Merrytime cruise

Momo81

Earning My Ears
So my cruise (April 11th) got cancelled. I'm hoping to reschedule to a Merrytime cruise in November. Are there any Christmas themed activities for kids or just Christmas decorations? Also anyone know what the weather is like in Castaway Cay in November?

So my cruise (April 11th) got cancelled. I'm hoping to reschedule to a Merrytime cruise in November. Are there any Christmas themed activities for kids or just Christmas decorations? Also anyone know what the weather is like in Castaway Cay in November?

Yep there’s activities . Check out some you tube videos. Santa clause will be there. Mrs Santa will be there.

Lots of events for Adults and Kids! I would encourage you to look up some of the trip reports on here to see the various offerings. That and there is more information on the DCL website. I've done 2 Merrytime cruises over the last few years and they are always a great time.

The weather on Castaway has always been great. This last year wasn't as warm as 2018 but we still had a good time. Usually November is still really warm. In Nov 2018, it was 89 as the high the day we were there.

Like someone else said, this would be a great time to check out some of the videos on You Tube that show some of the Merrytime activities. The ship is decorated so beautifully, and the lobby smells like one huge Gingerbread cookie! I have been at the end of November, immediately after Thanksgiving, and the weather was good. The water at Castaway was chilly, but then again, it always is to me. The air temp was in the low 80s, so it was a lovely cruise with sun, shorts, and tropical drinks. I think the Merrytime cruise is especially perfect for the kids that have had to hear that their other cruise was cancelled or moved, as it has something that special holiday magic touch added to it!

Very Merrytime is SO much fun...lots of activities from making ornaments to decorating gingerbread cookies. Tree lighting ceremony in the atrium with the characters and Christmas carols, Winter Wonderland Ball with Santa, Mrs Claus and snow in the atrium. The ship is beautifully decorated with a huge tree and gingerbread house. Characters are decked out in their holiday finest. Families getting their photos taken in ugly Christmas sweaters and/or Christmas pajamas. It's a week long celebration!

Also you can order special holiday decorations that will be in your room when you arrive - and also a special Christmas blanket and pillow to take home.

If you can, spend a day at WDW for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and another day at Epcot for the Candlelight Processional. The parks are also wonderfully decorated for Christmas.

It’s our favorite! The Dickens Carolers are so much fun to watch. There’s also gingerbread house making in the kids club, Mrs Claus reads to the kids, the Characters gather everyone in the atrium and sing Christmas carols before Santa makes his appearance. Snow falls in the atrium, The entire ship is decorated. It’s super magical.

We went on the first one last year and had a good time. There was a cold front that came through that made it rain wile we were in Nassau and gave us some high seas that night, but Castaway was as beautiful as ever. We bought the stateroom decorations and they were great last year.

I brought a small battery powered tree and a liitle gift for each of us. It was just right for the cabin and small enough I was able to hide it from my family until we were aboard. Loved our Merrytime Christmas cruise on the Magic.

I have heard, but can't confirm, that they have stopped the ginger bread house making event and replaced it with ginger bread man decorating.

We do one every year! We especially enjoy the show in the atrium on the first night. Then there’s the Gingerbread cookie decorating!

I have only one complaint - music. If you're used to varying soundtracks in the parks based on seasons, you'll be a little disappointed on board. Especially/even in the passageways where music is always present. I really had higher expectations of more seasonal music (during a themed cruise) to get you in the spirit of the holiday. I could have solved this last November when I totally forgot to pack my bluetooth speaker (I have a LOT of ripped Xmas tunes) to at least play in the room.

Very Merrytime is SO much fun...lots of activities from making ornaments to decorating gingerbread cookies. Tree lighting ceremony in the atrium with the characters and Christmas carols, Winter Wonderland Ball with Santa, Mrs Claus and snow in the atrium. The ship is beautifully decorated with a huge tree and gingerbread house. Characters are decked out in their holiday finest. Families getting their photos taken in ugly Christmas sweaters and/or Christmas pajamas. It's a week long celebration!

Also you can order special holiday decorations that will be in your room when you arrive - and also a special Christmas blanket and pillow to take home.

If you can, spend a day at WDW for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and another day at Epcot for the Candlelight Processional. The parks are also wonderfully decorated for Christmas.
Which park is the Christmas party in? I've never been to WDW only Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter