Mexico, yes or no?

Our last trip we drove into Tijuana and didn't really care for the overall experience.....it was very simple driving in and then once we were in and looked around briefly we decided we wanted out.....that is a much longer process and we sat in a line for 2-3 hours and bought various random items while sitting as people were comming up to our vehicle from every direction with ceramic turtles, beads, gum, carpets etc.etc.etc... I had been to TJ before but it isn't really a place I would take my two young kids to again. If I was on my own that is different but having them with me changed the dynamics to a point where I was no longer comfortable. I am a bit of a risk taker by nature but this is actually not worth it in my opinion. Should have listened to the girl where we were staying in Chula Vista as she was from TJ and still had family there and she said even she no longer feels safe going there:eek: It was actually a bit of a sad experience. Not sure what needs to be done down there.....

I was in San Diego for a week last summer and took the day trip across to Tijuana (Greyline Coaches I think - was the one that was included in the San Diego Go Pass thing) I felt completely safe once we were on our way - it was notable that there was only one family from the US on the tour (the rest of us were Brits and Australians) - and the bus driver advised us of where not to go (and where to shop). The bus stopped twice, once at the bull ring (about 20 minutes) and once on the main street for tacky souveniers / tequila purchasing and pictures with the zonkeys (about 2 hours).

As far as tacky souveniers go, you could probably do as well in Old Town San Diego, but then you would miss the haggling and the zonkeys :rotfl2:

I enjoyed it and didn't feel uneasy at all. I did leave my credit cards in the hotel room safe and only took cash - I guess I thought I was more likely to be pick pocketed / ripped off than anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter