Michele & Milton's Trip Report - Part 2

shoes99

DIS Veteran
Day 4, May 20, 2005 Friday
Another morning of chocolate croissants for me, and eggs for DH. The dining room was very busy. I went into DL myself. I went on Dumbo, the Carousel, Big Thunder Mountain and made special trip to the bottom of the castle to see the dragon. My digital camera shots came out great. I roamed around fantasyland, took the train around the park, took more pictures, then went back to the hotel to pick up DH. When you have been married as long as we have, you learn to compromise. DH wanted to check email and the business center at NYH was closed, so we walked over to Newport to use their center. We purchased a card, and DH checked his email and Ebay. DH wanted to explore the Disneyland Hotel and take more video. We went into the lounge upstairs outside California Grill and ordered a sandwich. It was very relaxing to just chill for a while. DH bought more pins from the shops. We didn’t trade very much. We did meet Frank from the DLP pin trading team when he was displaying the PT board. We chatted with Frank for a while, he was happy to meet pin traders from the US. I told him I only collected Chip & Dale. The next day when we saw Frank again, he had some DLP C&D pins for trade. We also like the concept of trading LE pins off the boards. We had fun with that.
We didn’t go on many rides today, DH likes utopia, so we waited 20 minutes in line, we also enjoyed Small World. We loved just walking around and observing the architecture. We went to the Studios. The tram tour was closed. We saw the stunts show, and Armageddon. Dinner was at the Rainforest Café and I got my 10% member discount.
DH felt prey to the vendors outside the train station and had a character done.

Day 5, May 21, 2005
Today was check out day, so we at breakfast, (more chocolate croissants for me) and then decided to use the Disneyland Express to send our bags over to the Eurostar train station. We had to pay the $4E per bag, but it was worth not carrying our cruise luggage. We stored our carry-on with guest services, then went back to Disneyland. The park was crowded today. We saw Patrick from the pin trading team today and he had a pin trading board. We traded more LE pins. We also saw Frank with his pin trading board. It was unusual that two DLPT team members were out at the same time, but we were happy. Today I was looking for C&D merchandise, and I found a C&D sleep shirt that fit me, made me happy. We watched the Princess parade. Very nice. We had to check in at Eurostar at 5:45PM, so we left DL and walked to the Hotel NY to pick up our carry-on and proceed to the train station. There was a long line at check in, but it moved quickly. We couldn’t find a luggage cart, so we dragged all our suitcases to the train. We had purchased first class tickets. We were in car 12, and there were only two other families in the car with us, so we moved to a seat with a table. We were served beverages, and I had a glass of wine. Dinner was good, baked chicken with potatoes and veg. Dessert was a cookie, and a DL princess chocolate pop. DH loved the concept of going in the chunnel, but was a little disappointed that it was only 20 minutes in a dark tunnel. I don’t know what he expected to see?
Overall Rating: A+
We loved Disneyland Paris, it was so much fun to meet Dis pin traders, the DLPT team members, and the staff at Hotel New York. We had no bad experiences. The only negative was the exchange rate and the poor value of the US dollar. We saw no Americans in the 4 days that we were at DLP, but we did meet lots of families from Britain and Germany. When I tell people that we went to France and did not get into the city of Paris, they think we are crazy, (We were in Paris in 1978), but this was a pre-cruise trip for us, and we were going to spend lots of US $$$ on our 10 day cruise… Maybe next time.

Glad your trip was a good one. Had a sort of chocolate croissant theme running through. You both seem very comfortable together - it shows in your writing! Thats really nice - lucky you!

Glad to hear you had such a good time. I'd love to see some of those pictures you took if you get a chance. ::MinnieMo

MinnieYC said:
Glad to hear you had such a good time. I'd love to see some of those pictures you took if you get a chance. ::MinnieMo
That goes for me too!!! :sunny:

Glad you had an A+ time!!! :) And thanks for doing a report. BTW how did you like the Hotel New York?

Bexx said:
Glad you had an A+ time!!! :) And thanks for doing a report. BTW how did you like the Hotel New York?[/QUOTE
We enjoyed the Hotel New York. We are from the New York area, so it was fun to see buildings copied from the real "NYC". It is perfect for adults. We could walk to the parks very easily. Our room was far from the lobby, and DH gets tired easily, but a few times I just let him wait by the patio door of our first floor room, while I ran around to the lobby and down the long corridor to let him in. Mousekeeping was good, we just had two double beds, no refrigerator. Continental breakfast was included in the price of the room. Hot foods were additional. They had an indoor pool and health club, but we didn't use it. We spent 4 days and 3 nights, and probably could have used more time to go into Paris. The Eurostar station is right in Disney Village, so that was also very convenient.

Lovely trip. As others have said would be happy to see photos :)

Reid

Great trip Michelle. Thank you very much for sharing it with us!

Not to copy the othes, but I would also love to see your photos!

Since no one can view the album, I will delete it from this message. Until I figure it out, you can PM me with your email and I will send you access to the album.
Michele

Cyrano said:
I get to log on page asking for details and password

Reid

Snapfish is a free site, but I don't know if you have to join before you view my album. I have posted albums before on DIS.

Great report, thanks! Your child-free trip sounds really relaxing and enjoyable. I am thinking of trying Walt's next time... it was good to hear you enjoyed the food. Some others have reported disappointment...
I hope you enjoyed your cruise! I'm going on my first ever cruise next month and I'm almost as excited as I get for a Disney trip! Disney PLUS cruise! Heaven!
:flower: :) :flower: :) :flower: :) :flower:

shoes99 said:
Snapfish is a free site, but I don't know if you have to join before you view my album. I have posted albums before on DIS.

I must be doing something wrong :(

I've joined and registered but it won't let me look - just takes me to a demo album.

I took out the link. If you pm me your email address, I can send you the album from snapfish.
Michele

Michele thanks for sending link for sharing photographs, and not a chocolate croissant in sight :teeth:

Reid

Michele, thank you for sharing your trip report with us. It was very enjoyable.:sunny:

Hope your cruise is as good as your DLP holiday. I, for one, would love to hear all about it, I am sure the others would too!

Michele's pictures are wonderful. I especially love Chip & Dale at the HNY :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter