Micro update on the new parking structure + a few pics

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Went to the park yesterday and, as per usual, arrived for rope drop. Here's a pic of the current state of the parking structure. Why do I post this? Because I'm impressed with the speed at which it's come along. It seems to have sprung up overnight.

IMG_7216.JPG

Other than the crowds being marginally larger than the past three weeks or so, there's little if anything to report (other than my usual and self-indulgent Buzz pics ;-)). I'll take more pics next Sunday. I'm usually the first in the park and like to post a photo of an empty Main Street. Couldn't manage that yesterday. Several groups ran into the park and by the time I got to the head of MS, there were probably a dozen people there already. There's not much remarkable about that kind of pic so here's one from a a recent visit. Hope ya'll enjoy 'em!

IMG_7167.JPG

IMG_7228.jpg

IMG_7221.JPG

IMG_7222.JPG

IMG_7229.JPG

IMG_7233.JPG

Last edited:
Those parking garages can be built really fast in Southern CA because it is so dry here. We have a huge parking structure going up at a nearby outdoor mall and it has only taken about 4 months. Concrete cures quickly here, which is good for Disney since this was a last minute addition.

I don't want to brag or anything but I held spot 7 on Buzz yesterday for a while. You only had spot 1 and 2 at the time. I thought about continuing to ride just to mess with you ;)

Ha! I love it. By all means, please do :-). And please say hello if you see me next time. I always love meeting people from the board!

I don't want to brag or anything but I held spot 7 on Buzz yesterday for a while. You only had spot 1 and 2 at the time. I thought about continuing to ride just to mess with you ;)

Ohh! Post pics next time! I always wonder who Rob's competition is!

I believe that "SKN" seen in the board pic above is actually named "Steve." I think I met him within the last few months. Very cool guy (is what he said about me ;-) ;-)).

oh.....that is why we pre-cast everything in Oregon..never understood that as a young worker as we flagged in truck after truck of pre cast concrete....to building parking garages.

This is also why those parking garages at Disney Springs in Florida take like 2 years to build. It is so humid there that it takes forever for the concrete to cure and be structurally sound.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter