• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey's Very Merry Xmas

Jimmy Geppetto

DIS Veteran
DVC members get a small discount for tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Xmas. If travelling with another family who has their own MDE account, does anyone know if I can purchase tickets for them too at the discounted rate which can eventually be linked to their MDE account? We are all travelling together to OKW but staying in two separate rooms.

I read that some one was just told that the discount won’t apply to others. No idea how true it is or not as I will be doing a date that doesn’t have the discount

I was told that you actually have to show your membership id for the tickets with the DVC discount. It says on the confirmation you have to go to guest relations. Not sure if this is true since they show on the MDE.

We did this a few years ago before DH and I were DVC members, my parents used their membership to buy the tickets for the 4 of us at the discounted rate.

Both on separate bookings with our own MDE accounts.

I 'think' that a member can purchase for others (maybe 6 ?) BUT the member has to pick them up and show DVC card

I purchased MVMCP tickets with the DVC discount for 8 people ( my family of 4, my MIL and my brother in laws family of 3). We are all traveling together for Thanksgiving but staying in 2 separate rooms. I just purchased the tickets and assigned them to who would be using them.

DVC members get a small discount for tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Xmas. If travelling with another family who has their own MDE account, does anyone know if I can purchase tickets for them too at the discounted rate which can eventually be linked to their MDE account? We are all travelling together to OKW but staying in two separate rooms.
Where can I find what dates are discounted?

@eandt -You have to sign in to see the discounted prices (use link @Jimmy Geppetto posted).

Briefly, there is a $10 discount for all November dates except the two in Thanksgiving week. The only discounted party in December is the one on 12/1.

We choose to skip the party; our trip is mid-December with no DVC discount. I'm traveling with my sister, her two girls and my mother. We're having trouble spending $179 a person for 1 night. The last time I went to the party my husband and I spent about $100 a person; the price has gone us big time since then.

Is the Very Merry Christmas Party worth it to y’all? We’re going November 11th-15th and having a hard time deciding on it.

Is the Very Merry Christmas Party worth it to y’all? We’re going November 11th-15th and having a hard time deciding on it.
We have always enjoyed the Christmas parties. I think the parade is definitely nicer in the dark, and well, the Christmas fireworks are great. However, I am just not sure I want to spend the $179 for each ticket this year.

Our other option to see the parade is to pay for a one day ticket for December 30th. This is the first time we have black out days for our AP’s, and we have always gone December 30th for the MK fireworks.

If we were going to be in WDW in November, we definitely would go. It’s the price on December 11th that’s keeping me away. I would have to consider it our Christmas present if we do go.

We choose to skip the party; our trip is mid-December with no DVC discount. I'm traveling with my sister, her two girls and my mother. We're having trouble spending $179 a person for 1 night. The last time I went to the party my husband and I spent about $100 a person; the price has gone us big time since then.
We will be using the party as our park day ticket so it's not a huge cost for us. If you have a day ticket + party ticket than the cost is hard to swallow.

We have always enjoyed the Christmas parties. I think the parade is definitely nicer in the dark, and well, the Christmas fireworks are great. However, I am just not sure I want to spend the $179 for each ticket this year.

Our other option to see the parade is to pay for a one day ticket for December 30th. This is the first time we have black out days for our AP’s, and we have always gone December 30th for the MK fireworks.

If we were going to be in WDW in November, we definitely would go. It’s the price on December 11th that’s keeping me away. I would have to consider it our Christmas present if we do go.

We are debating the same thing but are leaning toward doing it as we also arrive on the 11th! B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter