Met Any Celebs While Touring?

During my trip in October 2014, I (literally) bumped into broadway actress Jessie Mueller in one of the stores at the UK Pavilion in EPCOT. She had just won the TONY Award that June for her performance as Carole King in BEAUTIFUL. She was incredibly sweet and was kind enough to pose for a picture. I thought it was amusing that of all places I ran into her in WDW, and not at home in NYC!

Loved seeing her last year in Beautiful. Definitely the highlight of our NYC trip.

We saw Whoopi Goldberg in MK in the 90's. She had lots of security around her. Heading into space mountain.

Also got to see Andy Garcia putting his handprint into cement at MGM (when it was MGM lol) when it first opened. They had a parade for him, then he did the handprints in front of the Theater. Kind of cool.

New Kids on the Block, at MK and all around the Grand Floridian. It had to be July of 1988 because we had no clue who they were, but they became super famous later that year. My sister and I fell in love with them and have been kicking ourselves ever since.

New Kids on the Block, at MK and all around the Grand Floridian. It had to be July of 1988 because we had no clue who they were, but they became super famous later that year. My sister and I fell in love with them and have been kicking ourselves ever since.

Scottie Pippen on the Boardwalk. DW and I were dining outside at Big River Grill and he was playing arcade games with his following.....yes he was shooting hoops. Not sure if he won anything....:rolleyes1

In 2010 or 2011, I saw Tommy Lee (of Motley Crue) at Hollywood Studios. I also met Chris Kirkpatrick (NSYNC), again at Hollywood Studios.

A few years ago, DH pointed out one of the Red Wings players just outside Star Tours in HS. (He's a huge Red Wings fan.) DH didn't approach him bc he was with his kid and DH figured they deserve some uninterrupted family time together.

(We've seen several celebs in different places - Drew Barrymore, Jimmy Fallon,... - and never approached any of them.)

I saw Steve Yzerman at the Boardwalk in December 2004 (There was a lockout going on so no games to play). I was super excited because I am a huge Wings fan, but I would never go up to him while he was on vacation.

We saw Steven Tyler this past March. He was exiting 7DMT as we were about to walk into he corrals. Then after the ride my husband ended up seeing him in the men's room.

A long time ago (1997), Kevin Bacon and his wife Kyra Sedjwick at GF. We were walking behind them and one of their children but our DD19 was 18 months and walked right up to their child and tried to chat. Disappointingly Mr. Bacon ignored her and shuffled his child away.

Beyoncé in 2007 I believe...

Last edited:
Didn't actually meet or talk to, but saw Mario Lopez in the gift shop coming out of RockN Roller Coaster in 2011. Funny thing, I noticed two things about him -- he's quite short, I'm 5'2" so he's maybe 5'6", and he had really nice skin! His face was really pretty in person! I know that's a weird thing to notice about a guy, but that's what I remember.

Not at WDW per se but when we were flying back from a WDW trip in 2009 we were walking behind Rihanna and her entourage at the airport. Only celebrity I ever saw IRL.

I saw Steve Yzerman at the Boardwalk in December 2004 (There was a lockout going on so no games to play). I was super excited because I am a huge Wings fan, but I would never go up to him while he was on vacation.

We're from his hometown....not sure if I'd be able to stop myself from saying something about that to him. Good for you on respecting his privacy.

A few years ago we had reservations at GF Cafe for breakfast. Dh was taking his time and would not let us go ahead so when we got to the Cafe about 20 min. late they would not let us in. Turned out that Kevin Jonas was eating in there with his wife. The lobby was jammed with teenage girls (somehow the word had got out), well my dd was 15 at the time and no way were the cm's letting a teen girl in (if we had been on time we would have got in). Dd had been going to Jonas Bros concerts 2x a year for as long as they had concerts, even when they were the opening act for Hannah Montana. I don't think she has yet forgiven her dad for making us miss our dining reservations.

Last August my husband and kids literally ran into John O'Hurley shooting a commercial outside IASW, and then later that day I saw him in the lobby of the Yacht Club.

I've seen Sandra Bullock at Universal (Pat O'Briens and then also on the boat back to the Portofino) and sat back to back with Kenny Rogers at the Palm in the Hard Rock Hotel. The closest at Disney was during our honeymoon. They upgraded us to the Sonora suite at the BW. It was huge! 3 bathrooms! The concierge said it's Gary Sinese's favorite room. So we are now one degree from Kevin Bacon.

in summer of 08 i saw
-shaq in the emporium
-usher in harbor house, then at the boardwalk (on july 4)
-lots of celebrities at star wars weekends - my childhood crush was Jake Lloyd, when I saw him in person I was less than impressed. :lol:

We rode Soarin' with Molly Ringwold and her family about 5-7 yrs ago. She didn't make eye contact and pretended none of us existed..... but we would not have bothered her anyway. DH rode RnR with Joey Fatone 2-3 years ago. He was talkative and friendly.

I rode on the Safari 2 rows behind Jason Kidd in July 2008. It was right after the Celtics won the championship and I had my brand spanking new Celtics Championship shirt on. As we exited I got in front of him so he got a nice view of the shirt LOL

I also met Mickey Mouse once. I think it was in the Magic Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter