Mickey's Mattahorn climb

mtemm

<font color=teal>Doubly blessed<br><font color=dar
how long has he been doing this? we caught it by accident when we were there last week and the cm we asked said he does it 2x a day, but I forgot to ask when it started. I don't remember it from any previous visits, although they were 15 years ago or so.

Off and on, he's been doing it for a long time - I remember seeing this in the 80's. They had stopped for awhile, but then he started climbing again this year, I think.

My family thought I was nuts when I told them people climb the Matterhorn. Imagine how shocked they were when they saw Mickey, Minnie & Goofy up there one day. :teeth: We thought it was a great "Disney touch"!

I also caught this by accident. What a great little show. I just wish I had a better camera so I could have zoomed in to get better shots.

-Matthew

Ask the CM standing by the info board near the Plaza Pavillion on the Adventureland side of the hub area. I know I've seen the climb going on many a time, but I can't remember the exact time of day I've seen it.

Do they do this everyday? I am getting ready to go for the first time and would like to see this. Thanks!! :cool1: ::MickeyMo

During the summer they do it everyday, and if you stand in the hub area up to the Matterhorn, you can hear Mickey, Minnie, & Goofy talking - it's cute. Before they go up, regular mountain climbers also climb the Matterhorn.

They do this about 11:30am and 5:00pm.

Yeah, my uncle overheard Goofy getting on his cell phone and calling for a pizza on the Matterhorn! It was hilarious!

I've seen it several times. When I was there in late July spiderman was scaling the mattahorn at different times than mickey.

Here is Minnie and Goofy

CaliforniaTrip1132.jpg

Here is Mickey Climbing to the Top

CaliforniaTrip1133.jpg

Yeah Mickey made it to the top and put the Climbing stick into the top of the moutain

CaliforniaTrip1134.jpg

Thanks for all the info, and GREAT photos! I can't wait to try and catch this when we go, I know my DD10 will get a big kick out of it!

That was the highlight of my recent trip. We all were cheering Mickey on to the top of the mountain. My daughter thought I was kidding when I told her there were mountain climbers going up the mountain.

I wonder what the CM's job title is? Mountain climber? :)

I caught this just last week. It was a great show! I knew about it ahead of time and had asked several CM's what time is occured, because it's not posted anywhere. Well 3 CM's gave me totally different times and none of them were right. I think you just have to catch it when it happens. I have a 10x zoom and got some fantastic pics, but not sure how to load them onto this thread. I'll try and see if I can figure it out.

we caught it last week and I want to say it was early to mid afternoon. We were trying to find some place to eat and thought we'd try either Blue Bayou (yeah, right) or some of the other french quarter places. All were so packed and we were hungry and annoyed and decided to head to Tomorrow Land and get burgers. I remember when DH asked at BB they had a 3:30 opening but we didn't want to wait...I'm 90% sure it was 3:30. I want to say it must have been about 1 or maybe 2pm (or somewhere in between) when we started over to T.L. and ran across mickey's climb. Wish I could be more specific, sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter