• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mike, you know plain ole head, said to ask you guys..

Mackey Mouse

Me read the Navigator? I don't
I know I post here, it is one of my favorite boards.. A little background, my husband has been battling Pancreatic Cancer for 4 years November 4 and he is back in chemo...things are tough..

Our youngest just got engaged and is moving her date up in the hopes that he will be well enough to be there and walk her down the aisle.. that is our hope..

So today, her and I on AOL IM.. are trying to think of beautiful, poignant songs for her to dance with her Dad to. I was thinking Somewhere over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole with it's a Wonderful World.. She suggested Nat King Cole's I love you for Sentimental Reasons..

I know you all are so wonderful, I would love to hear your suggestions.. anyone want to help???

I know it kinda done - but I still love ... "At last.":flower3:

I'm so sorry.:hug: I'll give it some thought but off the top of my head ... Unforgettable w/ Nat and Natalie Cole.

I'm a big fan of "I Am Your Child" by Barry Manilow:

I am your child.
Wherever you go, you take me too.
Whatever I know, I learned from you.
Whatever I do, you taught me to do.
I am your child.

And I am your chance.
Whatever will come, will come from me.
Tomorrow is won, by winning me.
Whatever I am, you taught me to be.
I am your hope,
I am your chance,
I am your child.

I'm a big fan of "I Am Your Child" by Barry Manilow:

I am your child.
Wherever you go, you take me too.
Whatever I know, I learned from you.
Whatever I do, you taught me to do.
I am your child.

And I am your chance.
Whatever will come, will come from me.
Tomorrow is won, by winning me.
Whatever I am, you taught me to be.
I am your hope,
I am your chance,
I am your child.

Wow...that gave me the chills...

There's also the Phil Collins version of "You'll Be In My Heart"

Already looked up the Barry Manilow one.. I loved it..

Now trying to remember the Phil Collins one.. heading to youtube..

She loves the Father and Daughter one by Paul Simon, but her friend just got married last month and used that one.....you know how that is....
Butterfly kisses, I love that one. I will suggest it.. and off to youtube to check out Daddy...

OH MM! :grouphug: for you.

I'll be thinkin' hard on this one -- Sadly, I'm not musical at all but I'll definitely ask around.

I say a good instrumental, which isn't used that much is Louis Armstrong's La Vie En Rose. It was in Wall-e ;) but I've been obsessed with it ever since, and I think it's a nice song, just listen to the lyrics though, just to make sure everything is okay.

I love "I loved her first", I wish that had been around when I got married. Dad and I danced to "Butterfly kisses"....

What about "I hope you dance" by LeeAnn Womack... I danced with my lil borthers and sister to this at my wedding....

Or... "Your Song" by Elton John... I danced with my mom to this....

:hug: :hug: :hug: for you and your family....

I know I speak for everyone here when I saw we are here for you if you need us. :grouphug:

I say a good instrumental, which isn't used that much is Louis Armstrong's La Vie En Rose. It was in Wall-e ;) but I've been obsessed with it ever since, and I think it's a nice song, just listen to the lyrics though, just to make sure everything is okay.

The lyrics in French are AWESOME but maybe better for a bride and groom, I'm thinking -- if any francophones are in attendance.

They are by Edith Piaf

Des yeux qui font baiser les miens,
Un rire qui se perd sur sa bouche,
Voila le portrait sans retouche
De l'homme auquel j'appartiens

Quand il me prend dans ses bras
Il me parle tout bas,
Je vois la vie en rose.

Il me dit des mots d'amour,
Des mots de tous les jours,
Et ca me fait quelque chose.

Il est entre dans mon coeur
Une part de bonheur
Dont je connais la cause.

C'est lui pour moi. Moi pour lui
Dans la vie,
Il me l'a dit, l'a jure pour la vie.

Et des que je l'apercois
Alors je sens en moi
Mon coeur qui bat

Des nuits d'amour a ne plus en finir
Un grand bonheur qui prend sa place
Des enuis des chagrins, des phases
Heureux, heureux a en mourir.

Quand il me prend dans ses bras
Il me parle tout bas,
Je vois la vie en rose.

Il me dit des mots d'amour,
Des mots de tous les jours,
Et ca me fait quelque chose.

Il est entre dans mon coeur
Une part de bonheur
Dont je connais la cause.

C'est toi pour moi. Moi pour toi
Dans la vie,
Il me l'a dit, l'a jure pour la vie.

Et des que je l'apercois
Alors je sens en moi
Mon coeur qui bat

I know I post here, it is one of my favorite boards.. A little background, my husband has been battling Pancreatic Cancer for 4 years November 4 and he is back in chemo...things are tough..

Our youngest just got engaged and is moving her date up in the hopes that he will be well enough to be there and walk her down the aisle.. that is our hope..

So today, her and I on AOL IM.. are trying to think of beautiful, poignant songs for her to dance with her Dad to. I was thinking Somewhere over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole with it's a Wonderful World.. She suggested Nat King Cole's I love you for Sentimental Reasons..

I know you all are so wonderful, I would love to hear your suggestions.. anyone want to help???

Mackey...I think your choices are beautiful! If you are unsure....ask your husband if he has a favorite. He may rather go upbeat and fun. Who knows?

Best wishes with the wedding.:hug:

I am thanking all you guys and checking out the music, it is a good diversion for me as well..

The other day my daughter came out with this song.. again on IM.. we were both moved to tears. When they were little, they would watch the muppets together with their Dad.....he was a fan, and they were too.. The loved Kermit...

So she sends me the link, she wanted to do a little more upbeat... we will be crying anyway, I am sure... it was Kermit singing the Rainbow Connection....they both love that song. Anyway, she asked her Dad and he said... through tears, I love that song and would be honored to dance with you to Kermit anyday... omg.. brought me to tears writing that..

He also liked the other choices you all have been coming up with......I am sure she will think more about it, we have some time yet and make a good decision for her and her dad... Off to youtube again.. thanks all.

I am thanking all you guys and checking out the music, it is a good diversion for me as well..

The other day my daughter came out with this song.. again on IM.. we were both moved to tears. When they were little, they would watch the muppets together with their Dad.....he was a fan, and they were too.. The loved Kermit...

So she sends me the link, she wanted to do a little more upbeat... we will be crying anyway, I am sure... it was Kermit singing the Rainbow Connection....they both love that song. Anyway, she asked her Dad and he said... through tears, I love that song and would be honored to dance with you to Kermit anyday... omg.. brought me to tears writing that..

He also liked the other choices you all have been coming up with......I am sure she will think more about it, we have some time yet and make a good decision for her and her dad... Off to youtube again.. thanks all.

OMG I thought of this very song too - but I was like kermit singing they'll never go for that - the other day driving to Maine we heard a version by Kenny Logins on the radio that I never knew about - and that made me think of that Pooh Corner song as well.

Also thought of - James Taylor - Shower the People

Good God can you at least let my coffee kick in before you make me tear up!

I think Rainbow Connection would make a great choice! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter