Mickey, Momma, and Me! - A PTR! ~The Last Word! 4/19~

Counting today, I only have 4 more days of work before heading out!:woohoo: I am so excited! I had trouble sleeping last night! Speaking of work, for those of you who don't know, I work for a Canadian chain store called Winners which is a sister company of TJ Maxx and Marshalls. I'm the store's jewelry consultant! I have several regular customers who I've come to know and enjoy selling to! Yesterday I was telling one of them I would likely be away the next time she came in. She asked where I was going, so I told her and this is the conversation we had:

Me: Oh, I'm going to Disney World.
Her: Disneyland! That's fun! How many children do you have?
Me: Well, Disney World in Florida...and I don't have any children.
Her: That's nice! But you go without kids? What do you do without kids? I was there about 20 years ago, but my son is nearly 30 now so he wouldn't have much fun there now....
Me: I'm nearly 30 now, and I'm going with my mum! It's my favourite place!
Her: Oh...Well I'm sure you'll have fun then....I guess I'll see you in a couple of weeks.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear....:laughing:

So all the packing I was going to do? I haven't done it yet....I'll be doing it tomorrow!:upsidedow So I'll fill you all in with more info over the weekend!
Happy Friday!:goodvibes

Love the tshirts! You have so many fun choices! I can't believe you're already 4 days until your trip! I'm so excited for you girl!:woohoo:

Some people just don't get it. I feel so sorry for them. :sad2:

No, they seriously don't!

I don't feel sorry for them...less people crowding the parks and my fun :thumbsup2

Same! Or at least I appreciate having the extra knowledge so I know how to get away from them!

Love the tshirts! You have so many fun choices! I can't believe you're already 4 days until your trip! I'm so excited for you girl!:woohoo:

Thanks Jess! I absolutely cannot wait! I hope you and Blake get to go soon!

So, I did pack earlier this afternoon! But I haven't had a chance to get the pics up. "Someone" and I went to dinner and saw Hot Tub Time Machine! I'll get them up when I get home from work tomorrow. The black Mickey shirt, RNR shirt, Daisy shirt, Happily Ever After shirt, and the Minnie It's Your job to make me happy shirt are all coming along!

But for now, I need to have a midnight snack (oatmeal muffin anyone? I kinda burnt them around the edges...:rolleyes1), and then get my beauty sleep! Hope you're having a good weekend!:goodvibes

Hi everyone! I'm home from work (only 2 more work days:woohoo:) and I've had my dinner so it's time for an update!

Yesterday I did my packing! Ooooooh boy I can't wait to get outta here and go! I had to go through my summer clothes and see what fit and what didn't. The good news is most of my stuff was a little loose in the bum and waist!:yay:My DBFF Lauren came over to help me (for those of you who don't know, she is my usual Disney travel companion, but she wasn't able to go this time), she and I have been friends for years and years!

packing002.jpg

Here is what my closet looked like in the midst of it all:eek:
packing006.jpg

Here's my suitcase!!!
packing003.jpg

And my toiletries case(with only some of my makeup)
packing001.jpg

After Lauren left, I went out with "someone" for the evening, but when I got home, I started making CD's for our drive to Detroit! (I really only need one because it's not that far of a drive but, I made 3!) I hesitated to post this photo my cousin took but I will, please avoid looking at my face as I have NO make up on!
packing004.jpg

Now I am sooooo ready to go!!:cheer2:

2 days out and you're packed??? This is completely foreign to me! :lmao: Good for you! I cannot wait to hear all about your trip. I know you're going to have a great time. And I'm torn on those who don't get it... torn b/w feeling sorry for them and glad they aren't crowding the parks. ;) Good points, CP and Katie.

In case I don't make it back on here, hope you have a very magical time! Please come back here and tell us ALL about it. :upsidedow

So! Despite plans to do so, I did not plan out each vacation day to the max! I figured I would let this trip be more of spontaneous one! This also has to do with the fact that I have no idea when my mother plans on coming to the parks with me other then when we have ADR's! But here's a day-by-day schedule of what I do have planned:

April 21 - Arrival! I will be heading straight to :tinker:MK and hitting PoTC first! (it's tradition!)

April 22 - Chef Mickey's 5:30pm:mickeyjum

April 23 - 1900 Park Fare 9:20am:flower1:

April 24 - Crystal Palace 8:05am:tigger:

April 25 - MK EMH til 1am!:goofy:

April 26 - Backstage Magic Tour 9am!:ccat:

April 27 - Tusker House 9:25am:donald:

April 28 - Tutto Italia 3:25pm:figment:

April 29 - 50's Prime Time Cafe(for mum's birthday!) 3:15pm:maleficen

Obviously we plan on visiting all the special stuff for the Flower and Garden Festival and I really want to take a tour of the Tea Garden at England! We'll also spend time at Downtown Disney and I have a couple of resorts I want to go to, to look around! I decided against the Wishes Dessert party because I don't think my mum would really find it worth the money (though I would!), and it gives me something to save for the next visit!

Anyone have any suggestions of other little things I could add in?:thumbsup2

Well, I think that's all for tonight! I need to make a couple of new playlists for the iPod! My sweet Dcousin Kyle is trading me iPods for the trip so I can use his cool new iPod touch!:earboy2: See you all tomorrow for the final update!:stitch2:

Lookin' good on the packing, Stace!!! :thumbsup2

I like the idea of not having a lot planned and just going with the flow -- I think you will have a great time!

I really wanted to try the Wishes Dessert party on my DHs birthday but I just couldn't spend that money. I'm already over budget on what I'd planned to spend and we usually just share a peice of cake to eat for dessert anyway. Dh would be in heaven if they ever decided to have a Wishes Bar Party with all you can drink! :rotfl: ok so maybe they'd have to change it to Illuminations Bar Party since no alcohol in MK!

Have a FUN trip!!!

Lookin' good on the packing, Stace!!! :thumbsup2

I like the idea of not having a lot planned and just going with the flow -- I think you will have a great time!

Thanks Jackie! I sure hope I have a great time! I'm definately planning on it!:thumbsup2

Stacy...you leave tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

I know I know!! :hyper::hyper::hyper: Don't worry! You leave soon too!:thumbsup2

I really wanted to try the Wishes Dessert party on my DHs birthday but I just couldn't spend that money. I'm already over budget on what I'd planned to spend and we usually just share a peice of cake to eat for dessert anyway. Dh would be in heaven if they ever decided to have a Wishes Bar Party with all you can drink! :rotfl: ok so maybe they'd have to change it to Illuminations Bar Party since no alcohol in MK!

Have a FUN trip!!!

Thanks! :)An Illuminations Bar Party sounds good to me!!:thumbsup2 I think I'll be good with dessert at dinner or a good snack (like a Mickey bar!). Plus all those desserts likely aren't good for my cholesterol levels!:eek:

Hey Everyone!

Time for the final update! I've just washed off my dead sea mineral face mask and am now waiting for my hair to dry! I am being harrassed by Brody dog...I think he knows his Auntie is leaving him tomorrow!:goodvibes

So, as you know, things are pretty much ready to go. I'll be leaving straight from work tomorrow afternoon to pick up my mum at her house, and then we'll be leaving for Detroit! The hotel has a shuttle which takes us to the airport around 5:15am. Did I mention we're flying with Delta? Well, we are!

I put digital copies of The Hangover and Up on the iPod (those are the only ones I have! Weird mix I know!:upsidedow) so I have some stuff to watch while waiting in the airport and on the flight. And some music of course too, including the Wishes soundtrack (My Fave!)

I've said goodbye to DBF and DBFF and will say goodbye to the rest of my family in the morning. Then it's off to work (which will be the longest shift of my life!). After that let the adventures begin! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

You guys all take care while I'm gone:goodvibes and I'll meet you back here to let you know where to find the TR!

Oh and Katie, you have a FABULOUS trip! Be safe and have fun!:hug:

See you real soon!:mickeyjum

2 days out and you're packed??? This is completely foreign to me! :lmao: Good for you! I cannot wait to hear all about your trip. I know you're going to have a great time. And I'm torn on those who don't get it... torn b/w feeling sorry for them and glad they aren't crowding the parks. ;) Good points, CP and Katie.

In case I don't make it back on here, hope you have a very magical time! Please come back here and tell us ALL about it. :upsidedow

Sorry C! For whatever reason your post just showed up to me now! Usually I am packed long before the 2 day mark! This time I was just too busy to do it any earlier! I promise I will fill you in on everything when I get home! I'm making myself finish my TR this time around!:rolleyes1 Have a good ten days! I'll think of you when I get my Grey Goose Slushie in France! ;)

So! Despite plans to do so, I did not plan out each vacation day to the max! I figured I would let this trip be more of spontaneous one! This also has to do with the fact that I have no idea when my mother plans on coming to the parks with me other then when we have ADR's! But here's a day-by-day schedule of what I do have planned:

April 21 - Arrival! I will be heading straight to :tinker:MK and hitting PoTC first! (it's tradition!)

April 22 - Chef Mickey's 5:30pm:mickeyjum

April 23 - 1900 Park Fare 9:20am:flower1:

April 24 - Crystal Palace 8:05am:tigger:

April 25 - MK EMH til 1am!:goofy:

April 26 - Backstage Magic Tour 9am!:ccat:

April 27 - Tusker House 9:25am:donald:

April 28 - Tutto Italia 3:25pm:figment:

April 29 - 50's Prime Time Cafe(for mum's birthday!) 3:15pm:maleficen

See you all tomorrow for the final update!:stitch2:

Just made it in under the wire!

That's a great meal line-up.
I'll think about you Saturday morning at Crystal Palace, for sure.
Have a fabulous trip! :dance3:

Just made it in under the wire!

That's a great meal line-up.
I'll think about you Saturday morning at Crystal Palace, for sure.
Have a fabulous trip! :dance3:

Thanks Memom! :goodvibes I'll think of you too! Especially while walking and shopping! I'll say hi to Eeyore for you and let him know you're coming back soon! I already know you're upcoming trip will be awesome!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter