mickey welcome?

JadeDarkstar

Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom
Mickey’s Grand Welcome - $310 (tax included)
Mickey Mouse heard you were coming and so he slipped into your room to leave a special surprise! You will find a large, colorful package that has your name personalized on it from Mickey Mouse and a large plush. On the wall will hang a bright, celebrate banner as well as splashy colorful decorations & festive balloons throughout the room. Be sure to take a peek around, you‘ll find lots of extra goodies too. Don’t miss looking for Tinker Bell’s shadow, she’s come by to sprinkle Pixie Dust! There’s even an autograph book on the table, signed to you by Mickey Mouse himself. All of this is not only there for you to enjoy while you visit but every piece is meant for you to take home and continue to enjoy!

Alright so i had already been thinking about baskets but what if we just do one these things? I have looked an seen what some ppl got an im just like WOW

can any one show me pics of what they got from the last 6months or so? the ones i looked at were from early last year.
Im also interested in if we were to talk to the vacation planing an tell them what we like an possibility being able to make the One large plush in to two or three med ones more able to fit in bags?
I know i saw some small Pluto an goofy an stuff to looks like they really make it nice. even saw a light up toy for a kid im sure my son would love that lol

:cool1::cool1::love::santa:

For $310!!! :scared1:

That doesn't sound like the easy going, down to earth, humble Mickey that I know......:rolleyes1

Before you get too attached to the Mickey Welcome...

The Dream Makers can also arrange for a celebration that takes over your loved one's Resort room with decorations and gifts for birthdays, anniversaries, or just to say "Welcome!" Imagine your loved one's surprise to discover an exclusive bash just waiting on the other side of the resort room door. Select from spectacular options for imaginative gift experiences. It will appear as if Mickey and the Gang have prepared the room themselves! (Offer exclusive to Guests staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel.)

It looks like it is only for the 3 onsite hotels. You can have them make a custom basket, though. Remember that the cost is $25 per basket plus the cost of the items. I'm doing a basket for my kids, but everything is going in ONE basket to cut down on the cost.

Yikes! I'd never spend $300 on a basket! If I wanted something like that to surprise my child, I would sneak some things purchased from home and set them out sometime when he wasn't looking. Plus, I would know my own child and would be able to buy things I know he would like and use. If I had that much extra money left over for a trip, I'd use it for something special in the parks and still probably have lots left over.

its also for the good nibor hotles from what i heard. an yes im thinking about a basket with special things in but i love the pics i saw idk tho im looking for more pics of them

Before you get too attached to the Mickey Welcome...

The Dream Makers can also arrange for a celebration that takes over your loved one's Resort room with decorations and gifts for birthdays, anniversaries, or just to say "Welcome!" Imagine your loved one's surprise to discover an exclusive bash just waiting on the other side of the resort room door. Select from spectacular options for imaginative gift experiences. It will appear as if Mickey and the Gang have prepared the room themselves! (Offer exclusive to Guests staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel.)

It looks like it is only for the 3 onsite hotels. You can have them make a custom basket, though. Remember that the cost is $25 per basket plus the cost of the items. I'm doing a basket for my kids, but everything is going in ONE basket to cut down on the cost.

what is in the baskets? do you chose what to put in it? An where do you look to find what to put in it? I agree that my kid wouldnt like all of the things in the mickeys welcome.

Jade,

All I'm going to say is that the website says that the Mickey's Welcome is only for the resort hotels. If you want to know for sure, call vacation planning at 714-300-7526 opt. 2. What you would pay for Mickey's Welcome would cover the Fantasmic package for your whole family. I know that for my family, we can't justify that cost. As for the basket, you have to have an idea of what is sold in the park because that is where it comes from. For this trip, I have picked out things that I know the kids would buy for themselves anyway. Each person has to have an idea of what is justifiable for their family situation. Personally, I would rather put more money into my lodging instead of things because my kids have medical issues that necessitate downtime in the room. I would rather them have a nicer place to stay. I hope that you can get you answers from vacation planning.

Mickey’s Grand Welcome - $310 (tax included)
Mickey Mouse heard you were coming and so he slipped into your room to leave a special surprise! You will find a large, colorful package that has your name personalized on it from Mickey Mouse and a large plush. On the wall will hang a bright, celebrate banner as well as splashy colorful decorations & festive balloons throughout the room. Be sure to take a peek around, you‘ll find lots of extra goodies too. Don’t miss looking for Tinker Bell’s shadow, she’s come by to sprinkle Pixie Dust! There’s even an autograph book on the table, signed to you by Mickey Mouse himself. All of this is not only there for you to enjoy while you visit but every piece is meant for you to take home and continue to enjoy!

Alright so i had already been thinking about baskets but what if we just do one these things? I have looked an seen what some ppl got an im just like WOW

can any one show me pics of what they got from the last 6months or so? the ones i looked at were from early last year.
Im also interested in if we were to talk to the vacation planing an tell them what we like an possibility being able to make the One large plush in to two or three med ones more able to fit in bags?
I know i saw some small Pluto an goofy an stuff to looks like they really make it nice. even saw a light up toy for a kid im sure my son would love that lol

:cool1::cool1::love::santa:

One trick--call your hotel (Disneyland or Good Neighbor or whatever), and ask if they accept packages in advance of your arrival (most do.) Go to http://www.disneystore.com/ and/or http://www.toysrus.com, and buy plates, napkins, tablecloths, etc. to decorate the room, plus gift wrap and goodies. Have the package delivered to your hotel, and have one parent take the kids to the park while the other parent "sprinkles some pixie dust"

One trick--call your hotel (Disneyland or Good Neighbor or whatever), and ask if they accept packages in advance of your arrival (most do.) Go to http://www.disneystore.com/ and/or http://www.toysrus.com, and buy plates, napkins, tablecloths, etc. to decorate the room, plus gift wrap and goodies. Have the package delivered to your hotel, and have one parent take the kids to the park while the other parent "sprinkles some pixie dust"

there is an idea
hojos said they do accept packages before so maybe

there is an idea
hojos said they do accept packages before so maybe

I think I remember someone saying they were ordering stuff from a florist to be delivered to their room. I think they got balloons and maybe a stuffed mickey? I don't know for sure but it might be worth looking into. Maybe you can call up some local florists around there and see if they do any kind of welcome package. I'm sure it would be cheaper than the official disney version.

I think I remember someone saying they were ordering stuff from a florist to be delivered to their room. I think they got balloons and maybe a stuffed mickey? I don't know for sure but it might be worth looking into. Maybe you can call up some local florists around there and see if they do any kind of welcome package. I'm sure it would be cheaper than the official disney version.

My dh had flowers sent to our room for me this way and it was a whole lot cheaper. We were at DLH.

i know they do baskets at hojos im not sure bout the mickeys welcome. Maybe ill just order a basket lot cheaper an pick exat things that hed like an ask for few banners or something an see how much the tink light costs because what i saw was so cute id pay some extra for it. but maybe the 310 is much

disneystore.com has 2foot tall sorcery magic mickey for 17bucks

Someone here had a room at HoJo decorated for their stay. I don't remember who it was but pics were posted and it looked really good. I would go that way, there's no way I would spend $310 on a welcome basket! lol
Something we did for our girls when they were younger and we didn't have APs, we would have Tink gifts left for them overnight. I used glitter and sprinkled it on the table and then took a Polly Pocket shoe and made shoe prints to show that Tink walked on the table. They LOVED it!!! I did things like t-shirts (bought beforehand at the Disney Store), pins, pens, autograph books, stickers. I would really suggest doing that before doing a welcome basket for $310. That's just way out of our budget! :)

Someone here had a room at HoJo decorated for their stay. I don't remember who it was but pics were posted and it looked really good. I would go that way, there's no way I would spend $310 on a welcome basket! lol
Something we did for our girls when they were younger and we didn't have APs, we would have Tink gifts left for them overnight. I used glitter and sprinkled it on the table and then took a Polly Pocket shoe and made shoe prints to show that Tink walked on the table. They LOVED it!!! I did things like t-shirts (bought beforehand at the Disney Store), pins, pens, autograph books, stickers. I would really suggest doing that before doing a welcome basket for $310. That's just way out of our budget! :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your tink idea!!

Okay, so, don't get upset at me, I am just trying to help...

This sounds adorable and I am sure it is very cool to walk in to a room a see it. However, you were posting on several other threads about being on a tight budget to make your trip. $310 can go a LONG way on food, hotel, snacks, souvenirs, photos, shows, and so much more.

$310 to decorate your motel room? why not make a trip to the arts and crafts store. Buy some very cool things and decorate it yourself?

Just a few thoughts. Of course, it is clearly your choice where to spend your money and how much to spend, but since you have been public about your trip being on a tight budget, I just thought I would offer an alternative for a LOT less than $310.

- Dreams

that is so cute.
an its not 300 for a basket lol its a bunch more stuff but ya we dont think 310 is good for it when we can do what hed really like for bout 50 an then have 100 for spending an do F with the same amount lol

disney dreams. yes i know
I just like fell in love with the pics i saw an was trying to see maybe alturnates to it.
I also want that light but im sure i can find the tink light some where else an a few things the kid would like better

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your tink idea!!

Thanks they still talk about it and it's been years! :)

that is so cute.
an its not 300 for a basket lol its a bunch more stuff but ya we dont think 310 is good for it when we can do what hed really like for bout 50 an then have 100 for spending an do F with the same amount lol

yes it's more but I feel (as does Disney Dreams) that you can do so much more with that money. :) And you can do your own things like this for much less! :) And yes, the HoJo will absolutely accept a package for you, they will hold it at the front desk until you check in and pick it up. :) Maybe instead of this (and most good neighbor hotels do not participate in these decorating things without the guest being present) Mickey's Welcom package you can send some stuffies you get ahead of you, have them there in a box, then when you are there you can have DH take the little man to the pool, you can decorate the room with the stuff you sent ahead and then meet them at the pool and when you get back to your room it's all decorated. Your DS won't know the difference, you will save a ton of cash and everyone will be super happy. :) Just a thought. :)

disney dreams. yes i know
I just like fell in love with the pics i saw an was trying to see maybe alturnates to it.
I also want that light but im sure i can find the tink light some where else an a few things the kid would like better

The light ups, look on eBay, or check Disney Shopping.com, you might be surprised at what you can find. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter