• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey Mouse Lamp Post

OK GRUMPY

<font color=darkcoral>And that is some useless chi
I was there in December and there were alot of campers that had these Mickey Lamp post. There was a thread that showed how to make them. I can't find it anymore. I would like to know how to make them plus I have some question. If you know how please let me know.
Thanks
Cindy

I have questions about this also! I can't wait to go, and I SO want a lampost, but I don't know how it would hook up, and can't quite figure out the logistics of making it.

There is a link at Disney Echo Forum on how to make one but it wouldn't let me link it for you. I'm in the process of trying to make one.

OK, I'm back with a parts list and instructions. I use that term loosely,as this was pieced together by a novice. I'll do my best, and you can post any questions you have. We will do our best to answer them!

Again, this was pieced together and some was sort of jerry-rigged to make it fit.

Parts:

1-12 inch and 2 -6 inch plastic globes. (I'm sure glass would work, we just happened to find plastic ones.)

clear silicone

3 inch PVC schedule 40 pipe (cut to your preferred height) We could only buy in 10 foot stick

2 4x3 reduces (PVC)

1 light socket

1 plug ( for bottom of post for extension cord)

1- 2 x 2 inch pipe coupling ( for Light Socket)

1- 2 X 21/2 in pvc pipe adapter (to hold pipe coupling. the bottom was hexagon shaped and was made to fit tighter with duct-tape)

12-2 electric wire ( or an old Extension cord would work)

Krylon black PVC spray paint

Globes,small holes were cut in the large globe where 6 inch globes were siliconed on. Did this to let more light shine into "ears'.

then silicone one 4x3 reducer(larger end) to bottom of the head. Paint it first.

light socket was put in 2 1/2 inch pvc coupler and the coupling inserted into the pipe adapter .this was made to fit in the top of the pole with a little duct tape around the top to make a tighter fit.

Electric cord was connected to socket and run down pole to the connector at the bottom of the pole. A hole was drilled to fit the bottom connector.

other reducer was connected to the bottom, large side down. DH drilled small holes around the bottom and used tent stakes to connect it to the ground. the reducer connected to the head fits right over the top of the pole and is left unglued so we can take it on and off to put the bulb in. it is a tight fit and keeps it weather proof.
When you are building this and have questions just ask and I will answer them as best I can.

lamppost001.jpg

lamppost004.jpg

DSCN0512.jpg

I couldn't get my hubby to build one so I bought one from
( PvcLampPost dot com )
and I'm very happy with it.

I guess my post count isn't high enough to post the above link, maybe someone with permission can post the link correctly for others.

I'm getting ready to go to Piney Grove campground on July 11th. First trip of the year and a big one, two full weeks! I'm so excited I can't wait. Where are you guys going next?

Happy Camper Blogs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter