• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Metlife Dental Questions

dfchelbay

DIS Veteran
Anyone know what the rules are for adult children on Metlife Dental? I know kids can stay on dental policies until age 26, but do they have to live with you, in your house? Can they live on their own and still be covered? It doesn't really say anything on their website at all about it and when calling them they want all your info before they answer any questions about coverages. Not interested in being hounded by a sales person later in order to have a question answered.

Anyone know the rules? Thanks

I have double dental coverage one from my work, one from my husbands and it all depends on the employers plan. my work allows up to 26 no matter what just like the federal law about healthcare. my husbands work does not allow kids on dental plan unless 22 and under and in college. My husbands work does allow the 26 and under on health insurance as required by law. I would check with your employer.

I have a 25 year old and he is only on my husband's medical. My 20yr (she is in college) is on all three medical/vision/dental. We have Anthem BC/BS for medical and Metlife for dental. It really depends on the employer as to what they will cover after the required 26 year old medical. Good luck in navigating this whole medical/vision/dental forest, it can get tricky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter