Michele & Milton's Trip Report-Part 1

shoes99

DIS Veteran
Day 1 May 17, 2005 Travel Day Tuesday
Departed Newark NJ airport at 6:40PM on a Continental flight direct to CDG Paris France. We were in row 44 and had a good smooth flight.
Day 2 May 18, 2005 WednesdayArrived at CDG around 7:30AM. We got our bags very quickly and went through immigration and customs. We got to the bus stop at 8:10AM, and found that the first bus picks up at 8:50AM. We waited on the curb with another family that had flown in for the weekend. DLP is out in the country and we didn’t arrive until 10:30AM. We checked into the Hotel New York and our room was not ready. I asked for the next available room, since we were tired. We went to the breakfast buffet, Milton paid an extra 4 Euro for eggs, but I just stuffed myself with chocolate croissants. We also had a choice of coffee, tea, milk, juice, fruit, yogurt and lots of French pastries. As we were walking back from breakfast, the deck CM called us over to say that he had a room for us. We had arranged to meet with DIS friend Liesbeth, who works at DLP. We called Liesbeth at home, and she came to the Hotel New York to trade pins and visit with us. Milton traded for a while, then we went shopping at Downtown Disney, then to Disneyland (they don’t call it the Magic Kingdom).. We did a little more shopping, took some pictures with Liesbeth before she had to leave. We really appreciated her coming all the way to the park to meet with us. What a lovely girl. After Liesbeth left, we went on Phantom Manor. The house looked just like the old seaside mansions in Long Branch, NJ. It was lovely. I enjoyed the ride. We also went on Pirates, the Carousel, and walked around looking at the gardens and the beautiful architecture. We were getting tired so we went to the Rainforest Café for dinner, then went back to the Hotel New York. Another DIS pin friends from the boards, Marie and her husband Pete were getting in at 10PM from London, so we rang their room and the came over and visited with us and traded pins with Milton. They were exhausted from the trip, but they went out of their way to meet us. We were thrilled and lots of pins were traded. We were happy that we got to meet Marie and Pete.
Day 3, May 19, 2005 ThursdayThis was our first full day at Disneyland. We had a character breakfast reservation at Walt’s for 9:30AM, so we got to go in with the early entry crowd. The park didn’t open until 10:00AM. We walked through the castle, and found a CM to trade pins. We got some DLP lanyard series pins. We then went back to Walt’s and got in line. We were seated quickly, and I asked for a table by the window so I could look out at Main Street. I am loving the architecture. We met several characters, including my favorites, Chip & Dale, but not Mickey or Minnie. We enjoyed Walt’s and the food was good. After breakfast we went to get in line at 11AM to get tickets for Lion King. We got the 2:30 show. The 2:30PM show was packed, but we were able to get into the VIP section. We loved the show. We then went on Star Tours, Autotopia, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, the Carousel, Alice’s Labyrinth, Peter Pan and the train. I was afraid to try Space Mountain. The park was crowded, but we didn’t wait that long in the lines. We ate dinner at the Steak House at the Disney Village. The village was very busy, especially when there was a live band on stage. We had ice cream from McDonalds, then walked back to the Hotel New York. It got quite cold at night, and you needed a jacket. We watch people going up in the hot air balloon. It seemed a little windy and cold. We went back to the hotel, and tried to get some sleep.
To Be Continued:

Great beginning shoes99! So, er, you didnt do much pin trading then!!! ;) A girl after my own heart eating all those wonderful pain au choklit - who needs boiled eggs and low calories!!!
Am looking forward to next installment.

What a great start to your Trip Report :)

I do feel sorry for you guys with the jet lag. It's much tougher I think flying from US to Europe than the other way round - at least the hard bit for us is on the way home, not the way there!

Off to read the next part. Were you pleased with the pins you traded?

Reading these in the wrong order, but enjoying them all the same :goodvibes

Reid

Lovely trip report. How nice to meet up with your Dis friends.

Now I'm off to read part 2!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter