• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mice Chat Reporting Disneyland Hard Ticket Christmas Parties

So now the strategy part -- which weekend do I pick to bring my daughter? November 11 (Thursday) is Veteran's Day, and historically, parks have been packed on the associated weekend, so I'm probably not picking that.

I need to go stare at some AP blackout and airfare calendars and whatnot.

Also, Sunday November 14 is Dapper Day this year.

Maybe my memory is hazy (after all this will be the first Xmas season at Disneyland in 2 years) but didn’t they usually start Christmas right after Halloween? Either way I’m so excited to experience my favorite season at my favorite place once again. I’ll be back on Nov 16th. Can’t wait to see the parade and fireworks especially. Too bad there’s no WoC season of light.

Maybe my memory is hazy (after all this will be the first Xmas season at Disneyland in 2 years) but didn’t they usually start Christmas right after Halloween? Either way I’m so excited to experience my favorite season at my favorite place once again. I’ll be back on Nov 16th. Can’t wait to see the parade and fireworks especially. Too bad there’s no WoC season of light.
Usually on Halloween you would see snow on the castle

This is very exciting news with all the Christmas decorations and parade! Does anybody know if Fantasmic is returning? I'm very sad about WOC, we were able to see it along with all the Christmas decorations 4 yrs ago and are going this November again with a couple of newbies. Still looking forward to getting back to my "Happy Place"

Also, Sunday November 14 is Dapper Day this year.

Between Veteran's Day weekend historical data + Dapper Day, that weekend is a 100% avoid for me. I'm looking at December 3-6 as the optimal weekend, I've been during that in between time (Thanksgiving to Christmas Break) and it's usually decent (TP data backs me up here). Plus, all the APs are blacked out on that Saturday, December 4 except for top tier... so that's a bonus

Usually on Halloween you would see snow on the castle

IIRC the Christmas decorations start to creep in after Halloween very slowly, but the official start has always been a week/week and a half after Halloween (usually the 2nd Friday -- that was the case this year). I don't remember when they installed the tree, though.

Not RIGHT after but there have been some years where the first official day was like the 7th or 8th.

decor starts going up before Halloween even ends, though

Okay so I've been thinking about this more. Say there is still an announcement coming about a hard ticketed after hours party. Since they just announced all the standard returning favorites that are not tied to a party, that would mean all new experiences for a party? Or do we think the hard ticket party is off the table for sure?

Okay so I've been thinking about this more. Say there is still an announcement coming about a hard ticketed after hours party. Since they just announced all the standard returning favorites that are not tied to a party, that would mean all new experiences for a party? Or do we think the hard ticket party is off the table for sure?
I suppose my guess is as good as anyone's, but I think it's off the table. This is not even remotely the first time Mice Chat has been wrong.

My gut says they would have announced it all together, but I could also be wrong.

I really wonder, though, how close a paid event at DLR was to fruition. Part of me thinks it was close, but perhaps they did not have the necessary staff coming together at the right time, so it was scuttled last minute.

That would partially explain why there was an approximately 1.25 month delay between WDW's holiday announcement and DLR's, with no material changes from the previous years' announcements. It's like they held back the holiday announcement, tried to get it together, decided it wasn't happening, and then just released the standard announcement. Pure speculation, on my end, though.

My gut says they would have announced it all together, but I could also be wrong.

I really wonder, though, how close a paid event at DLR was to fruition. Part of me thinks it was close, but perhaps they did not have the necessary staff coming together at the right time, so it was scuttled last minute.

That would partially explain why there was an approximately 1.25 month delay between WDW's holiday announcement and DLR's, with no material changes from the previous years' announcements. It's like they held back the holiday announcement, tried to get it together, decided it wasn't happening, and then just released the standard announcement. Pure speculation, on my end, though.

I think you are right that it would have been announced together. Maybe they decided to wait a year instead of having another PR mess, like they created with the Genie+ LightningCash fiasco.

Last edited:
Listen, I love Christmas time at the parks as much as the next person, but we are all talking around the important part of all of this.

When is the electrical parade?

Can I throw out a guess?

March 2022, but I feel that it is on standby/waiting in the wings in the event of a sub$tantial drop in attendance this coming autumn.

MSEP is like the Vietnamese iced coffee of parades.

I think they would have at least hinted at it with today’s announcement if it was happening, so my vote is for off the table for this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter