• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Merging Reservations

jennf

Mouseketeer
I have back to back AKV reservations that I want to merge (same room category). Do I call DVC member services or Disney resort reservation tel#?

I call Member Services and they combine my reservations while I’m on the call.

Yesterday I had a waitlist come through, and I used chat to have the three sections merged, and I was told it could take up to 10-14 days.

Not to hijack a thread, but any recos on a split stay w/a cruise in between?? :(

We're at CCV in Jan through the marathon, then a 4 day cruise, then back to VGF. I don't suspect they'll help us there, so I haven't called.

About a year ago.

Yeah...this has been happening for about 6 months or so now. I merge regularly and chat or phone CM's can no longer take care of it right then. I think they have assigned different CM's to different tasks...this being one of them...

Not to hijack a thread, but any recos on a split stay w/a cruise in between?? :(

We're at CCV in Jan through the marathon, then a 4 day cruise, then back to VGF. I don't suspect they'll help us there, so I haven't called.

What are you trying to do?

What are you trying to do?

Trying to book all ADR on the 1st day of availability. We prefer seated (character whenever possible) dining, so being able to book everything on the 60th day out is a big deal to us.

Last trip we stayed 3 days @ DRR and 3 days @ CCV. We never got character breakfast at Topolino's, and we only got Artist Point because the Maitre d' took pity. I understand options are limited right now, but it was really frustrating...

Trying to book all ADR on the 1st day of availability. We prefer seated (character whenever possible) dining, so being able to book everything on the 60th day out is a big deal to us.

Last trip we stayed 3 days @ DRR and 3 days @ CCV. We never got character breakfast at Topolino's, and we only got Artist Point because the Maitre d' took pity. I understand options are limited right now, but it was really frustrating...
They won't merge reservations that are at different resorts (or room types). And yours are not even back to back so even if they were the same resort and room type they still can't merge them.

They won't merge reservations that are at different resorts (or room types). And yours are not even back to back so even if they were the same resort and room type they still can't merge them.
Yeah, I wish they would fix this. Pre-COVID (and all the CMs working remotely), they did and it was a good thing. One of the CMs told me they had to go in and do it manually b/c both systems (which were archaic and difficult to use) weren't linked. They said the reservation system and the dining systems were "basically taped together", and were easily confused. If you made a 4 day rez and later a 2 day rez, the system didn't see them as the same. CMs had to go in and "tape them together" whether it was same or different resort.

Once they started remotely working during the call-center refurb, and exacerbated by COVID, they said they couldn't do it anymore. But they could. We did a split stay last year, and they linked 3 days DRR with 3 days CCV. Several CMs told us it was no longer possible, until one finally did. The one that did said (paraphrasing) "Of course we still can, some CMs just don't like doing it. Why would Disney call it 2 different trips if you moved from one room to the one next door? The ticketing system doesn't, why would ADR? Also, we WANT our guests to check out multiple resorts, why make it more difficult for ADR when they do? ESPECIALLY since those guests tend to be staying longer, we want them to enjoy the perks of that"

We've never had 2 different room types, but we've had 2 different resorts linked several times. Over the last few years we would stay at DRR for a few days (Skyliner to Epcot and HS), then either CCV (or now) VGF to hit MK for a few days. It's so much easier to get to the parks when we can plan that way, especially with little ones. We had these stays linked almost every year, they "couldn't" in 2021.

I understand it's completely different with a DCL trip in between, but I can be hopeful! :D

Ya, you are talking about linking reservations which is completely different from merging reservations. Merging takes 2 reservations back to back w/same resort and room type and makes it 1 reservation. Linking used to make it show up as 1 continuous stay for fastpass and dining purposes.

Ya, you are talking about linking reservations which is completely different from merging reservations. Merging takes 2 reservations back to back w/same resort and room type and makes it 1 reservation. Linking used to make it show up as 1 continuous stay for fastpass and dining purposes.
Ah, ok, I dig it. I can see the difference, but didn't realize there was a naming difference.

So, back to my original question: Can I link two reservations with a cruise between them? ;)

Yeah...this has been happening for about 6 months or so now. I merge regularly and chat or phone CM's can no longer take care of it right then. I think they have assigned different CM's to different tasks...this being one of them...
I just used the chat to merge 2 reservations and received the following replies:

The request has been added for you. Please keep in mind that while the Front Desk will make every effort to accommodate your requests, they cannot be guaranteed.​

And:

I have submitted a merge request on your behalf, you will receive an email in 7-15 business days for processing to reflect the changes.​

As you described, it looks like the "Front Desk" has to merge reservations and it takes "7-15 business days".

As you mentioned, this now appears to be the new process.

Yeah, I wish they would fix this. Pre-COVID (and all the CMs working remotely), they did and it was a good thing. One of the CMs told me they had to go in and do it manually b/c both systems (which were archaic and difficult to use) weren't linked. They said the reservation system and the dining systems were "basically taped together", and were easily confused. If you made a 4 day rez and later a 2 day rez, the system didn't see them as the same. CMs had to go in and "tape them together" whether it was same or different resort.

Once they started remotely working during the call-center refurb, and exacerbated by COVID, they said they couldn't do it anymore. But they could. We did a split stay last year, and they linked 3 days DRR with 3 days CCV. Several CMs told us it was no longer possible, until one finally did. The one that did said (paraphrasing) "Of course we still can, some CMs just don't like doing it. Why would Disney call it 2 different trips if you moved from one room to the one next door? The ticketing system doesn't, why would ADR? Also, we WANT our guests to check out multiple resorts, why make it more difficult for ADR when they do? ESPECIALLY since those guests tend to be staying longer, we want them to enjoy the perks of that"

We've never had 2 different room types, but we've had 2 different resorts linked several times. Over the last few years we would stay at DRR for a few days (Skyliner to Epcot and HS), then either CCV (or now) VGF to hit MK for a few days. It's so much easier to get to the parks when we can plan that way, especially with little ones. We had these stays linked almost every year, they "couldn't" in 2021.

I understand it's completely different with a DCL trip in between, but I can be hopeful! :D

I know they just started holding some ADRs to give onsite guests priority but doesn’t help visits in 2022, and it’s likely more generalized than giving resorts guests priority access to their own specific resort. Wish it was. It’d also be appreciated if split stays were no longer penalized on the ADR front. Someday maybe they’ll figure it out.

I don't know that I ever expect them to make split stays all one for dining purposes again. If anything they've been moving further away from it over time. They're probably somehow just making up for the fact that split stays can cost them more $ (room cleaning, luggage, vs staying in one room the whole stay). 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter