Met Any Celebs While Touring?

During my trip in October 2014, I (literally) bumped into broadway actress Jessie Mueller in one of the stores at the UK Pavilion in EPCOT. She had just won the TONY Award that June for her performance as Carole King in BEAUTIFUL. She was incredibly sweet and was kind enough to pose for a picture. I thought it was amusing that of all places I ran into her in WDW, and not at home in NYC!

Anyone have stories of meeting celebrities at Disney parks? I'm not talking a planned meet and greet or show or something...I mean you just happened to see a celebrity doing Disney like anyone else.

I'll start...we were at Epcot Monday 5/25 and randomly bumped into Garrett Clayton (Tanner from Teen Beach Movie) in the shops at the Morocco pavilion. I noticed him and was pretty sure it was him, but I had to consult my 8 yo daughter for confirmation. We asked him for a quick pic and he obliged...he was very nice and didn't seem at all bothered by our request.

Nice avatar

My wife met Tammy Faye Baker on the monorail in the early 90's and had her picture taken with her. Try to top that one! LOL

I've seen a few...Chris Jericho, Tony Little, John Stamos. I never bother celebs for pictures or autographs. They get to take a vacation too.

I love stories like that. Hey, cool, so-and-so is here... Leave them alone and let them enjoy some time with their family. Except Courtney Cox. Bug the crap out of her (after hearing that Peter Pan story). Ask her to autograph stuff, then throw it out in front of her.

816.jpg
How many times did you hear, "Ruuuuuudy, Ruuuuuudy!"

Terri, Bindi and Robert Irwin (the Crocodile Hunter's family) were at Discovery Cove the day I went. I didn't ask for a pic but I had my husband take a few pics of me with them in the background.

I saw Honey Boo Boo's clan at Magic Kingdom about 18 months ago. I would say it was right before their show got cancelled.

I love stories like that. Hey, cool, so-and-so is here... Leave them alone and let them enjoy some time with their family. Except Courtney Cox. Bug the crap out of her (after hearing that Peter Pan story). Ask her to autograph stuff, then throw it out in front of her.
I have met hundreds of celebrities in all types of situations and I always get the feeling they are thrilled to be noticed and approached. If they didn't then a disguise makes it very easy to not be recognized. A pair of sunglasses and a large hat is usually enough to do the trick.

A few years back we ate at Teppan Edo with Cooper Manning and his wife/girlfriend for dinner. Funny thing was, no one knew who he was. People only know Peyton, Eli and Archie. Although Cooper is the eldest of the Manning brothers. He could not have been nicer. It was funny ... A guy sitting at our table mentioned he "looked" like Peyton Manning. He just smiled and said he gets that all the time.

Met Ric Flair back in the day when they filmed some wrestling shows at then, MGM Studios

We saw Snoop Dog over the holidays at Magic a few times actually this last Christmas
5049078.jpg

Met Bill Murray around Thanksgiving at Wide World of Sports as he & his daughter were sitting in front of us for a Rhode Island basketball game
B91UmF-IMAEzPwh.jpg

December I believe it was, we saw Jenelle from 16 and pregnant/teen mom. Her and her mom lol.

Unfortunately that's the only "celeb" I've encountered.

Haha, we saw them there in October. :) I was behind them in line to meet Belle at Epcot when it was POURING out. I snuck a picture of Barbara. All Jenelle was doing was arguing with her boyfriend/husband/whatever he is and then he stormed off like a child. Real cute kids though!

I saw Stephen King dancing at Pleasure Island's old 80's club when I was a teen. I saw Kelly Ripa and her husband dining at California Grill. It was hard not to gawk!

My wife saw Ginnifer Goodwin leaving the Tiki Room.

Being the shy person she is, my wife didn't go up to her but did manage to snap a picture of the back of her head as she was walking away.

If you ever get a chance listen to the Nerdist podcast with Jennifer Morrison. She talks at length how the cast enjoys the parks and how Goodwin is a total Disney freak and a member of Club 33.

As for celeb encounters, we saw Mariah last August. Surface of the sun hot and rocking full length leather pants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter