MiFi or personal WiFi rental for Peru ABD

kaceyisme

Just passing the time until my next trip
Has anyone rented a MiFi device for Peru? I want to be in touch with home while away, and I don't want to rely on hotel WiFi only. I'm looking for a reliable and reasonable option. Thanks!

When overseas, I normally take an unlocked Android phone with me and get a SIM w/Data Only Plan for that specific country. The Android phone works as a hotspot and a data-eneabled device.

http://amzn.com/B00ZQVSKSM

The carriers in Peru are:

América Móvil Perú S.A.C (CLARO PER)
Frequency: GSM 1900

Coverage Map

Telefonica Moviles S.A. (Movistar Peru)
Frequency: GSM 850

Coverage Map (NONE)

Bitel:

Coverage Map

Last edited:
I have rented a mifi in Japan and Korea and they worked well. I finally just bought my own, a Skyroam.

I rented one in Japan too, and it was great, but I can't seem to find a reasonable deal for Peru. I checked the Skyroam website, and Peru is not listed as a covered area. So sad!

Last edited:
I just picked up a Skyroam today on our way out to Dublin. It will be fun testing it out. It will be cheaper than what we typically do - purchasing the max ATT data plan for 2 phones. Apparently they throttle your download speeds after 100MB each day which I'm not thrilled with. However, the convenience of owning it is a plus for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter