• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Merging Reservations

I don't know that I ever expect them to make split stays all one for dining purposes again. If anything they've been moving further away from it over time. They're probably somehow just making up for the fact that split stays can cost them more $ (room cleaning, luggage, vs staying in one room the whole stay). 🤣

I understand, it's just frustrating.

I think the hardest thing for me to understand is why it *wouldn't* all be one stay for ADR? As far as my work vacation, airline, park tickets, Magic Express (former) was concerned it was one trip. But ADR thinks it's two?

Sorry, I know, whining...

I understand, it's just frustrating.

I think the hardest thing for me to understand is why it *wouldn't* all be one stay for ADR? As far as my work vacation, airline, park tickets, Magic Express (former) was concerned it was one trip. But ADR thinks it's two?

Sorry, I know, whining...
True, but the same could be said about doing a WDW / Universal / WDW split.

Last trip we stayed 3 days @ DRR and 3 days @ CCV. We never got character breakfast at Topolino's, and we only got Artist Point because the Maitre d' took pity. I understand options are limited right now, but it was really frustrating...

I've never gotten Topolino's breakfast, and I've been in the Space 220 lounge twice. I got Artist point easily with the notification service. People drop it the day before. Of course, if you're on a cruise, it might be hard to pick it up.

I've never gotten Topolino's breakfast, and I've been in the Space 220 lounge twice. I got Artist point easily with the notification service. People drop it the day before. Of course, if you're on a cruise, it might be hard to pick it up.

Ok, I had two choices here:
1) Let my Disney Ego get in the way and potentially miss something important
2) Acknowledge there are still things we don't know about Disney and learn a thing...

Ummm, no brainer!

There's a notification service?!!?!?!?! :worship:

2) Acknowledge there are still things we don't know about Disney and learn a thing...

Ummm, no brainer!

I have occasionally been successful using www.touringplans.com and allowing my phone to text me in the middle of the night. :crazy2:. Usually, I have the phone on "Do Not Disturb".

P.S. You might have to pay for a subscription to use the service, though. I can't remember.
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder

Ummm, no brainer!

There is also ***********.com. They have a free and a paid version. Free does email alerts and limits the # of alerts. The paid version will also do text messaging.

ETA: This post can be deleted since the URL I posted is apparently not allowed.....

Thanks so much for the info. I don't know why the second one was starred out?
Newbie question: are there certain sites that are allowed on Disboards, and others that are not?

Here are the rules for referencing businesses and sites.

Thread 'PLEASE post a link to any business or site you wish to mention or discuss'
https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-site-you-wish-to-mention-or-discuss.3821847/
Hey, thanks for that! There's SO much on this site that I feel like I've barely scratched the surface! I don't mean to be difficult, I'm just trying to learn how to behave here! :D

In reading that it seems that some places sponsor the site, and those are the ones allowed to be specifically referenced? Sorry to keep asking annoying questions but one of the ones recommended to me was allowed, another was starred, and I don't see the allowed on on the list in the post?

Hey, thanks for that! There's SO much on this site that I feel like I've barely scratched the surface! I don't mean to be difficult, I'm just trying to learn how to behave here! :D

In reading that it seems that some places sponsor the site, and those are the ones allowed to be specifically referenced? Sorry to keep asking annoying questions but one of the ones recommended to me was allowed, another was starred, and I don't see the allowed on on the list in the post?

There are reasons that the owners of this site have decided to filter other businesses.

Many businesses who do not sponsor can be discussed. Just post a link and if it is filtered, it alerts you it can not be talked about, and that one should not try to give clues, etc. to others to find it.

I use the preview button before posting....things can and do change…to ensure things are safe to post. Even as a moderator, I check and try to avoid just using names just in case of a change.

Hope this helps!

There are reasons that the owners of this site have decided to filter other businesses.

Many businesses who do not sponsor can be discussed. Just post a link and if it is filtered, it alerts you it can not be talked about, and that one should not try to give clues, etc. to others to find it.

I use the preview button before posting....things can and do change…to ensure things are safe to post. Even as a moderator, I check and try to avoid just using names just in case of a change.

Hope this helps!

Ok, thanks for clarifying. That makes sense and I understand now.

I called yesterday to merge some ressies and the CM said she had to pass that to someone else who would do it offline in about a week to avoid the possibility of losing a date.

Related question: If I'm at one DVC villa for Jan 1-4 and another for Jan 4-7, will I be able to get ADRs for all week tomorrow or just for the first ressie period?

Related question: If I'm at one DVC villa for Jan 1-4 and another for Jan 5-7, will I be able to get ADRs for all week or just for the first ressie period?
Just the first period for Jan 1-5 (I'm assuming that is when you are switching rather than the 4th) and then once the 5th hits you can get Jan 5-7.

Thx -- I fat fingered I meant 1-4 and then 4-7 (I just edited it). My 4-7 is multiple single day ressies stacked -- hopefully they get combined before I hit 4. Wish I would have known about that earlier -- we don't do a lot of ADRs.

October 23 waitlist came through, and reservations were merged today, November 1.

Just wanted to follow up and update as I posted the original question. My reservations were merged today. So it took 10 days :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter