Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway opens March 4th!

Had 12pm FP+ today. Was in and out of the building in about 15 min. At that time the ride was running VERY smoothly and they were really loading the people in.

I thought the ride was Amazing!!! Visually it was awesome and first time I have ever been on trackless. The technology blew me away. IMO visually better than Navi.

It was a bit more jolting than I was expecting but to me not any worse than Toy Story.

The CM said “extended downtime”. Curious if they’ll open standby again tonight-I’m hoping yes since I didn’t make it in line yet!

I’d have been shocked if it could have made opening day with no closure. An hour is great

Ride may have been only minutes long, but that song is engrained in my head.

For folks wondering, no bathroom passes at this time. But I simply acknowledged the CM, told them my intentions and said I'll be back in a few minutes. Told CM my name and pointed towards my ride partner. Easy as could be, but this was in front of the marquee sign/entrance.

What would make this ride go down? Would it be the actual trackless cars or something more with all the other visual aspects of it?
No idea, but there stre several elements that could malfunction

That blows my mind that it got up to 5 hours. That means that ppl saw it at 4 hours & decided that wasn’t too bad & got in line!
We're still seeing FoP climbing to 2 hours and some days even longer, so opening day 4 hours is not really unrealistic
Ride may have been only minutes long, but that song is engrained in my head.

For folks wondering, no bathroom passes at this time. But I simply acknowledged the CM, told them my intentions and said I'll be back in a few minutes. Told CM my name and pointed towards my ride partner. Easy as could be, but this was in front of the marquee sign/entrance.
The song is stupidly catchy :)

I am going to compare to FEA which went down a lot when the animation sync went down (ie, the faces weren’t syncing to the words or didn’t show up)
ahh that makes sense. I could new see the parts of the ride that could malfunction. thanks

We're still seeing FoP climbing to 2 hours and some days even longer, so opening day 4 hours is not really unrealistic

It’s not that it’s not realistic. I’m not surprised as much as I can’t fathom ppl getting in a line like that. It seems so absurd to me to wait that long for pretty much anything.

It’s not that it’s not realistic. I’m not surprised as much as I can’t fathom ppl getting in a line like that. It seems so absurd to me to wait that long for pretty much anything.
Yeah. Im assuming is their last day, once in a lifetime trip, super huge Mickey fans, only here for this attraction, has to ride it opening day... so many sorts of people

That blows my mind that it got up to 5 hours. That means that ppl saw it at 4 hours & decided that wasn’t too bad & got in line!

There was a report earlier in this thread from someone who got in line while it was posted at 300 minutes and they waited something like 100 minutes.

Longest actual standby wait captured by a Lines app user today was 115 minutes.

It’s a people eater, and I’d bet they only handed out something like half the Fastpasses for it that they will once they’re more confident in its hourly capacity, which helps clear the standby line.

There was a report earlier in this thread from someone who got in line while it was posted at 300 minutes and they waited something like 100 minutes.
Here it is:

We rope dropped this morning. Line when we got into it at 7:15 was by coffee shop, in front of the fountain. We were off of the ride at about 8:40. Seemed like it moved very quickly. We were moving pretty much the whole time we were in line.
When we could see it, it said 300 mins

Do not underestimate the importance people place on being one of the first people able to run to their favorite social media outlet(s) to proclaim they were one of the first people to do something. Riding on the official first day is worth the time for a good number of people who even a week later would not because then it would be "old news". 😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter