MF and non-DVC members

IndianaMouseLover

Mouseketeer
Just returned from our lovely July 1-10 SSR trip. We absolutely loved SSR. :love: I was in heaven. :cloud9: This was our first trip home.:cool1:

I had a question on my mind that I just couldn't wait to ask. Please don't burn me at the stake on this one. There were obviously many many families there that are not DVCer's staying at SSR while we were there which I am fine with. There were are few cases (not many) that individuals were not.........:rolleyes1 .......respectful to the property. :mad: This kind of upset me as one that likes to take pride in things. Well any ways.....When we pay our MF each year are they going to pay for the damage that non-DVC visitors make? Is Disney setting aside some of the money they take in for general reservations for MF? Or are we carrying the burden of non-DVC members?:confused3

I don't have an answer to your question, but I am curious... how did you know that they were not DVC members? How was it obvious?

No clear answer from me either but I wouldn't think Disney divied up room rates that way. I would suspect they might have an overall yearly budget for maintenance that our dues contribute to. I sure they expect they occasional guest dvc and general public who are a little rougher on the rooms than most. Unless a guest totally trashes an area, which in that case they have their handy-dandy credit card # LOL

Just returned from our lovely July 1-10 SSR trip. We absolutely loved SSR. :love: I was in heaven. :cloud9: This was our first trip home.:cool1:

I had a question on my mind that I just couldn't wait to ask. Please don't burn me at the stake on this one. There were obviously many many families there that are not DVCer's staying at SSR while we were there which I am fine with. There were are few cases (not many) that individuals were not.........:rolleyes1 .......respectful to the property. :mad: This kind of upset me as one that likes to take pride in things. Well any ways.....When we pay our MF each year are they going to pay for the damage that non-DVC visitors make? Is Disney setting aside some of the money they take in for general reservations for MF? Or are we carrying the burden of non-DVC members?:confused3

Congratulations on a great first trip home.

I realize some folks show more pride of ownership than others but how was it obvious these folks were not owners?:confused3

Unless a specific item was broken by a known guest, the repairs bill gets paid out of the maintenance fees. Disney pays the same MF's we pay on thier "cash" rooms they rent to non-DVC guests.

Unless a specific item was broken by a known guest, the repairs bill gets paid out of the maintenance fees. Disney pays the same MF's we pay on thier "cash" rooms they rent to non-DVC guests.

That is incorrect as far as I know. Disney DOES NOT pay the maintenance fees on their points, at least not directly. They have "residual responsibility" as I understand it.

...how did you know that they were not DVC members? How was it obvious?
It's pretty easy to tell who's who. Example: look carefully at the picture below which was taken in front of Akershus in Epcot's Norway. You might be able to spot which one of the two people is the DVC member and which is the renter/cash guest.

hunchback.jpg

NOTE: though not always required, the chain restraints shown above are a good idea when in close proximity to non-members

It's pretty easy to tell who's who. Example: look carefully at the picture below which was taken in front of Akershus in Epcot's Norway. You might be able to spot which one of the two people is the DVC member and which is the renter/cash guest.

lonchaneyhunchback.jpg

NOTE: though not always required, the chain restraints shown above are a good idea when in close proximity to non-members

I can't see the picture, darn it! I really wanted a good laugh too. :sad1:

If they were damaging property that is vadalism and members or not, I would have reported it.

That is incorrect as far as I know. Disney DOES NOT pay the maintenance fees on their points, at least not directly. They have "residual responsibility" as I understand it.

I thought I was told during our tour that Disney pays MFs on the points they own.

I thought I was told during our tour that Disney pays MFs on the points they own.

It may be a matter of semantics as well as what they want you to believe. I think that if you read the fine print, Disney actually covers the residual after the "outside members" have paid their dues (and thus guarantees that they wont' come back to owners for more later because something got misestimated). Does Disney help pick up the costs? Yes. Do they actually pay maintenance fees on their points? I don't think so from what I have read in each year's disclosures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter