Metal Tray "Environmentally Friendly Initiative" @ All-Star Music And All-Star Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people pack light. I wear a small crossbody (we do stay on-site) but on our last few visits, I was astonished at how many people seem to be practically bringing luggage into the parks. I saw far more people with ginormous backpacks than I saw people with small bags. Are they packing for long-term survival in the event of a siege on the parks. I even saw people with multiple bags going through security.

I think some of that comes from the "How to do Disney for the First Time" advice that a lot of people receive on sites like this. It can seem like you need to pack for a survival scenario: Sunscreen, ponchos, extra shoes, a change of clothes, autograph books, plastic bags, thank you notes to hand to kind CMs, glow bracelets, mickey ears, snacks, bubbles, stickers, pins, lanyards, filtered water bottles, you name it, someone will probably tell you it is a disney essential. For a newbie, it can seem like you must do all of it or your trip will be a bust.

You've seen the bags, right? They are not going to be folded up all nice and neat to fit in a small crossbody bag. I have similar reusable grocery bags at home and they are not pliable enough to fold.

I have not seen them or touched them in person. I can fold the ones I use for groceries small enough to fit in my park bag.

The shampoo dispensers' replacing of individual shampoos started at the values but then expanded to the moderates and then the deluxes.

They had the usual small individual bottles in BC in December. I don't think it's spread to the deluxes; not saying that it won't eventually but if it has started, it's not at all of them yet. We're at WL in a couple of weeks so I'll see if it's there.

Why not, though? I carry Ziplock bags and other things in my park bag every time I go. I have a container of park items that I pull from for every trip. It's simple to throw my Disney shopping bag in that container, as well.
Well, never say never. But I just feel like most of the bags that will be bought will be a "one and done" item. How many guest are just a "one and done" visitors?

I do not have a picture, but we were at All Star Music in Dec. They did have the metal trays everyone is discussing. They basically were an industrial 1/2 size cookie sheet with waxed paper on it. We had the phillycheesesteak sandwiches on it with fries and we ordered a pizza and they had bread sticks on it. Seemed like it was more for the finger food type items. Not sure about regular dinners since we didn't eat there then. Also some of our local restaurants are going to this same thing when serving finger foods or appetizers.

Well, never say never. But I just feel like most of the bags that will be bought will be a "one and done" item. How many guest are just a "one and done" visitors?

A lot.

And then there are those of us who only go every few years, so by that time I'll happily buy more reusable bags because I'll probably need by then. (I'm hard on bags)

These boards, where people go one or more times a year or every year, do not represent the norm. Most families either travel elsewhere, cannot afford or will not spend the money to go to Disney every year.

The shampoo dispensers' replacing of individual shampoos started at the values but then expanded to the moderates and then the deluxes.
Which Deluxe resorts have the dispensers?

I guess I’ll be eating my words when my escargot and glazed duck are served on wax paper! Time will tell!

I do not have a picture, but we were at All Star Music in Dec. They did have the metal trays everyone is discussing. They basically were an industrial 1/2 size cookie sheet with waxed paper on it. We had the phillycheesesteak sandwiches on it with fries and we ordered a pizza and they had bread sticks on it. Seemed like it was more for the finger food type items. Not sure about regular dinners since we didn't eat there then. Also some of our local restaurants are going to this same thing when serving finger foods or appetizers.

I mean, would my first choice be to eat off waxed paper on a metal sheet? No, probably not.

Is it going to have any affect on my enjoyment of food or my vacation? No, definitely not.

And I don't really care if it spreads to all quick service throughout the entire resort.
If California Grill starts serving me on a sheet pan, then my eyebrow may raise.

:)

4 Rivers BBQ (for reference)
3+Meat+Dinner+Plate.jpg

A lot.

And then there are those of us who only go every few years, so by that time I'll happily buy more reusable bags because I'll probably need by then. (I'm hard on bags)

These boards, where people go one or more times a year or every year, do not represent the norm. Most families either travel elsewhere, cannot afford or will not spend the money to go to Disney every year.
Right we aren't the norm. I imagine they will come out with new designs to lure us to purchase more bags. LoL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter