Mickey Waffle Recipe?????

vjc715

Mouseketeer
Anyone have a great recipe they use for their Mickey Waffle maker????

I know it comes with some recipes....but maybe I was doing it wrong(very likely) but they didn't come out :rolleyes:

I've had this waffle maker for 2+ years...I've only used it once. It sounds like the perfect Christmas Breakfast while watching the WDW Christmas parade!

Thanks!!!!

I don't do waffles - except in the toaster ;) - but I collected this recipe. I think the place I got it from said it was from various locations around WDW.

Mickey Waffles
4 eggs, separated
1 cup milk
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
2 cups flour
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla (optional)
Beat egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until light. Add cooled melted butter, milk and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking powder & salt, beat well. Beat egg whites until stiff and gently fold into batter. Bake and serve.

My husband uses Bisquick to make his Mickey waffles. They taste delicious.

piratesmate said:
I don't do waffles - except in the toaster ;) - but I collected this recipe. I think the place I got it from said it was from various locations around WDW.

Mickey Waffles
4 eggs, separated
1 cup milk
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
2 cups flour
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla (optional)
Beat egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until light. Add cooled melted butter, milk and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking powder & salt, beat well. Beat egg whites until stiff and gently fold into batter. Bake and serve.

That is the recpie that came with my Mickey Wafle maker, we tried it once. A bit of work for walfles, but yummy. Kind of cake like and hevey. Hubby normally just uses Aunt Jammina complete and that works fine too. However lately we have been using the Trader Joes coco waffle mix. Yummy!
The best thing I got the Mickey Waffle iron last year, 75% off at TDS. One of the best finds ever!!!!

nanajoyx2 said:
My husband uses Bisquick to make his Mickey waffles. They taste delicious.

My husband uses the same recipe to make Mickey waffles :)!! Sometimes we use the food processor to chop up chocolate chips &/or nuts to add to the waffles.

I use the basic Mickey recipe as well, but I add about 3/4 cup sour cream and 1 tsp baking soda before folding in the egg whites. YUMMY!!!!

I always use the waffle recipe on the back of the Light Bisquick box. They turn out great. Much easier than the recipe that came with it.

My mom gave me the Mickey Mouse Waffle Maker last year for my birthday. She also just got DS(9) the Mickey Mouse Toaster that plays the MM Club March when the toast pops up. :teeth:

I'm really lazy - haven't made waffles in years. Bought a box of Krusteaz Belgian Waffle mix recently and they turned out wonderful!

Stopped at the local veggie stand today and found fresh strawberries from Plant City - bet you know what we're having tomorrow!

Denise < --- LOVES living in FL :)

I'm hungry for breakfast now! I'm going to make my waffles now too...I bought the Disney Princess Waffle Maker at Home Depot for $19 (read it yesterday on the DIS boards....) to go along with Mickey!

Got this recipe from Dear Abby long ago. I use it with my Mickey Waffle Maker and it comes out light a airy. It cold also be use for pancakes.

2 C Bisquick
1 egg
1/4 C oil
10 oz bottle soda water
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together and it's it.

You do have to use this batter up, so I make all the waffles I can with it and freeze what we don't eat.

I simply use any of the packets of Bisquick Complete muffin mixes. My favorite is the Cinnamon Swirl. You simply add enough water to make it into a pourable batter. Do NOT overmix or it becomes tough & chewy. Let sit for a couple of minutes to puff up, then pour!

Any muffin mix will do this, you can use the Jiffy brand or White brand boxes of muffin mixes too, like the blueberry, cranberry or cornmuffin for corn waffles. Yum!:teeth:

Mickey waffles on property use a special kind of flour called something like "maltomeal" or "maltomix". I thought i had a website for it but can't find it right now.

LindaBabe said:
Mickey waffles on property use a special kind of flour called something like "maltomeal" or "maltomix". I thought i had a website for it but can't find it right now.

You might want to try these:

http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=135960

http://www.goldenmalted.com/

http://www.chefsresource.com/golden-malted-pancake-mix.html

Original Golden Malted Waffles

2 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups water
2 cups Golden Malted Flour
4 tbsp. butter, melted

Beat eggs and water together, then add flour and mix well. Stir in melted butter and make sure to mix well again. Ladle onto hot waffle iron and remove when golden brown. Makes 5-6 waffles.

Can this flour Golden Malted be found easily? I don't ever remember seeing it at the store?

Thanks for the recipes and help everyone!!! :cool1:

for people who have celiacs etc. Bob's red mill gluten free is the mix they use at the captains grill. I add vanilla some butter to the mix. You can always use almond milk or coconut milk if you want or need to. The chef was kind to tell us and we love the mix so much we bought a 25 lb. bag with five kids they cannot tell the difference between that and the wheat mix. It makes it easier for the rest of us that are gluten free for medical reasons.They make it in 1 lb bags also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter