Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Worth the money ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
On select nights in MK from 7 PM to Midnight the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party happens. If we go in mid-November, there are dates available for $99 per adult.
We will be in our early 60's - no kids with us.
Should we do it ?

What MK rides are available ?
We do not need to see snow - we have plenty of snow at our home.

Thank you for your advice

I haven't been to a MVMCP but what convinced me to buy tickets for this year is the Christmas themed parade and just general atmosphere. If Christmas is your favorite holiday, I think you'll enjoy it! If you're "meh" about Christmas, then skip it.

Most of the rides should be open, but I wouldn't buy tickets to a party just to ride rides. We learned that lesson the hard way when we went to a Halloween party, it rained, and every single ride went down! It sucked because Halloween alone isn't that exciting to us and we aren't a huge fan of the Disney villains (which the parades and meet and greets are all about).

I would. It's value is subjective, but for us it was. We enjoyed the general atmosphere, the special shows, and the characters. The parade is wonderful as well, and if you have not seen it, it is worth the price of admission.

We do nto go every trip, however we have always felt it was money well spent when we chose to go.

Went last year. Basically just did rides and checked out all the decorations.

Was able to ride haunted mansion, splash, 7dmt, space mtn etc MULTIPLE times. Some literally just asked to stay on the ride and go again.

If you can hang till midnight it's a good value. MVMCP starts at 7 but you can get in at 4 and even get FPs for 4pm-6pm. We haven't been to MVMCP yet but did MNSSHP and loved it. The Boo to You parade was awesome and I've heard MVMCP is just as great so we're excited!

It's a fun event. If you are looking for value, I think the party makes a great centerpiece for a short trip.

If I was visiting Disneyworld for a week I probably wouldn't buy it. Why? For a long trip I probably already would of have spent plenty of time in MK.

As the PP said, get there at 4 p.m. and stay until the close to get the maximum value.

If you're going for the Christmas parade or other special theming, then it's probably worth it. Don't go just expecting easy access to rides. The Halloween party we attended this year was jam-packed and rides were easier to access before the party than during the party.

I loved the party! The park atmosphere changes the minute it starts. The main lighting goes down, the Christmas lights sparkle more, and they play Christmas music louder and the same park-wide. And it's just thre right kind of music for a Christmas party in the Magic Kingdom. I loved the toy soldiers and Cinderella's carriage in the parade. I didn't think the snow would interest me either, but the combination of Christmas music and lights and the amount of "snow" made it special.

Extra time in the park is always a yes for me. With that said our favorite time to go to MVMCP is our arrival day. Part of the day is gone already; so, having the late hours in a park is a plus for us. Depending on your day I would take a nap; so, you could enjoy the party the whole time.

The party is limited in guests; so, that's a small advantage. Seeing the park at night is cool, too.

Besides you get included hot chocolate and a treat all night.

I did it once with my mom (active 80s) and my son and nephew (both early 20s). My nephew who really likes the characters loved it as there were lots of them out that aren't usually there. Character lines, though, are pretty long. He also lives in Orlando, so it's a little different than just doing a day at Disney. My mom, my son, and I while we all had a really good time together were more one and done on it. My son and I both prefer a regular day at the MK to the party. My mom I think is just kind of bored of the Magic Kingdom in general (the party was her idea instead of a regular MK day). She'll come to be with us, but these days prefers a different park as she has just been to the MK too many times. You can do way more at rope drop my son and I think than late at night here. The party was sold out and seemed awfully crowded (even the second parade) etc. The free cookies were meh. Ride lines weren't all that short. The only really short ride was the last ride we did on Space Mountain right before midnight. The gift shops on main street stayed open quite late into the night and it was kind of fun seeing all the adults who were really into Disney. We left the party at 1:30 a.m.

As for rides (anything we would have wanted to do during the day -- the headliner things) were all open and available.

If someone else was doing the planning and asked me to come along, sure. But if like most of our mini Orlando trips my son and I are planning it, we would not do it again.

The short answer is no, the party is not worth it to me. While the MK is always fun, in reality I was disappointed in the party -- I had a misconception that it wouldn't be as crowded as it was.

The most value for us is just getting tickets for the hardcore late night Magic Kingdom fans in the family. We concentrate on rides and dance parrties but the snacks and characters are fun too! The Magic tends to find you at the party and the Parade twice at different areas is great.

We are adults with no kids and love the party! It is such a wonderful holiday atmosphere. We see the shows and parade and try to get to the different locations for the free treats. There is also special party merchandise.

We will be doing our first MVMCP this December. We have done MNSSHP several times. It's just the two of us this trip, late 40's/early 50s. We decided to do it this year, because the next time we are at WDW in December, we hopefully will have an AP and will probably choose not to pay the extra money for it. This trip, we are using some leftover days on NE tickets, so it made sense to do the party rather than buy a regular MK ticket. Plus this is a short trip, and our party night will be our only time in MK. I am looking forward to the Christmas parade and Holiday Wishes. We have seen them before because they were presented after the last MVMCP in the past, but I don't think that happens anymore. All the more reason to do the party!

I feel the same way about the party. We are doing a long weekend in Florida and we are considering just doing a one night Xmas party with our 7 year old.
First - I’m not sure how late she will stay up.
Second - I hate crowds. We went to Disney last year on a quieter week and did almost exclusively fast passes for rides.
So for the $$$ we just aren’t sure. However, this would be our only chance. And it would make our trip that much more special.
Now with people posting about the Halloween party being rammed ....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter