Mermaids Now on Pirates of the Caribean!!!

WDWsweetsixteengirl

Mouseketeer
I was in magic kingdom today and I noticed that they added mermaids to the ride in Disney world. Right after the mist with Blackbeard before the beach scene the siren song from pirates 4 starts to play. On either side of the boat there are mermaid projected onto the water. It's so cool!!!

I was in magic kingdom today and I noticed that they added mermaids to the ride in Disney world. Right after the mist with Blackbeard before the beach scene the siren song from pirates 4 starts to play. On either side of the boat there are mermaid projected onto the water. It's so cool!!!

They have been there for awhile now. We saw them last October. Have a great rest of your trip. :goodvibes

Eta: also, there is a mermaid skeleton on the shore (just past the projections).

AAGGGHHH!!! We were just down there and I kept looking for the mermaids in that area since it was completely dark and there was only bubbling water and I had read on the boards they were added in October. :sad2: The projected mermaids must not have been working on our visit. I kept getting off the ride saying I know they added mermaids and I ever got to see the mermaid skeleton in the boat. Guess I will have to go back again. :yay:

I remember the skeleton in December, but didn't see any other mermaids. Maybe they are working out some bugs?

They have been having some issues with the mermaids, as well as with the little mermaid ride.

Hasn't been a good month for mermaids in the MK.

We rode POTC twice in October. The first time we saw them and the second time we didn't. Maybe they were chasing "George"LOL.

Hasn't been a good month for mermaids in the MK.

Ha.

We went in October last year, we were actually there the day after the installation. We didn't see the mermaids. :( Hoping to see them this coming October!

We were there in October and I didn't see them either! We'll keep our eyes peeled in a few weeks for them ;)

Glad to hear it sounds cool...I haven't been a fan of the Jack Sparrow addons.

I didn't really notice the mermaids at first glance. It took me a few minutes to realize what I was seeing. The average rider probably wouldn't even notice the projections. I didn't even notice the mermaid skeleton.

The projections and singing of the mermaids add a new level of creepiness to the first room. The skeleton is in the boat on the left shore after the projections, and it is also pretty creepy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter