Miami Port to Ft Lauderdale Airport on debarkation?

Cmbar

DIS Veteran
Hi All. Southwest changed our flight times to 11:50am on our flight out of FLL. It was 12:30 which I felt pretty confident doing.

Do you think we can make a 11:50 am flight if we debark at Miami port? This will be a Weds morning so I am worried about traffic in the morning. We could switch to a 2:50 flight for around the same price. I don't want to wait around the airport all day so I would rather do the earlier flight. I just don't want to put us all in panic mode. how early can we get off the ship in Miami. We are on the Magic.

Also if anyone has suggestions on the best and fastest way to get a group of 8 from miami to FLL on that day I would love some opinions.

We have used Port Of Miami shuttles twice (round trip) and have been very pleased. They were on time and affordable. I can't remember what time we flew out but I believe for Miami the recommended time is earlier then Port Canaveral since the airport is closer. I would recommend calling Disney and asking.

Hi All. Southwest changed our flight times to 11:50am on our flight out of FLL. It was 12:30 which I felt pretty confident doing.

Do you think we can make a 11:50 am flight if we debark at Miami port? This will be a Weds morning so I am worried about traffic in the morning. We could switch to a 2:50 flight for around the same price. I don't want to wait around the airport all day so I would rather do the earlier flight. I just don't want to put us all in panic mode. how early can we get off the ship in Miami. We are on the Magic.

Also if anyone has suggestions on the best and fastest way to get a group of 8 from miami to FLL on that day I would love some opinions.
Yes. We debarked at Miami from the Magic after a leisurely late-seating breakfast, were picked up late by the shuttle bus, and still were at the Fort Lauderdale airport around 10am.

Yes. We debarked at Miami from the Magic after a leisurely late-seating breakfast, were picked up late by the shuttle bus, and still were at the Fort Lauderdale airport around 10am.
Thank you! Was that a weekday by chance??

Under typical traffic conditions, it's between 30 and 45 minutes between the port of Miami and Fort Lauderdale airport. Depending on the date, you may need significant time to drop your bags and get through security. (It depends a bit on how many ships are sailing in/out of Port Everglades- it should be much less on a Wednesday, unless you're talking about a holiday weekend- the week after Thanksgiving can be a little unpredictable). It'a a pretty short walk from security to the gates (Southwest is in the process of expanding its gates in Ft. Lauderdale.)

Potentially the biggest holdup is clearing customs/immigration at the Port of Miami- sometimes the line is very slow.

We may be on the very same cruise as the OP. We're looking at an 11:50 a.m. flight out of FLL on the Wednesday after MLK weekend. Can we realistically make the 11:50 flight out of FLL?

And any recommendations on transportation from the POM to FLL? TIA!

We may be on the very same cruise as the OP. We're looking at an 11:50 a.m. flight out of FLL on the Wednesday after MLK weekend. Can we realistically make the 11:50 flight out of FLL?

And any recommendations on transportation from the POM to FLL? TIA!
I ended up switching our flight for all of us. I have elderly parents and we didn't want them to be stressed. Luckily with SWA there was no cost change for us. Now I have to figure out transfers from POM and see what's the latest we can get off the ship. Lol

I have used Jiffy Jeff Transportation from the Port of Miami to the FLL airport. Very efficient and reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter