Mickeys very merry christmas

Harringtons

Earning My Ears
Is mickeys very merry Christmas worth the cost? It will be for 2 adults and a kid so we are looking at an extra $180!

In my opinion, it was not worth the cost.

While it does have benefits of 1) ride line ups not as long, or 2) seeing a different parade, and 3) not burning a park day ticket if you arrive at 4pm or later.

We had too many cons 1) The cookies were sugar cookies and not the best, not the best kind, sorry if I was expecting something a little better, 2) The hot chocolate was not hot, 3) The parade was not as good as a normal parade IN OUR OPINION.

THE BIGGEST CON: We wanted to see Scrooge McDuck and the other Donald Duck nephews in a character meet and greet. Should be easy right? WRONG. The girl in charge of the line-up was allowing each group of visitors THREE MINUTES for the meet. So we had 20 in front of us - oh yay I get to waste $60+ on tickets and waste ONE HOUR to see the ducks. We just compained and when not listened to, we left.

Whoever was running the Seven Dwarfs line actually had a sense of time. We only waited 30 minutes and had more people than other lines. Bravo to that guy.

We would never spend the money for that again. Did I mention this was just my opinion? :)

Only you can answer that.

We just did the Friday night party, and really enjoyed it.

What do you get?

An outstanding parade.
A neat, holiday-themed fireworks show.
Some other holiday themed shows.
Character meet and greets that you won't get at other times.
Reduced lines for rides and such.
Some very tasty hot cocoa and cookies.
Snow on Main Street.

I personally prefer the Halloween party (better character M&G there, I think), but I enjoyed the Christmas party quite a bit.

Personally I think if you have the means to shell out the extra $$ I would do it. True the sugar cookies aren't the greatest, and some of the shows are a bit hokie, but being able to get on some of your favorite rides without longer waits and seeing some of the different characters in Christmas garb that you don't normally see is a treat.

Plus...I enjoy walking around MK with the Christmas music and decorations.

We don't know how they implement it. Seems like if you keep a low profile you'll be able to stay.

Do people without tickets to MVMCP have to leave park? How do you get on rides with shorter lines?

yes they do make poeple leave....if you dont have a ticket you cant go on any rides.. i always have been asked to see the band even when we were just walking around

1. Do people without tickets to MVMCP have to leave park?

2. How do you get on rides with shorter lines?

1. Yes.

2. Most people spend the extra money to go to the party for the party-specific things so ride lines are usually short.

We don't know how they implement it. Seems like if you keep a low profile you'll be able to stay.

With CMs checking for wristbands along the parade routes, in ride lines, at meet and greets and even in the stores, you'd have to pretty much hide in the bathroom to keep a low enough profile to not be caught. ;)

Is mickeys very merry Christmas worth the cost? It will be for 2 adults and a kid so we are looking at an extra $180!

If you have the extra $$ and have never done the party, I say yes it is worth it. The parade and special fireworks are nice, lower lines and the opportunity to meet some of the rarer characters if you are interested. We loved the "snow" on Main Street and had a great time. Is it as good as MNSSHP? No, but it is still a very good event and we would do it again if we were there around the holidays. Unfortunately, it will be a while since the kids are older and not willing to miss school for vacations at this point. We now go in the summer.

I've never been. I have tickets for the 10th and probably won't want to do it again, but I wanted to try it at least once.

I really like the Halloween event, so I thought we'd try this one too.

We went the week before Christmas two years ago. As a stand-alone ticket, I might say it is worth it. However, we bought it as an add-on to our regular park hopper.

No, it was not worth the additional cost. For one, the park was MORE crowded and lines were actually longer during the party than they were during the regular park day. The parades were great and the refreshments were well, a nice treat, but not worth the additional charge IMO.

Scott

You can get into the MK at 4:00 with your MVMCP ticket and not have to use a park entry from your regular tickets. It is a nice event if you like Christmas-y things, the music, decorations, parade, characters in their Holiday garb, and the "snow" on Main Street. The cookies and cocoa are good. It can be crowded so we didn't try to do too much; just take in the atmosphere. We did it once and that was probably all we will do unless they change things significantly. Also, the Osborne lights at DHS are fantastic. But it can also be crowded. Don't have unrealistic expectations and you won't be disappointed. Have fun!

With CMs checking for wristbands along the parade routes, in ride lines, at meet and greets and even in the stores, you'd have to pretty much hide in the bathroom to keep a low enough profile to not be caught. ;)

Its been reported that that won't work either since they check at the bathrooms.

I think people think they can hang out in there "until the coast is clear".

In my opinion, it was not worth the cost.

While it does have benefits of 1) ride line ups not as long, or 2) seeing a different parade, and 3) not burning a park day ticket if you arrive at 4pm or later.

We had too many cons 1) The cookies were sugar cookies and not the best, not the best kind, sorry if I was expecting something a little better, 2) The hot chocolate was not hot, 3) The parade was not as good as a normal parade IN OUR OPINION.

THE BIGGEST CON: We wanted to see Scrooge McDuck and the other Donald Duck nephews in a character meet and greet. Should be easy right? WRONG. The girl in charge of the line-up was allowing each group of visitors THREE MINUTES for the meet. So we had 20 in front of us - oh yay I get to waste $60+ on tickets and waste ONE HOUR to see the ducks. We just compained and when not listened to, we left.

Whoever was running the Seven Dwarfs line actually had a sense of time. We only waited 30 minutes and had more people than other lines. Bravo to that guy.

We would never spend the money for that again. Did I mention this was just my opinion? :)

When did you go? The last time we went (2011) they only had the sugar cookies, but I've read that in past years they were offering a variety of them. This helps us decide whether we want to go this year or not. TIA

When did you go? The last time we went (2011) they only had the sugar cookies, but I've read that in past years they were offering a variety of them. This helps us decide whether we want to go this year or not. TIA

In 2012 they had two different types of cookies. I know that DH had a chocolate chip one and there was another one but I don't recall what it was except that they weren't sugar cookies; I only had the hot chocolate since we had recently eaten a very big meal. Hot chocolate was a bit sweeter than I like but was still nice to have. Wasn't really cold enough to need it but it added to the atmosphere.

We tried it this year. I liked it a lot! Loved the Xmas music and the fireworks show was amazing. It's one of those things that I'll spend the money on once. We probably won't do it again though.

You're the only one who can determine that.

And you won't be able to do it unless you go and try it for yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter