Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party - Best Trip Ever. (Photos)

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
The event was completely SOLD OUT. I was lucky enough to book my tickets in advance, and did plenty of planning as I thought the crowds were going to be insane, and the event non enjoyable. Let me tell you guys something, The Halloween Party is one of the BEST things I've ever done at Walt Disney World. As a seasoned veterian to the parks, and someone who has gone A LOT, the Halloween Party was a breathe of fresh air. I can't recommend this event enough to anyone who hasn't had the privilege of enjoying it yet!

I booked these three events at Fast Pass Plus as you were allowed to enter the park at four, and I wanted to maximize my event time:

The Haunted Mansion
What can't be said about this ride? This had to be one of the best rides in Disney WOrld, and puts you in the perfect Halloween Spirit. The ride is fantastic, the atmosphere, and lighting effects they get with the ghosts is just amazing, I loved it, and was the first time I actually got to experience the ride without such long lines, which makes it THAT much more enjoyable.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Again when you don't have the hour long que this ride is so much more enjoyable. I can't believe how great this ride still holds up, it gives me enough thrill without it being a six flags roller coaster. Without a doubt so much fun, and I wish I could have gone on it twice...but everyone wants to maximize their time in the park :D!

Pirates of the Caribbean
My last fast pass selection, and boy was it worth it. When I use to go on rides I tried to take pictures, but then realized that with taking all these pictures you lose the experience of actually just sitting there taking everything in and just enjoying the ride. This ride is classic, and I hope that it never changes only improves.

Peter Pans Flight
Little to no line, this one we went to during the festivites of the party, and it was awesome, I love the story feel of it that you actually get to live the movie again, and the little town of London on the bottom was amazing to look at. I heard that this one was one of the more line intensive lines, however not during the Halloween Party!

Journey Under the Sea: The Little Mermaid

Again, another walk on ride. I thought this ride was very familiar in that it does what Peter Pans flight does and takes you through the story. However, this one seems more up to date, and less dated. I really liked the Ursulla she looked and moved fantastic, again a very cool ride.

Mickey's Philharmagic
Another favorite of mine...again no line, but man I just love the 3D and going through all the classic Disney songs. Did they always have the water come out? I don't remember it, or maybe it wasn't working when I came...but I just love this ride, and I think it might need an updated in the 3D models though :p

Snow White Seven Dwarf Mine Train
The LONGest line, which was only about 20 minutes, however it was worth it. The que was really great, and it's nice having a ride based on Disney's first classic. I loved how it went outside new Fantasy Land, and felt really SMOOTH...the ride had a great smooth feeling, and I was happy I got to try out the newest attraction!

It's A Small World
meh...it is what it is...but still nice to always see the different world cultures!

Candy

I had a FULL bucket by the end of the night which included:
  • Twix
  • Reeses
  • Milkyway
  • Various Sour candies
  • M&Ms
  • Skittles
  • Snickers

all great name brand candies!

Characters

Tinker Bell
  • The Line to meet Tink was 0 mins so I just said why not and met her, she wasn't too playful, but was very pretty, and commented on my shirts. Took our photos and scramed out.

Mickey Mouse
  • I love Mickey, no matter how many times I go, and he was in his Halloween gear! I love the interactive Mickey who talks and he told us a zombie joke...it was really fun and the talking interactive Mickey makes the magic really come alive!

Minnie Mouse
  • No line sans about 10/15 people and she was in her costume and VERY interactive, I had a great time meeting her, it was a true pleasure thanks minnie I loved her witches costume!

Donald Duck
  • Me and Donald had the same type of costume on! He loved it and Goofy wasn't too thrilled about it!

Goofy
  • Although Goofy was mad at first he then took my bucket and posed for a picture and gave me a hug, he didn't have a different costume outside the one he uses on Brainstormer...wish he had something special.

Jafar
  • 5 minute wait - he was really great and I loved taking pictures with him...always cool to meet the villians!

Jack & Sally
  • TWENTY minute wait no 2 hours or whatever has been reported, although I got him in the second boo to you parade...he was REALLY interactive and cool and I highly enjoyed his meet, if you do one outside the dwarfs do him...it was a pleasure and the cast member portraying him was outstading
The Hag from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
  • My first photo! She was a 4 minute wait but I lined up for her becasue I wasn't initally going to get Jack and Sally so I wanted at least ONE villian/Halloween themed person. Very playful and a pleasure awesome expierence.

Crowds
I didn't find the crowds outside of the parade or fireworks bad AT ALL, it was a smooth sailing experience, granted I didn't go with a child or someone of an elderly nature so I can only comment on that from my end.

Pictures

Parade
I LOVED IT. Tip! If you guys go to the VERY front of the magic kingdom there is a spot that no one goes to it's almost where the parade ends NO ONE WAS THERE! I GOT A FULL front view of the parade without waiting hours for it! VERY cool and I loved the parade...it made the experience ten times more better.

Fireworks

Thanks so much for posting this. We are DIS veterans and we are going to the party this Thursday night. I was wondering if it was going to be worth all the extra money spent on tickets. (family of 5) Reading your posts has sparked my enthusiasm. I'm looking forward to it :thumbsup2

BTW~ quick question! How many people were dress up in costume? Would you say a fair amount? I'm trying to decide weather to dress up or not. The kids totally are :thumbsup2

BTW~ quick question! How many people were dress up in costume? Would you say a fair amount? I'm trying to decide weather to dress up or not. The kids totally are :thumbsup2

You NEED to dress up why even second guess it go have fun it's only a day feel like a kid. Most adults seemed to be enjoying themselves in costumes and had some amazing costumes.

It looks like the night was a complete success! Thanks for sharing! LOVE the Mickey trick or treat pumpkin! I was so excited a couple of weeks ago when I saw that they were offering it in exchange for Disney Movie Reward points!

It looks like the night was a complete success! Thanks for sharing! LOVE the Mickey trick or treat pumpkin! I was so excited a couple of weeks ago when I saw that they were offering it in exchange for Disney Movie Reward points!

Actually that one came from Walgreens for only 3.99! Not bad at all.

Also I don't know if she'll ever read this but Barbara the lady I met was so amazing you your friends and your family in the maid costume and your friend I the bell costume. She officered me a free flatbread pizza that she didnt want thank you

OMG you guys just look totally joyful! I did MNSSHP a few years ago - also just an adult couple - and it was awesome! I think in recent years people are dressing up more though. Back then just the kids did. I LOVED the parade. Do they still have the headless horseman? Oh, and where exactly was the secret parade spot you found??????
Thanks for your report!!

OMG you guys just look totally joyful! I did MNSSHP a few years ago - also just an adult couple - and it was awesome! I think in recent years people are dressing up more though. Back then just the kids did. I LOVED the parade. Do they still have the headless horseman? Oh, and where exactly was the secret parade spot you found??????
Thanks for your report!!

No THANK you for reading. The place was actually in the front right by Jack and Sally's meet the parsde ends there but no one was standing there everyone was crowding Main Street it was all around but the end gave me the exact same parade and no one was standing there at all! Totally enjoyable

hello,
Looks like you guys had a great time. You got the magic shot with the hitch hiking ghost I forgot to take.
Went to the first Mickey halloween party @ Disneyland and Jack was my favorite M&G. My boys had on Olaf shirts and Jack told them that it was Halloween time not Christmas time, so funny.

We are going to Disney in October this year and totally going to do the Halloween party! How far in advance can you purchase tickets?

Super excited to read your TR... I'm going this October and we decided to do two MNSSHPs because they just look so fun!! Did you meet the Seven Dwarves? I've heard the line can get really crazy for them and was curious if you noticed.

OMG that hag picture is a dream!! I wish you could meet her all the time! Jealous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter