 8-hour tour!!

Well, unfortunately the live trip report thing is obviously not working. It's 1am, and I just got back in from the Halloween Party a few minutes ago. Drove back out to Kidani Village at Animal Kingdom Lodge and immediately stepped into the shower. Time for bed!! Tomorrow up early for the Backstage Magic 8-hour tour!!

:rotfl: Yeah I always have best intentions of doing live trip reports, and then I get on vacation...and something happens and I forget all about the updates! :rotfl: :confused3

Have fun!!! :thumbsup2

So let's see. Since I've been here, they announced Frozen is taking over Maelstrom, and then today I learned that they closed AFI at Hollywood Studios to also make room for Frozen. Hmmm...

So let's see. Since I've been here, they announced Frozen is taking over Maelstrom, and then today I learned that they closed AFI at Hollywood Studios to also make room for Frozen. Hmmm...

So has it been a mad rush to ride the OH-SO-THRILLING Maelstrom yet?? :rotfl:

We plan to get in one last ride on it when we visit...next week!! :)

I'm not sure the average park guests knew yet. But as word gets out, it'll start getting nutty. Though not as nutty as when the new Frozen attraction opens! Do ride it one more time, though. :)

Well, obviously this live trip report thing is not going to happen so it'll have to wait until I get home. However, I have been updating Facebook like crazy over the past two days. You're all welcome to add me there and check out the pictures and posts!

https://www.facebook.com/michael.scalice.14

Looking forward to adding (and making) some new Disney friends. Thanks gang :)

Can't wait to read about your TR! My friend is visiting for the first time and am anxious to hear about her trip. She said today that she was able to snag dinner ressies for Be Our Guest so was pretty excited about that. Guess it's been raining there past few days - curious to hear whether you had good weather, how your general plans worked out and which resort you liked best (of course, BWV ;) - which is our family fav but would love to stay at VWL one day).

Can't wait to read about your TR! My friend is visiting for the first time and am anxious to hear about her trip. She said today that she was able to snag dinner ressies for Be Our Guest so was pretty excited about that. Guess it's been raining there past few days - curious to hear whether you had good weather, how your general plans worked out and which resort you liked best (of course, BWV ;) - which is our family fav but would love to stay at VWL one day).

Yeah, I do need to put together my trip report, don't I? As a precursor, the weather was fantastic, albeit humid as all heck. No rain, only one quick morning of sprinkles, but that went away very quickly. The lines were minimal, especially on the night of the Halloween party. Pictures of totally empty queues even for Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh. Walked right on to both with ZERO wait. Met Anna & Elsa in under five minutes, and walked right in to see Ariel. Perfect time to go. Exhausting changing rooms so many times, but at least I got to experience most of the DVC resorts now. Loved BLT, didn't care for BWV. AKL was OK (the underground parking was nice, but as 'backstage' as it gets. VWL had lots of construction walls up in the outside courtyard. But not nearly as bad as the Polynesian Village Resort (new name went up overnight while I was there). More to come in a full trip report, with pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter