• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

mid-late April park hours? [Update: April Hours updated 3/15]

Was just coming over to post that April MK and AK hours have been extended. For example, for first week in April:

April 1
» Magic Kingdom Revised Park Hours:
9:00 AM-11:00 PM
Magic Kingdom Closing Time changed from 10:00 PM to 11:00 PM.

April 5:
» Magic Kingdom Revised Park Hours:
9:00 AM-11:00 PM +EMH Morning
Magic Kingdom Closing Time changed from 10:00 PM to 11:00 PM.

April 7
» Animal Kingdom Revised Park Hours:
9:00 AM-9:30 PM
Animal Kingdom Closing Time changed from 8:00 PM to 9:30 PM.

This is the second time that my April 2019 hours have been extended. I'm happy about the later closings.

They're added a midnight closing to MK on our first night there and a 10pm closing at AK on our AK day so I'm pretty happy about that.

Always interesting to me to see what happens at these updates. For the whole month of April...

MK - added 45 open park hours (mainly driven by a series of many 8am openings and 12 am closings for the week before and after Easter)
EP - no changes (not surprisingly)
DHS - no changes
DAK - added 35 open park hours (24 days saw later closings added, a great time to hunt for FoP FPs if needed!)
Thanks for keeping an eye on this for all of us. Also for the "paging" :)

My experience around Easter is the extended hours at MK (though Im actually thinking crowds wont be too awful this year since Florida mostly had spring break in March) and very last minute 8am open at AK, which I will still look for before our trip. Im really pleasantly shocked by the new MK hours, and surprised AK wont open at 8am, but am wondering if they will do a second show of RoL with the 9:30 closing. We having the Tiffins RoL dinner package booked and have still not seen the show, last time we went we were riding FoP. Does anyone know if there is a 2nd RoL show if you can use the dining pkg for that?

No, that would be highly unusual. If FPs aren’t showing for any new added hours yet, keep checking - they will come.
It sounds like they are planning for it at MK, as if you look at MDE it allows you to search for 8am FP now, even if they havent been loaded yet.

that is what I am waiting for as well. Want to switch to an earlier time rather than the late night time we have now
Yeah we are only hitting MK that am for EMH and headed elsewhere later in the day-there weren’t any FP for 7DMT before the evening times when I looked 60 days out so I’ve been waiting for them to (hopefully) extend park hours-please post if you see FP open up for mine train:)
I’ll do the same!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter