Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, what if it rains?

bradisgoofy

Retired, can see MK fireworks from my window, CM
We are going to MNSSHP tonight, Tuesday, September 13, 2016 and there is a 90% chance of rain. :( Has anyone experienced a Disney special event when it was raining? Do they cancel the parade? The stage shows? I would guess the CM must still stand out in the rain and pass out candy. Is there a possibility that Disney would give us tickets to another day?

:thanks: :surfweb:

The parade & fireworks will not be canceled (unless it's a steady downpour) but the Headless Horseman will not ride. Everything else will proceed as scheduled or run on a delay.

They do not give refunds or replacement tickets in the event of inclement weather unless it was significant.

If it is raining and you miss the headless horse man he may come out latter for the second one if the weather is better

It rained during the September 2nd party.
Its just like any other day that rains.
The candy will still be handed out.
The parade will still go on.
The Hallowishes MAY be cancelled or postponed but I've been to the parks during regular park days that it has rained and the fireworks have still gone on.
You will not be getting free tickets.

Just be sure to bring your ponchos/umbrellas/rain jackets... whatever you personally wear at WDW when its raining.

We went a few years ago during a steady downpour. The first parade was cancelled, the second one ran without the headless horseman. Fireworks went on as scheduled. There were still people passing out candy. Look on the bright side-you might have lesser crowds!

My daughter and I went to a MNSSHP in September several years ago, and it started raining hard early in the evening, and never let up. It was so bad that they actually gave us compensation - I don't recall if it was tickets for another evening, or a one day park pass. And we had to ask for it at Guest Services. I think it was because everything had to be cancelled - it was raining so hard that I don't recall there being a parade at all, and no fireworks - we were stranded at the gift shop outside Pirates for about an hour, and there were rivers of water everywhere. We got soaked, but still had fun - but thought it was very gracious of WDW to offer recompense. I have not heard of them doing that since, though.

Are at lot of the dates still available two or three days before? I can totally see the reasoning about wanting to wait till the last minute if possible to purchase a ticket to one of the events.

If you consider the party ruined getting in line for guest relations and leaving early might be fruitfull. Staying all night then complaining isn't going to be fruitful.. The party will be happening rain or shine.. Parades, stage shows, fireworks will happen if they are safe to happen. sometimes just delayed but depends on conditions and how long they are expected to last.

I've seen the party close late when the rain let up after 9 or 10. I've seen them offer refunds. Offer free tickets to the next party date (and that party will be PACKED FULL). Both a refund and free tickets. I've also seen people told no, terms of the sale was rain or shine....

What I do know is most people aren't tolerant of the rain when they are in costume. They absolutely leave when things don't happen and wet in a costume.

We were in the really bad party 4 years ago when it was terrible rain and lightning. It was very dangerous. We did get our tickets refunded since we were leaving the next day. Our friends stayed and said the candy came out about 10, and the fireworks went off really late (we were at BLT so could see those) but pretty much none of the rides were running, no parades, outside characters, or shows. I don't think they were able to get the second parade off either but I may be wrong. It was a nightmare waiting at guest relations for the refund....but typically they don't do refunds/exchanges. Weather was very extreme that night, we were told it was because of the severe lightning that lasted for a few hours and not the rain that they decided to refund.

The MNSSHP of September 14th, 2007 saw a tremendous amount of rain accompanied by thunder and lightening. Outdoor (and some indoor) rides closed. Parades were canceled or delayed. Fireworks were rendered invisible by the low clouds. Our family dawned ponchos and marched ahead. For us it added to the adventure and is something we reflect on as a good memory today. Much of whether poor weather will be a negative experience or not depends on the attitude of the person.

In compensation, we did receive a one-day Magic Kingdom pass that expired in one year (9/14/2008). Maybe this is the same night that KCMiller is referencing. Hard to believe it's been 9 years ago.

Been in rain and POURING TORRENTIAL rain. Horseman is not going to run if not safe so depends on weather at time of parade. Take ponchos and have fun!!

The MNSSHP of September 14th, 2007 saw a tremendous amount of rain accompanied by thunder and lightening. Outdoor (and some indoor) rides closed. Parades were canceled or delayed. Fireworks were rendered invisible by the low clouds. Our family dawned ponchos and marched ahead. For us it added to the adventure and is something we reflect on as a good memory today. Much of whether poor weather will be a negative experience or not depends on the attitude of the person.

In compensation, we did receive a one-day Magic Kingdom pass that expired in one year (9/14/2008). Maybe this is the same night that KCMiller is referencing. Hard to believe it's been 9 years ago.

I was there!!! We got tickets weeks later after we found out others had and called. [BUT it is rare to get your money back.]

Hallowishes in TORRENTIAL but wow was it the creepiest fireworks ever from the low clouds and I loved it!! Here are a couple shots.

2007_0922Disney07HP0112.jpg

2007_0922Disney07HP0142_1.jpg

2007_0922Disney07HP0148_1.jpg

We were there for that! Yes they gave us one day park tickets that we used the next year. We tried to stay for the 2nd parade (perhaps the only parade that night?) and it was running so late that we had to leave. Our kids were younger and one had just had enough - lol! We enjoyed it overall but the next year's party we went to without rain was definitely better.

I leave in a couple of weeks for a long weekend trip and plan to hit two parties. I still haven't bought the tickets yet as if one looked to be a rainout I'm not sure I'd want to spend that much money.....

We are going to MNSSHP tonight, Tuesday, September 13, 2016 and there is a 90% chance of rain. :( Has anyone experienced a Disney special event when it was raining? Do they cancel the parade? The stage shows? I would guess the CM must still stand out in the rain and pass out candy. Is there a possibility that Disney would give us tickets to another day?

:thanks: :surfweb:

We were at the party in 2014 when it rained. Everything still went on. A noticeable thing is that the dancers in the parade have a 2nd routine. The gravediggers were just kinda zombies, which was cool, they tried to get the shovels to spark and such, but no set routine, and this was the same for other choreographed routines.

It's why most recommend waiting until 2-3 days before to buy tickets so you can see the planned weather (still no guarantee, but helpful if significant systems are around)...

That's fine and dandy, except the ones closer to Halloween sell out quicker.... If you wait, you may not get in.

That's fine and dandy, except the ones closer to Halloween sell out quicker.... If you wait, you may not get in.

None have so far. No reason to think that will change, especially with prices only getting higher for the parties as the season goes on...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter