MGM crowds on early entry days

Toots

Mouseketeer
How bad are the crowds on early entry day @ the Studios?
We're going in early May but plan to be there in the afternoon and to see Fantasmic.:sunny:

We were there on a EE day mid-June last year. By the time they did the rope drop the crowd fulled the area between the turnstiles and the first intersection of the "city" section. We were mid-pack, but were able to get on RnRC and TT with minimal waiting. We didn't stay in the park all day and didn't stay for Fantasmic. Given that you're going in early May, my guess is the park crowds will be realtively light.

We have been going to WDW for years now. We always do EE at MGM and can get alot done the first couple of hours. However, I will tell you we almost are always out of there by 11 or 12 as the crowds get really big by that time. Just so you know we go late May after Memorial Day and around the first week of June. We also have been several times in mid March and it has always been the same as far as the crowds go. We always try and do Fantasmic on a non EE day.

Thanks for the tips. Tomorrow, I will try to switch our PS to Friday. I wish we were the early entry type, but since we're not I quess there is no need to fight the crowds.;)

We did EE at MGM the first week of June last year. We got there right at 8:00 and headed straight for ToT-- already a 20 minute wait, 3 minutes after opening! Afterword, we went to RnRC and the wait was well over 30 minutes already (don't remember excatly but it was more like 40-45 minutes) so we Fastpassed it. Did Star Tours and Muppetvision with no wait, then returned to RnRC to use our FP's. At about 11, the crowd became unbearably large. We hopped over to Epcot and ahd a much better time there. The next day, we went to MGM in the morning again. What a difference! The crowds weren't bad at all.

Personally, instead of EE I like to use the "morning after EE day" strategy...it seemed to work for us. The only exception is AK-- we do EE there to hit the highlights and then hop to another park to finish out the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter