Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Lets Talk Characters!

We went on Friday night...it rained from maybe 710-730? We were headed to get a spot for the parade in frontier land and it was raining pretty bad...so we went into country bear jamboree instead. By the time we got out the rain has stopped but the ground was super wet so we opened up a poncho to sit on. We were able to get a front row right across from diamond horseshoe around 750? And waited for the parade. They did cancel a celebrate a season while we were heading out though...maybe 1115 ish? I thought the crowds were not too bad and they did say it was sold out. Two cool things that happened...
1. We got there at 3:45 and they were letting people in. I don't know what time they started but there was no line or anything to get in
2. We were in the circus tent store by dumbo and Santa jack came in and was walking around and interacting with us and the employees. It was very cool. I asked the girl who worked there and she said that was the second time he had done that around the same time which was about 10:15/10:30ish. He was pointing to everything and saying "what's this?!" Hahahaha the costuming and makeup on him is amazing!

Excellent! The person who played Jack on Halloween was also SPOT ON. THanks for sharing I truly appreicate it!

I see it like going in the summer when it is hot.
I am going out to buy some warmer Disney clothes for the kids tomorrow though as it looks like the forecast may be chilly for most of the time.

I am the same way. I've never been in winter and the idea of packing jackets and gloves for Disney is just weird to me. I'm re-thinking my packing list and adding warmer clothes.

They did cancel a celebrate a season while we were heading out though...maybe 1115 ish?

This is my biggest worry. My entire trip is based on seeing my sister in Celebrate the Season, and I will be so disappointed if its cancelled all night. She said Sunday (I think?) they didn't get to do a single show. I'm glad you had a great experience despite the rain, especially with Jack!

I actually find it charming that we get to wear winter gear. It's outside the normal and made it special...I always remember going there Disneh makes the holidays feel special for sure

This is my biggest worry. My entire trip is based on seeing my sister in Celebrate the Season, and I will be so disappointed if its cancelled all night. She said Sunday (I think?) they didn't get to do a single show. I'm glad you had a great experience despite the rain, especially with Jack!

It wasn't even raining anytime near the time the cancelled it so I really don't know what the deal was??!! I definitely wouldn't wait for the last one of the night if it is important to you...but on a side note there were very few people at the last one...

I am the same way. I've never been in winter and the idea of packing jackets and gloves for Disney is just weird to me. I'm re-thinking my packing list and adding warmer clothes.

Your sister is in the show! Get outta here! I'm so happy that she's doing sometihng awesome like that.

I thought Haley from the Tomorrowland Show was very pretty btw :banana:

It wasn't even raining anytime near the time the cancelled it so I really don't know what the deal was??!! I definitely wouldn't wait for the last one of the night if it is important to you...but on a side note there were very few people at the last one...

I tihnk she said its how wet the stage is, more so than it actually raining. Not sure. I'm hoping to catch the last two shows, but might have to adjust my plans if the weather looks iffy. I'm hoping to get a really good spot for the last one to video it.

Your sister is in the show! Get outta here! I'm so happy that she's doing sometihng awesome like that.

I thought Haley from the Tomorrowland Show was very pretty btw :banana:

Yep, she's a character performer. Its her first ever Disney show, so excited and proud of her that I had to make a special trip to see it. :goodvibes

Those of you who have been to the Christmas Party, what did you wear for it? I'm afraid I'm going to be cold but the idea of lugging stuff around all day doesn't sound like fun either. We're going to be there Sun. night and we're coming in from Chicago. I'll have my parka with me but that sounds like too much, right?

The forecast for next week is looking a little better on Accuweather.com and wunderground.com. The highs have inched up into the low 70s with the lows in the mid 50s and not much chance of rain now. A few days ago they were showing upper 60s with lows in the mid-40s with some rain mid-week so I was starting to worry about what to pack too. The last two nights I have ended up sleeping with the suitcase open with clothes laid out on the bed because I couldn't seem to narrow it down! :rotfl2: I was leaning toward pairing a long sleeve t-shirt with a coordinating short sleeve shirt that could be worn together or separate. I tend to run hot, but don't want to risk be too cold in the evenings since I tend to stay until close at the parks. I was thinking wear the short sleeves during the day with either the long sleeve shirt or a hoodie in my backpack for after the sun goes down.

Your best bet is to wear a long sleeve shirt just don't decked out in your summer gear. Wear a nice pair of jeans and a sweater / hoodie and you should be more than fine

Ok, so I'm back from Disney, and finally able to process everything that happened last week. I'll have to put up a full trip report, because it was absolutely amazing! Before we get to my Christmas party, I need to put this on the table:

MK_MSBRCART_7112494568.jpeg

MK_MSBRCART_7112494583.jpeg

Right in front of the castle, on my birthday. I had no idea it was coming, but I'm so happy he did. It was the absolute greatest moment of my life! Like I said, I'll get a trip report up when I have some time and share all the deets, but for now, let's get back to the Christmas party.

I had every intention of getting there early, but we spent the day at Animal Kingdom, and on the way out, a bird pooped on my head, so I had to go back to the hotel for a quick shower before heading out for the night.

We ended up getting there at like 8 and immediately got in Jack's line, which moved quicker than I thought it would, but he also took quite a few, frequent breaks. Probably about every 2-3 groups. We got up there and he was a great interaction! My bf...I'm sorry, fiancee :-)lovestruc) wasn't really into it while we were waiting, but he really enjoyed it and talked about what a great interaction it was for the rest of the night.

MK_SBCCALLIOPECHAR_7114029863.jpeg

MK_SBCCALLIOPECHAR_7114031302.jpeg

We then went straight over to the ducks, because Scrooge was my other must get while we were there. As expected, it moved faster as they don't talk, and they don't take as many breaks (we were the last group before their next break, lucky us!). They also got to the point where they announced they would be doing pictures only, no autographs, to make sure they had time to see everyone. It was a cute interaction, and Daisy even remembered me from breakfast at Tusker House that morning! It was a total trip!

MK_SBCMARQUEECHAR_7114048573.jpeg

After that, we headed over to the castle for the fireworks, which were BEAUTIFUL! I found myself getting a little teary eyed, as I was so overwhelmed by everything. Next, over to main street for the parade, we got a good spot right in the little roundabout area at the end of the street by the train station, right in the front. The parade was amazing, and I even got a few happy birthdays from some of the characters in the parade (Wendy, Kristoff, Bo Peep, and one of the teddy bears). When the parade was over, we headed back over to the castle for the Christmas show, which was super cute. The crowd was so much smaller compared to the show right before the parade, got a great spot right in front. When that was over, we figured we'd see what the wait was for SDMT, it was about 11:45 at this point, so figured it was worth a shot. We were right, only a 30 minute wait, so we got in line and it was a pretty quick 30. The most frustrating part was when the line was moving, but the people playing the interactive games in line weren't paying attention because they were trying to match the gems to the mine car! The ride was fun, but IMO, not worth the 90+ minute wait it was every other time we checked. We also had a FP+ for Saturday night, so we ended up getting to ride it twice, which was cool. So anyway, that's my party story, didn't get in as many characters as I would have liked, but I got the most important ones, and saw all the other stuff I wanted to see, so I would mark this as a success!

Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing I'm so happy for you wow I feel great now that's so amazing seriously congratulations and thanks for sharing your happiness with us!!!!

Ok, so I'm back from Disney, and finally able to process everything that happened last week. I'll have to put up a full trip report, because it was absolutely amazing! Before we get to my Christmas party, I need to put this on the table: Right in front of the castle, on my birthday. I had no idea it was coming, but I'm so happy he did. It was the absolute greatest moment of my life! Like I said, I'll get a trip report up when I have some time and share all the deets, but for now, let's get back to the Christmas party. I had every intention of getting there early, but we spent the day at Animal Kingdom, and on the way out, a bird pooped on my head, so I had to go back to the hotel for a quick shower before heading out for the night. We ended up getting there at like 8 and immediately got in Jack's line, which moved quicker than I thought it would, but he also took quite a few, frequent breaks. Probably about every 2-3 groups. We got up there and he was a great interaction! My bf...I'm sorry, fiancee :-)lovestruc) wasn't really into it while we were waiting, but he really enjoyed it and talked about what a great interaction it was for the rest of the night. We then went straight over to the ducks, because Scrooge was my other must get while we were there. As expected, it moved faster as they don't talk, and they don't take as many breaks (we were the last group before their next break, lucky us!). They also got to the point where they announced they would be doing pictures only, no autographs, to make sure they had time to see everyone. It was a cute interaction, and Daisy even remembered me from breakfast at Tusker House that morning! It was a total trip! After that, we headed over to the castle for the fireworks, which were BEAUTIFUL! I found myself getting a little teary eyed, as I was so overwhelmed by everything. Next, over to main street for the parade, we got a good spot right in the little roundabout area at the end of the street by the train station, right in the front. The parade was amazing, and I even got a few happy birthdays from some of the characters in the parade (Wendy, Kristoff, Bo Peep, and one of the teddy bears). When the parade was over, we headed back over to the castle for the Christmas show, which was super cute. The crowd was so much smaller compared to the show right before the parade, got a great spot right in front. When that was over, we figured we'd see what the wait was for SDMT, it was about 11:45 at this point, so figured it was worth a shot. We were right, only a 30 minute wait, so we got in line and it was a pretty quick 30. The most frustrating part was when the line was moving, but the people playing the interactive games in line weren't paying attention because they were trying to match the gems to the mine car! The ride was fun, but IMO, not worth the 90+ minute wait it was every other time we checked. We also had a FP+ for Saturday night, so we ended up getting to ride it twice, which was cool. So anyway, that's my party story, didn't get in as many characters as I would have liked, but I got the most important ones, and saw all the other stuff I wanted to see, so I would mark this as a success!

Congratulations!!

If you really think about it...how could it get better? I'm so happy for you - Christmas and a proposal AND at Disney...oh man.
AND my birthday! It was absolutely perfect, I could have never imagined a better vacation/birthday/proposal/moment in my life! Thank you all for the love! I've been sharing the news with everyone I can think of, but I knew nobody would appreciate it as much as my crew on the DisBoards! Lol

Can anyone tell me what times Captain Jack meets during the party? I have two kids who are huge fans! Meeting Captain Jack will be a priority for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter