mickey mouse clubhouse First birthday party!!!

phillmolly

DIS Veteran
So my son will be turn a year old in Oct and we are starting to plan his first birthday party! We want to do a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse party and I am looking for some ideas. We want to have the party outside in our backyard because our house is nowhere near big enough to hold everybody that we want to invite. We are thinking of having it the first weekend in Oct and here in Southeast Michigan the weather can go either way, it has been in the 80's (two years ago it was close to 90!!!) or it can be in the 40's or 50's. We are hoping that it will be closer to the average of 70. We are going to buy a big tent and we also have a chimea (sp???) and my DH want to buy a few portable heaters just in case. I am thinking about putting a note in the invitations that we will be outside as long as it is not pouring rain, something like this:

We will be outdoors, so please remeber a jacket or sweater for everyone! Thank you!!!

Also any ideas on food and games?? I don't really want to do hamburger and hotdogs or pizza, but I also don't want to be in the kitchen the whole party. We were thinking about maybe doing bbq pulled pork and bbq pulled chicken but I have never done that before! I also would like to do a few mickey mouse shaped things. We will probally have at least 40 people, but maybe as many as 60 -70!

We will probally have about 12 -15 kids ranging from 1 to about 10. I am thinking about a sacvenger hunt with the big kids helping the little kids. I am also going to have a pinita and pin the tail on the mouse (mickey mouse, of course). Any other ideas??

As you can see I have never planned a first bday before and I really want to make as special as I can because Will is the baby we have waited 14 years for!! There is a really good chance that he will be my only baby and I am really looking forward to this.

TIA for all your help and ideas!!!!

That is the theme we did for my DD's 1st b-day.

I had a WDW mouse ear hat for her w/ name on the back.
I had a Mickey Mouse ear cookie cutter - you could make sugar cookies out of it. I actually made my DDs cake out of this (I made a sugar free one for her)
(you could buy both by calling WDW merchandise)

2poohbears - Thank you so much for that link!!!! There are some really great ideas, I am going to see if I can find someone who can make that cake for me (I am baking challanged, lol) I also like the game ideas and the party invites, gave me some great ideas to work with.

We did a Mickey 1st Birthday for our son back in January (although we are in FL)

We had finger foods because we did it between lunch and dinner - pizza rolls, taquitos, fruit trays, veggie trays, cheese & cracker trays, etc.. - We bought the Mickey head cheese.

We had Mickey head rice crispy treats dipped in chocolate (to make ears) like the ones you buy at Disney. But because of cost and number of people, we made ours with a Mickey head cookie cutter.

We had cupcakes with white icing and took mini oreos and stuck them in sitting up to make ears.

I made a Mickey head cake. We bought Mickey decorations. For party favors, we gave out Disney books from the bookstore outlet.

We made a t-shirt for our son at Disney. We got him ears and had them embroidered with his name.

Nates1stBirthday-1-31-09030.jpg

Nates1stBirthday-1-31-09115.jpg

Nates1stBirthday-1-31-09110.jpg

The white flour on the outside of the cake wasn't noticeable in person but it showed up big time in the pictures.

Tiffany - where did you get that t-shirt??? My sis-in-law is going to WDW in August and I would love to have her get me one! Could you tell me what store you got it from so that I can try to get one, Thanks!!!!

My son's 1st birthday last year was Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

We had a Mickey Mouse backdrop. we used red, black, yellow, and lime green as our colors. So, we tried to use those colors everywhere, from the tablecloths, centerpieces, and the balloons.

We served cheese crackers, fruit (in the specific colors of the party - strawberries, raspberries, green grapes, pineapple), mickey shapped chicken nuggets, mickey shaped pretzels, mickey pasta salad, cheese, etc. Mickey head confetti was scattered all over all of the tables.

You can a cheese scavenger hunt. Like an Easter egg hunt but with with foam shaped cheese. We had Disney music playing.

We had Mickey Mouse printed pages for the kids to color, Mickey Mouse frisbees, Mickey Mouse kites, Mickey tattoos. We had everything in different stations with different names. We ordered Mickey cookies online.

Daisy's Craft Corner
Pluto's Feeding Station
Minnie's Memory Stop (sign-in book where people could write special messages for the birthday boy)
Goofy's Tattoo Parlor
Mickey's Gift Drop
Donald's Game Station

We all wore different Disney character shirts. We also had a clown who came dressed in a Minnie Dress.

Hope some of this helps. I love planning parties. So, feel free to let me know if I can help further...

IMG_2378.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_2384.jpg

IMG_2429.jpg

So my son will be turn a year old in Oct and we are starting to plan his first birthday party! We want to do a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse party and I am looking for some ideas. We want to have the party outside in our backyard because our house is nowhere near big enough to hold everybody that we want to invite. We are thinking of having it the first weekend in Oct and here in Southeast Michigan the weather can go either way, it has been in the 80's (two years ago it was close to 90!!!) or it can be in the 40's or 50's. We are hoping that it will be closer to the average of 70. We are going to buy a big tent and we also have a chimea (sp???) and my DH want to buy a few portable heaters just in case. I am thinking about putting a note in the invitations that we will be outside as long as it is not pouring rain, something like this:

We will be outdoors, so please remeber a jacket or sweater for everyone! Thank you!!!

Also any ideas on food and games?? I don't really want to do hamburger and hotdogs or pizza, but I also don't want to be in the kitchen the whole party. We were thinking about maybe doing bbq pulled pork and bbq pulled chicken but I have never done that before! I also would like to do a few mickey mouse shaped things. We will probally have at least 40 people, but maybe as many as 60 -70!

We will probally have about 12 -15 kids ranging from 1 to about 10. I am thinking about a sacvenger hunt with the big kids helping the little kids. I am also going to have a pinita and pin the tail on the mouse (mickey mouse, of course). Any other ideas??

As you can see I have never planned a first bday before and I really want to make as special as I can because Will is the baby we have waited 14 years for!! There is a really good chance that he will be my only baby and I am really looking forward to this.

TIA for all your help and ideas!!!!
We did a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse themed birthday party when DS turned 1. It was so much fun. I am at work now, but if I get some time this evening when I am home, I will try to post some pictures for you.

there's some cool ideas and printables at Playhouse Disney... this link has games, printable invitations and thank you notes, printable decorations, and even recipes with the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme...
http://tv.disney.go.com/playhouse/grown-ups/celebrationcenter/checklists/mmch/index.html
This is the site we went to while we were planning as well. It has a lot of great ideas for food, decorations, etc.

We did a Mickey 1st Birthday for our son back in January (although we are in FL)

We had finger foods because we did it between lunch and dinner - pizza rolls, taquitos, fruit trays, veggie trays, cheese & cracker trays, etc.. - We bought the Mickey head cheese.

We had Mickey head rice crispy treats dipped in chocolate (to make ears) like the ones you buy at Disney. But because of cost and number of people, we made ours with a Mickey head cookie cutter.

We had cupcakes with white icing and took mini oreos and stuck them in sitting up to make ears.

I made a Mickey head cake. We bought Mickey decorations. For party favors, we gave out Disney books from the bookstore outlet.

We made a t-shirt for our son at Disney. We got him ears and had them embroidered with his name.

Nates1stBirthday-1-31-09030.jpg

Nates1stBirthday-1-31-09115.jpg

Nates1stBirthday-1-31-09110.jpg

The white flour on the outside of the cake wasn't noticeable in person but it showed up big time in the pictures.
I have that same shirt! I love it! I bought it during my last trip in 2008. The other day I let my son walk into my closet to pick out my shirt for the day and he said "Mama, this is my favorite. Wear Minnie Mouse." :)

We're doing a MMCH party for my DD's 1st birthday in a couple weeks. We're keeping it pretty small and simple, just family, because we have a HUGE (Hannah Montana @@) party for DD7's birthday at the end of Aug. A friend of the family is making a MMCH cake because I wanted something a step up from grocery store type cakes, and I ordered DD's mouse ears for her to wear instead of a party hat.

Our dollar store has mylar Mickey & MMCH balloons, so we're going to have those along with basic red & yellow balloons on each table as centerpieces. We're not really doing games or anything since the only kids that will be there are mine and my BFF's and they'll have plenty to do with the climbing stuff and the kiddie pool. We usually keep first birthdays pretty simple because the little one is really too small for much in the way of games a

As far as food goes, we're going with simple seasonal stuff. I'm making tomato & mozzarella salad, fresh guacamole & salsa, and we'll have a veggie tray with ranch and a fruit tray with yogurt dip. For the main course, DH will be grilling burgers, portabello mushrooms, potatoes and corn on the cob. Summer birthdays are so easy!

I got the custom shirt at a store across from the Christmas store at DTD. It's sort of next to (connected to?) the art store next to Rainforest. It took a few hours for them to make it but it was worth it. :)

And I love my Minnie shirt :)

Thanks everyone for the great ideas!

I was talking to my sis today and I think we are now going to have a joint bday party, her DD is only 2 weeks younger than my little guy and so even though for her it will be 3 weeks early we figure it will be easier than having 2 parties with most of the same people. We are either going to do Mickey and Princess or Mickey and Minnie. I am leaning towards mickey and minnie but either way will be fun. We have also decided to just do pizzas. That way we can have more fun with our guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter