Message Board community getting more open minded?

yeah, that last one went down hill. I can't imagine anyone deciding that protecting someone right to hate speech is more important than than saying that speech is wrong. I don't get that at all. And someone saying that it wasn't worth arguing over. ?? But they'll fight to the death their decision to not let anyone cut them in line, oh yeah, don't you DARE cut in line...but speaking up against hateful speech, no no, we must not argue about that. rolleyes.

What the hell is wrong with people?

Yes, I guess I was overly optimistic. The thread I was referring to when I started this one was much more positive.

I don't know. That's what I feel like the supreme court just did with that so called church that pickets soldiers' funerals :(
oh yeah, I totally agree with you. :(

Yes, I guess I was overly optimistic. The thread I was referring to when I started this one was much more positive.
I know. That first one was very calm. This last one. Nuts. :confused3

Thanks buffettgirl for your comments on that thread. Sometimes I get so angry and frustrated by idiots I just have to walk away for a little bit. Its nice to know someone else was there to pick up the slack.

Thanks buffettgirl for your comments on that thread. Sometimes I get so angry and frustrated by idiots I just have to walk away for a little bit. Its nice to know someone else was there to pick up the slack.

We've been known to " go to battle" -
Just let us know when you need coverage-
but a lot of us have been round and round
this particular mulberry bush. :sad2:
goaround.gif

Since I was given permission to post this, I will. Since I am now on his ignore list, he won't ever know I did so, right? Here is the PM I just got from said idiot. If I am being ignored, I'm not sure how he found my post here, on a completely different forum.

mesaboy2 said:
Are you calling me an idiot because I defend the right of others to form their own thoughts and opinions? I never said I agreed with them one way or another. There is a huge difference between people's thoughts and their actions. Intolerance indeed. 1984 is here.

There is no reasoning with ideas as frightening as yours--thought-control and group-think. We are extremely fortunate to live in such an enlightened time, which people like buffettgirl's husband have risked their lives for. How sad.

You and buffettgirl are the newest members of my ignore list. Go ahead and add me to yours.

And dont forget to publicly post that you just heard from one of those idiots in a PM and how radical his thoughts are.

Good day.

We've been known to " go to battle" -
Just let us know when you need coverage-
but a lot of us have been round and round
this particular mulberry bush. :sad2:
goaround.gif

Are you talking about yourself or the topic? :flower3:

I believe in freedom of speech...until it becomes harmful to others.

Since I was given permission to post this, I will. Since I am now on his ignore list, he won't ever know I did so, right? Here is the PM I just got from said idiot. If I am being ignored, I'm not sure how he found my post here, on a completely different forum.

I just feel sad that I didn't get a personal message from him too.

I don't like mulberry bushes. I don't like going round them. But people like mesa who think they're defending the constitution really do a disservice to all of us. They would rather defend an ideal vs a person(s). Something is wrong there. It makes me want to vomit all over his shoes to think that we do have soliders who are risking their lives to protect people like him. People like him truly believe that opinions don't turn into actions. That's just crazy sad.

One thing I read on that particular thread was that many of the people attending specifically for gay days leave in the earlier evening/night to participate in off site activities. Is that true?

We'll be staying for the Electric Parade and fireworks and after last week's spring break crowd I would love to hear that many don't stay late.

It is true that many leave the parks early, for the evening dance parties. The gay days host hotel offers free admission to the live dj pool party to all hotel guests that book a room on gaydays.com. As a music lover, I can't get enough live dj entertainment. The World's best DJ's are playing this year during gay days. Plus standing in line all day makes me tired real fast.

It is true that many leave the parks early, for the evening dance parties. The gay days host hotel offers free admission to the live dj pool party to all hotel guests that book a room on gaydays.com. As a music lover, I can't get enough live dj entertainment. The World's best DJ's are playing this year during gay days. Plus standing in line all day makes me tired real fast.

I know I'm old and boring but for anyone who hasn't seen the new "Memories" projection show, it is great. Maybe not as fun as live dj pool parties but for Disney fans it is wonderful.

I am a pretty conservative person in a lot of ways. I believe in law and order,which is enough to make liberals think that I close-minded and intolerant. Well, at least on that issue, they sure got the intolerant part right. However, I am still a big supporter of equal rights for gays so you never know where you might find support.

I've never ventured to these board before so I'm shocked. I had no idea that people still had these prejudices at DISNEY! I mean I KNOW there's a great big world out there with people who just live in small ticky tacky boxes, but even my most conservative neighbors are at least tolerant (that I'm willing to venture out about. My CONSERVATIVE father doesn't give a crap about who someone loves). I, myself, hate that term - tolerant. That's how some people' s systems feel about dairy. I just have friends and some love people of the same sex.

I've never ventured to these board before so I'm shocked. I had no idea that people still had these prejudices at DISNEY! I mean I KNOW there's a great big world out there with people who just live in small ticky tacky boxes, but even my most conservative neighbors are at least tolerant (that I'm willing to venture out about. My CONSERVATIVE father doesn't give a crap about who someone loves). I, myself, hate that term - tolerant. That's how some people' s systems feel about dairy. I just have friends and some love people of the same sex.

After working at WDW for 11 years, I can tell you this:

People may often leave their brains at home when on vacation at Disney, but rarely their attitudes :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter