• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Miami- transportation

JecHec

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
We have been cruising on the Dream for a few years now. Always leaving from Orlando to Cape Canaveral. For this we always ground transportation where our luggage would " appear" at our stateroom. This year we are leaving from Miami and I get a sense it is not like that here. Has anyone done this? What is the procedure if not?

In any port or any cruise, you can always leave your luggage at some point for it to be taken onboard and brought to your stateroom. The moment when this happens depends on how you are getting to port. If using a DCL shuttle, like from MCO or WDW to PC, or a DCL-partner hotel in Miami, you last see them when getting on the bus. If you are getting to the port on your on, you leave them with one of the many porters at the curb, before getting into the terminal.

I see. last time we traveled was in 2020 and we left the luggage at the airport not to be seen again until the stateroom. So this would mean we need to take out luggage from the baggage claim?

I see. last time we traveled was in 2020 and we left the luggage at the airport not to be seen again until the stateroom. So this would mean we need to take out luggage from the baggage claim?
Yes, that is the new procedure that has been reported.

That was only in PC, and not offered at Miami airport. In PC, the service has been discontinued during the shutdown.

Disney does offer transfers in Miami, but they do not collect luggage from the carousel. You need to collect your luggage and there will be a greeter in the bag claim area. Your luggage will either be placed on the bus you are using, or collected and sent on a separate truck. We have experienced both. In the first situation, there were porters to take luggage as we got off the bus. In the second, we did not see our bags until they showed up outside our door.

However, this was a number of years ago, and things may have changed. Plus you would want to consider the transfer costs compared to a flat-rate taxi or ride share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter