Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Returns in 2022!!!

Considering this is the characters' first time back in three years, I have to assume that wait is only going to get worse! APs and people who are using a park ticket that day are going to be in MK in line well before the 4pm crowd is allowed through the gates.

Glad my kids are too afraid to watch this movie :rotfl2:
It was a fun meet & greet, but I'm happy to not have to wait in that line again.

You waited 2 hours or you were able to meet early? I hate to waste a good chunk on this. My kids are older and probably won't have patience to wait that long🙄😆
I had a look back I met them around 5:45pm, I was in line at around 4pm. I was a little late getting to the queue, there were about 20-30 people ahead of me.

Edit to add: This was on a sold out party night as well.

Last edited:
I had a look back I met them around 5:45pm, I was in line at around 4pm. I was a little late getting to the queue, there were about 20-30 people ahead of me.
Good to note that only people with party bands will be allowed to queue. At least that is how we found it to be the past few years.

Fair but....considering the standby waits that we have seen, and that Genie Plus likely won't be an option....that could be like 2 rides. Hopefully, I'm wrong.
You are wrong, the attendance on party days is very very low due to early closing hours…at 4 park will be a fraction of what you are expecting

Hey! So I'm the only Annual Passholder in my group. I would like to buy tickets for the entire group to get the discounted price. Does anyone know if they will check for everyones Annual Pass when entering the party? TIA
No

You are wrong, the attendance on party days is very very low due to early closing hours…at 4 park will be a fraction of what you are expecting

My memory is that this is true from the time before the MNSSHP folks can get in at 4pm. But, from 4-6pm, you have both party folks trying to start their visit and day ticket folks trying to get their last rides in. So, that specific window is still pretty bad.

You really won't have an issue. The day guests clear out by 6. You can get there at 4, do some attractions with lower wait times, have dinner before the party starts. The only rides with long waits during the party are Pirates due to the actors and Space Mountain because it is pitch black, but even then, the waits won't be as long as they are during the day.

I've been to MNSSHPs before, and in my experience, those periods from 4-7 are always much, MUCH more crowded than we expect it to be.

And that was in the "before" period, before the crazy crowds of 2022.

This will be our first time seeing the newer Halloween fireworks. So far they only ran in 2019. Can’t wait to see them!

I think what you meant to say to OP was "in my experience that's not accurate." I will say we've done the party MANY times and the vast majority of our experience is 4-7 with no fastpass is rough. Yes, earlier in the day is lighter crowds but 4-7 is not...at that time you have the regular day guest in addition to party-goers. To us it has always felt just as crowded and often times more crowded than your typical day that time of year. So while I wouldn't discredit someone elses experiences, but in using your words I would say "you are wrong."

I think what you meant to say to OP was "in my experience that's not accurate." I will say we've done the party MANY times and the vast majority of our experience is 4-7 with no fastpass is rough. Yes, earlier in the day is lighter crowds but 4-7 is not...at that time you have the regular day guest in addition to party-goers. To us it has always felt just as crowded and often times more crowded than your typical day that time of year. So while I wouldn't discredit someone elses experiences, but in using your words I would say "you are wrong."

In their defense, they were replying to a post of mine in which I said...."I could be wrong." So I think their "You are wrong" statement was more playing off my words than being blatantly mean.

I've been to MNSSHPs before, and in my experience, those periods from 4-7 are always much, MUCH more crowded than we expect it to be.

And that was in the "before" period, before the crazy crowds of 2022.
Not my experience. But like everything else disney - you can find people/experiences at both ends of the spectrum.

And there you go.

TBH I think this will work for us! We're flying in Thurs, Fri at MK which is a party day will give us a good excuse to use jet lag to our advantage, rope drop and then leave at 4!

If we only have party tickets, can we still purchase Genie+ to use from 4-7 p.m.? I understand it won't work after 7 p.m., but wasn't sure if (with only party tickets) we can still buy it for those hours. In my experience, I've also seen extremely low crowds/waits on party days prior to party guests being allowed in - but a fairly quick increase at that time... this is the first time we are doing the party on one of these days... we've always done a regular park day (with almost no waiting - SM, BTM both walk ons - we use to fast pass 😭or rope drop SDMT because it always has a nutty wait) and left when crowds go up.

I can always find something to do with low waits if it is just me or me and dh... but with 4 kids in tow this time, I know they will want to ride rides - not too interested in crazy waits from 4-7 p.m.

Last edited:
If we only have party tickets, can we still purchase Genie+ to use from 4-7 p.m.? I understand it won't work after 7 p.m., but wasn't sure if (with only party tickets) we can still buy it for those hours. In my experience, I've also seen extremely low crowds/waits on party days prior to party guests being allowed in - but a fairly quick increase at that time... this is the first time we are doing the party on one of these days... we've always done a regular park day (with almost no waiting - SM, BTM both walk ons - we use to fast pass 😭or rope drop SDMT because it always has a nutty wait) and left when crowds go up.

I can always find something to do with low waits if it is just me or me and dh... but with 4 kids in tow this time, I know they will want to ride rides - not too interested in crazy waits from 4-7 p.m.

No one knows yet, as this is the first party running since G+ debuted. However, I'm SURE there will be reports after the first couple of nights as to whether this works. There's always someone who's going to test the system every which way they possibly can.

Does anyone know, do they still do Enchanment fireworks on party nights, or is it just the Halloween fireworks later on during the party?

That’s a good question about buying Genie+ on a hard ticket.

Yeah, Enchantment fireworks will only be on non-party nights once MNSSHP starts. Last year there weren’t special fireworks for Boo Bash, they just held HEA fireworks during the overlap of day/party guests (same with Enchantment after it started for the 50th).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter