Mickey's Backyard Barbecue question

Pirates life for me

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone two questions if I may we have never done the Barbecue and thought it would be fun.

1. Is it on Sept 25th - Oct - 5th and do you think it is worth it we have 4 & 6 girls.
2. We did bounce back last year and got free dining from what I read you can do it for 2 credits each? Is this correct?

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/
*just click link for dinner shows

Dates are out for 9/25 and 9/26 and each day will add another day that you can book your reservation. It is 2 TS on the dining plan. We took 20mos and 4 year old and its was definitely organized chaos. Kids had a great time, food was average (surprisingly not bad).

We will be at Mickey"s Backyard BBQ on 9/25 I booked ours early Monday morning.. This will be our first time going to the BBQ.. It will be 2 table service per person.. We have 9 in our party.. I am so excited to see this!!

We will be at Mickey"s Backyard BBQ on 9/25 I booked ours early Monday morning.. This will be our first time going to the BBQ.. It will be 2 table service per person.. We have 9 in our party.. I am so excited to see this!!

The kids young and young at heart will :lovestruc Mickeys BBQ Food was good too Get there real early & spend some time looking around the area Now I want to go again too :banana:

wdw1106351.jpg

If you are on the dining plan can you book this online or do you have to call and book it?

We did the Backyard BBQ. We loved it! Me, DH, DS, DD, and my parents all attended. The food is traditional BBQ fare. Ribs, burgers, etc. The food was good and there was lots of it! The tables are long picnic tables everyone sort of sits together. The characters in their western wear come out and dance and play with the kids. They visit all the families at the tables and pose and sign autographs. The music was good if you like country music. There was a live band. When we went there was a cowboy that came out and did rope tricks for the kids. The dance floor is kind of small, but everyone gets out and dances. I would do it again. We enjoyed it very much.

Hi - we just got back from Disney and did the BBQ on Thursday. We had done it two years ago and loved it but sadly, we were disappointed this time around.

The event begins at 6:30 and you are asked to arrive 30 minutes early. We were checked in and inside the gate at 6:01. We saw Chip & Dale posing for pictures and got in line, we were told that we could not be guaranteed they would still be out as they needed to go in soon - at 6:03 they left?! I thought it was a little odd to have to arrive more than 30 minutes early to get the picture but we moved on. We were then seated at 6:30. Food was good, standard BBQ type. The characters came out around 6:50. The DID NOT visit each table as they had in the past and broke into three groupings to dance. Only Minnie interacted with the kids; the others danced around the kids but didn't dance with them as they had the first time we went. Mickey and Minnie did a photo opp but it was not announced and the line was closing within minutes of it opening.

I'm not typically a complainer but I thought it was unfair to have Mickey & Minnie pose for a few pictures while not extending the same opportunity to everyone at the event; at least with different characters. The interaction was at a minimum and I think even my DD4 realized it and asked to go play at the Winnie the Pooh playground in MK after a while. I don't know if the first time we went we got very lucky and had a great experience so by comparison this was not up to snuff or if this is what the event has become. I personally will not pay for this again - I think you have better interaction at Chef Mickey's. It is an expensive buffet meal and when you don't get the character time you expect with it its just not worth the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter