MEP LL no longer allowed on Non-LL attractions

Can also confirm as of 9/24 acceleration still works. I also noticed non LL rides like fantasyland were not excluded. They weren’t included either. Unfortunately (or fortunately) we did not have the need to use one as we used that golden MEP for two rides on HMH.

Edited

Attachments

• F32B6545-6626-4C8E-A1E9-9C69C4A1E06B.png
    F32B6545-6626-4C8E-A1E9-9C69C4A1E06B.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Can also confirm as of 9/24 the acceleration bug still worked. I also noticed non LL rides like fantasyland were not excluded. They weren’t included either. Unfortunately (or fortunately) we did not have the need to use one as we used that golden MEP for two rides on HMH.
I really haven't been plugged into the DL side of things for a while. I have seen reference to the "acceleration bug" but don't have a clue what it is. Can you clue me in?

I really haven't been plugged into the DL side of things for a while. I have seen reference to the "acceleration bug" but don't have a clue what it is. Can you clue me in?
The MEP acceleration feature works like this. If you have an MEP that you can use for a certain ride and also have a LL for the same ride, tapping into the ride will use up the LL, not the MEP, even if the LL was for a later time of day. This has been described as accelerating the return time for the LL. It also means that you still have your MEP after riding and can do the same thing for another ride, and then another ride, etc. You're still limited to one LL per Genie+ attraction per day, and the MEP has to allow you to ride that ride (so no silver MEPs for gold rides), but you don't have to wait for LL return times as long as you have both the MEP and a LL for the same ride. And let's stop calling it a "bug" before someone points it out to Disney IT as something that needs to be fixed.

The MEP acceleration feature works like this. If you have an MEP that you can use for a certain ride and also have a LL for the same ride, tapping into the ride will use up the LL, not the MEP, even if the LL was for a later time of day. This has been described as accelerating the return time for the LL. It also means that you still have your MEP after riding and can do the same thing for another ride, and then another ride, etc. You're still limited to one LL per Genie+ attraction per day, and the MEP has to allow you to ride that ride (so no silver MEPs for gold rides), but you don't have to wait for LL return times as long as you have both the MEP and a LL for the same ride. And let's stop calling it a "bug" before someone points it out to Disney IT as something that needs to be fixed.
Ah, got it! Thanks so much for explaining.

So let me make sure I get this straight. I have an LL for Indy for a later time. But I got an MEP from my earlier Indy LL bjt the ride was down and it switched to an MEP. If I have a new LL for Indy at a later time AND my MEP from Indy earlier, I scan my LL at any time? And does it have to be Indy since I read it needs to be the same ride?

So let me make sure I get this straight. I have an LL for Indy for a later time. But I got an MEP from my earlier Indy LL bjt the ride was down and it switched to an MEP. If I have a new LL for Indy at a later time AND my MEP from Indy earlier, I scan my LL at any time? And does it have to be Indy since I read it needs to be the same ride?
Indy is gold tier so your MEP (for Indy being down) will let you ride any Genie+ ride. If you make a LL for Indy for 3:00, have the MEP, and tap into Indy at 2:00, you will use your 3:00 Indy LL, not your MEP. That's MEP acceleration. But it isn't just limited to Indy (because you got the MEP for Indy being down). It's good for any Genie+ ride (because it's gold tier). If you have a LL for Space Mountain for 4:00 and tap in at 2:00, it'll use the LL, not the MEP. My "same ride" referred to the fact that you can't use a silver tier MEP (e.g. one given for Big Thunder being down) to accelerate the LL for a gold tier ride like Indy . . . and the LL has to be for the ride you're getting in line for. So, if you have a MEP for Indy being down, a LL for Space Mt. later in the day, and tap in to Indy, it'll use the MEP, not the LL for Space Mountain. To accelerate a LL, you need a LL for the ride you're tapping into and an MEP that can be used for that ride.

Last edited:
Indy is gold tier so your MEP (for Indy being down) will let you ride any Genie+ ride. If you make a LL for Indy for 3:00, have the MEP, and tap into Indy at 2:00, you will use your 3:00 Indy LL, not your MEP. That's MEP acceleration. But it isn't just limited to Indy (because you got the MEP for Indy being down). It's good for any Genie+ ride (because it's gold tier). If you have a LL for Space Mountain for 4:00 and tap in at 2:00, it'll use the LL, not the MEP. My "same ride" referred to the fact that you can't use a silver tier MEP (e.g. one given for Big Thunder being down) to accelerate the LL for a gold tier ride like Indy . . . and the LL has to be for the ride you're getting in line for. So, if you have a MEP for Indy being down, a LL for Space Mt. later in the day, and tap in to Indy, it'll use the MEP, not the LL for Space Mountain. To accelerate a LL, you need a LL for the ride you're tapping into and an MEP that can be used for that ride.
Thanks!

Can I just confirm, when you "tap in" that would be just using your ticket, and not the barcode for either the MEP or the LL for a later time?
Can you even just scan your ticket at the LL taps?

Can anyone confirm if acceleration will also work with rider swap? you've potentially saved the day for mom and dad with my upcoming trip with a very fiesty toddler!

Can anyone confirm if acceleration will also work with rider swap? you've potentially saved the day for mom and dad with my upcoming trip with a very fiesty toddler!

If you are using Genie+ with Rider Swap, you will both scan your Lightening Lane and then a CM will give whoever is waiting the Rider Swap pass. There is no way acceleration will work because you have to scan your LL to get a Rider Swap.

The Rider Swap system is not connected to the Genie system. When you get a rider swap pass, it is linked to only the ride you are swapping on. It doesn’t even usually convert to an MEP if the ride goes down. I’ve had to go to guest services to request them switch it to an MEP.

If you are using Genie+ with Rider Swap, you will both scan your Lightening Lane and then a CM will give whoever is waiting the Rider Swap pass. There is no way acceleration will work because you have to scan your LL to get a Rider Swap.

The Rider Swap system is not connected to the Genie system. When you get a rider swap pass, it is linked to only the ride you are swapping on. It doesn’t even usually convert to an MEP if the ride goes down. I’ve had to go to guest services to request them switch it to an MEP.
Another detail for those that are following along (As this is a little confusing to me!), you can’t scan your LL until the time window opens for the LL (and then the “redeem” button shows up). This is for everyone, not just for Rider Swap. So when you are accelerating, you have to either scan your ticket or the MEP, as the LL is not available yet to “redeem”.

So you can't use rider swap with a MEP?

If you have an MEP, you can use rider swap with it. If a ride goes down while you have a rider swap, it will not automatically convert to an MEP like a LL would.
Thanks! On our way today for the first time with a kid so it's all a bit new to us again!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter