Merida anywhere to be seen?

Djm_in_buffalo

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I know that Merida used to have a meet and greet at Fairytale Gardens. Then in summer 2023 she was moved to the gazebo in liberty square. I don’t see anything more recent about her and she’s not showing up in any park within the character finder on MDE.

Is she now gone? One of those sporadic appearances? Other?

Thank you!

Last edited:

We got to meet her at Cinderella's royal table in December. I know its a hefty price tag and not guaranteed but we were surprised and excited when she came out! My daughter was jumping and cheering when she saw her :)

She's still at Magic Kingdom! She was moved to the the gazebo behind Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe. She doesn't have a set schedule so she's not always there, but it's worth checking out!

After trying and failing to meet her 6 times in the past year and a half I broke down and got a CRT reservation, which is where she has been meeting lately. Thank goodness she was there, otherwise my husband vowed to never pay for another character meal if she wasn't.

Last edited:
Glad to hear! Our 3 year old daughter is a big fan. We are hitting WDW in early February and do have a few character meals lined up, including CRT and Akershus, so hopefully we can meet her!

As others have shared, no princess other than Cinderella is guaranteed at CRT as they can change.

To see where each character is meeting today,

- click the upside down teardrop on the MDE app
- change centre dropdown to ‘Characters’
- click ‘show list’

A list of all characters will be displayed. Click any character to see additional details of where and when they are greeting.

Any update on Merida? Have a Merida obsessed almost 3 year old going in May, and it is the one princess she would like to meet!

Any update on Merida? Have a Merida obsessed almost 3 year old going in May, and it is the one princess she would like to meet!
We went earlier this month. She was in one of the parades in MK (I’m not great on names, so not sure which; just happened to see the parade and there she was).

She was also a visiting princess at Cinderella’s Royal Table. I heard from other’s on here that she might be in one of those designated, meet-and-greet spots. We didn’t see her in one of those, but also didn’t look after we had seen her elsewhere.

…Currently have the Song of Mor’du stuck in my head…

Good luck!!

We have Mor'du and the rest of the Merida Tonie on repeat over here, all day everyday! :) I've been checking the character list on the app the last few days and haven't seen anything for Merida, so CRT may be our best chance. If anyone happens to see her in MK before May, please report back!!

We saw her at CRT in November. It was a nice surprise because we weren't expecting her. Other than that, the only recent place I have seen her is in the parade.

I’ve read some (very) recent reviews and it looks like she is there permanently! I was able to order my very excited almost 3 year old a discount Merida dress from the shopDisney store. If anyone has been to the parks recently and has seen any Merida merch anywhere, please let me know! Seems to be hard to come by these days. I’ll report back about CRT when we’re there in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter