Mickey's Halloween Party

hawaiilife

Mouseketeer
We just planned a last minute trip to California to visit some family, and only have 1 day for Disneyland. We purchased tickets to Mickey's Halloween Party which gives us access to the park from 4pm-12am. My children are young..do you think it would be worth it to purchase 1 day passes to visit California Adventure in the morning/early afternoon? Or do you think the kids would be beat? We have never been to a halloween party before and I don't want the kids to be burnt out before the party starts, but I would also like to pack in as much as possible.

Thoughts? Thanks!

I just went to Mickey's Halloween Party yesterday and my brother, 5, seemed pretty tired towards the end so I think that it wouldn't be worth it, especially if you've gone before. The ride times at Disneyland during the party are very short anyways so you should be able to do many rides and meet many characters during the party.

When I went with a little one (3), he feel asleep about an hour before the party ended (we started the morning around 9:30 am, I think), but his sister (5) made it the whole time. I think it really depends on how young your children are and whether they tend to be night owls or not.

From what I have read on these boards DCA is also way more crowded on MHP days due to the reduced daytime hours at DL. Just something else to consider.

I think DCA gets crowded in the evenings, after MHP starts because the folks with park hoppers that aren't going to the party can hop over to DCA. Last Friday, the morning and early afternoon in DCA didn't seem all that busy.

I think it depends if there is anything in DCA the kids (or you) would be desperate to do. Cars land is the thing that comes to mind but that's also where Anna and Elsa are, the mickey mouse clubhouse show. You could take it pretty easy in DCA seeing shows and just doing a couple of rides but I probably wouldn't chance it unless there is something my kid was obsessed with.

Last year, my LO at age 3 lasted until after the paint the night parade at the Halloween party (9:30).
This year, she only made it to 8:30pm. We went to the early party at toontown which was from 6-8 pm.
She had a blast. We did have park hoppers at DCA and entered the park at around 9 am for a character breakfast and then went to take a nap in the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter