Mickey’s Very Merry

TJ Bryant

Earning My Ears
Anyone else going to the Christmas party on November 22? I’ll be there with my family. This will be my first time at the very merry party. Any tips for a first timer?

Make sure you are there at 4. If you haven’t already you can book fastpasses between 4 and 6 pm. Look at the list of character meet and greets and pick out your absolute musts if any, check their times.

If you are planning to stay until the end of the party, try to see the second parade instead of the first. No need to line up an hour before on Main street - for the second parade 30 minutes before is usually enough, and it's a more pleasant experience because a lot of people - especially those with small children - will have cleared out of the park by then. Try to see the parade from Main street, whichever one you see. It's much more magical (IMO) than seeing it over in Frontierland.

Be careful to not plan a cross of the hub between the castle lighting and the conclusion of the first parade. I got stuck in the mob there one year! I watch the castle lighting and then go into Tomorrowland and cross BEHIND the castle. That way you are not slowed seeing all the other attractions. And as others have said - 2nd parade and I personally prefer the last castle stage show (hardly anyone there). That being said SLEEP IN - it will be a late night and get a nap too if you can.

You don't mention where you are staying but if you are in a mob of people for bus transport at the end of the evening - grab a Minnie right there at the buses or walk to the Contemporary for an Uber.

hey, I'll be there!
This will be my first special event at a Disney park, and it'll be at the end of a week-long trip! I bought a ticket just because it seemed appropriate to finish out the trip with it!
I don't really have any expectations since this is my first trip to DW in like 30 years. Should I be looking for dinner reservations? Maybe I should get a dinner reservation at a resort somewhere close to MK before the party? I'm trying to fit in one more nice sit-down dinner...

The recommendation is to eat before the party if you can. You have limited party time. Don’t use it doing something that you can do any time. Yes, eating at one of the monorail resorts would be great. If you like one of the restaurants at the Contemporary, that would be ideal since you can walk over to MK.

I knew that I was doing MVMCP on my December trip from the start, so I planned to splurge and stay at the Contemporary. That way I can close down the party and walk home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter