Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party-MNSSHP Watch-updated Boo Bash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castlequeen5

DIS Veteran
Anybody else anxiously awaiting an announcement about whether Disney will have the Halloween parties this year? We’ve already scheduled a stay in October with hopes that the parties will take place. Obviously, I know right now everything is questionable. But I’m a pretty positive person and like to stay hopeful! Ha!

Are you planning to go to Disney if MNSSHP is offered? When are you hoping to go to a party...August? September? October? Assuming they have the normal schedule and offerings, what are you the most excited about? Do you plan to dress up? Would you go to Disney at Halloween time, even if there were no parties? Do you have any other ideas on how to celebrate Halloween without MNSSHP, while at Disney?

We are going to be there for the 31st so praying it will happen but not having the part doesn’t affect our trip, not having food and wine would. We will probably dress up. We’ve been pirates in the past so likely would do the same.

Our young people will be at MK for the 31st but the rest of us will probably at EPCOT or the resort. I'm doubtful the party will be on, but we've all done it so it's not the end of the world. 7-8 people is just too many to wrangle at a busy park.

On the bright side, the park won't close early and you won't have to buy a party ticket!

We will also be there on the 31st. If there are no parties, it would be great if MK stayed open later at least. Did they stay open late on Halloween last year? It probably doesn’t really matter what happened last year given the circumstances. But i imagine it would increase the chances, if they did last Halloween.

I don't believe it was open late last year, they relaxed the costume policies is the only thing that was done. was really hoping they would do something this year, will also be there on the 31

Last edited:
I don't believe it was open late last year, they relaxed the costume policies is the only thing that was done. was really hoping they would do something this year, will also be there on the 31
Too bad. Obviously I’m hoping for a party. But I’ll be happy with a late night and costumes I guess! Ha!

If masks/distancing are still in place and fireworks/parades etc. are not back I really hope they DON'T. I love the parties, but I don't want Disney to get the idea that we'll pay the same hard ticket prices for a diminished party experience, and then charge even more for a regular party once things are back to normal.

If masks/distancing are still in place and fireworks/parades etc. are not back I really hope they DON'T. I love the parties, but I don't want Disney to get the idea that we'll pay the same hard ticket prices for a diminished party experience, and then charge even more for a regular party once things are back to normal.
I agree! I want the regular lineup at the parties. If they took out the shows and parades, I’d be very disappointed. My favorite part is the Hocus Pocus show!

Who thinks they will bring it back? If you allow people to enter the park on a reservation system, couldn't they do the same for the party?That party is so fun!!

Who thinks they will bring it back? If you allow people to enter the park on a reservation system, couldn't they do the same for the party?That party is so fun!!
I think we got a good shot. You pretty much are on a reservation system since you have to buy a ticket for the party. I’ve read on other sites, where they were explaining why Disney probably will. I’m just hoping for some kind of announcement any day!

It's pretty simple for me - Halloween Party or wait until next year.

We have a week long stay at Universal in October for HHNs. We have a park reservation/tickets at Disney set up. If there's a MNSSHP I'll add party tickets, a Disney hotel, etc. If there's no MNSSHP I'll cancel the tickets and park reservations.

It's pretty simple for me - Halloween Party or wait until next year.

We have a week long stay at Universal in October for HHNs. We have a park reservation/tickets at Disney set up. If there's a MNSSHP I'll add party tickets, a Disney hotel, etc. If there's no MNSSHP I'll cancel the tickets and park reservations.

I'm doing the exact same thing, but without the HHN part.

I also believe with Universal doing HHN, it puts the pressure on WDW to make the MNSSHP happen.

My only concern is that, if they are going to have a party, I'd like the announcement to be WELL in advance of the dates. I'd be concerned about having reserved MK for a day that turns out to have an early closing because of a party, and then not being able to rearrange our schedule for our trip.

I'm doing the exact same thing, but without the HHN part.
I won't be attending the actual HHN (too many jump scares for me) but going during the day will give me a little bit of Halloween magic. Hopefully, Disney gives me a choice.

My only concern is that, if they are going to have a party, I'd like the announcement to be WELL in advance of the dates. I'd be concerned about having reserved MK for a day that turns out to have an early closing because of a party, and then not being able to rearrange our schedule for our trip.
I didn’t think about that. I have reservations too, so I’d definitely want some time to rearrange my parks if MK was closing early. I know right now the hardest park to get is HS. But if the parties do come back, I imagine everyone will want reservations at MK on non party days. So those days may fill up fast.

My sister in law and I bought some really cute princess dresses for our girls and some “princess security” shirts for our boys. We’re holding onto them in HOPES that MNSSHP will be announced. I feel like with the return of DCP and all restrictions being allowed to be lifted come July 1 it’s a possibility. I also think Disney would be CRAZY if there was no parade or fireworks in time for the 50th so in my opinion, it’s plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter