Menu at Cookies on Castaway Cay?

DisneyPoly

<font color=0000FF>A Dream is a Wish your Heart Ma
Can anyone furnish the details of the food served at Cookies?

Thanks!

Cookies served cafeteria style: bar-b-que ribs, ginger-lime chicken, hamburgers, and lobster-burgers. Along with potato salad and coleslaw. They also served chocolate chip cookies and one or two other dessert selections. They also had iced tea and fruit punch and water available. There may have been a few other things but that is what I remember.

There are also places to purchase other kinds of drinks such as sodas and "Konk Coolers", and other fancy frozen alcoholic beverages.

It was a fun time on Castaway Cay. Cookies was open from 11:30 - 2:00.

:earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Please, tell me what are lobster-burgers? From what I am thinking they can either be delicious, or the grossest thing I ever heard of LOL.

Where was that fresh fruit buffet?? I saw people walking around with yummy looking fruit and never saw where they got it!

Hi,

I was just there in December and though we had a late lunch on the island I didn't see the chicken this year. I could have sworn back in March of 2001 that they had chicken but all they had this year was a chicken sandwich. They also had the fruit bar and offered ribs, burgers, hot dogs, small bags of BBQ potatoe chips and coleslaw. That's about all "I" remember seeing on the buffet line. I had the hot dog and liked it (though my brother-n-law did not) and my husband had the burger, which from what we could tell was just a regular burger (which he didn't like for some reason as he always enjoys Goofy's burgers on the ship.)
Anyway, hope this helps...

PS
The fruit bar is in front of Cookies all laid out on a white clothed table in the Family Beach area.

PSS
We are going again in 19 days and I haven't decided if we'll eat there this time, even though it's been a tradition in the past.

Hi,

I was just there in December and though we had a late lunch on the island I didn't see the chicken this year. I could have sworn back in March of 2001 that they had chicken but all they had this year was a chicken sandwich. They also had the fruit bar and offered ribs, burgers, hot dogs, small bags of BBQ potatoe chips and coleslaw. That's about all "I" remember seeing on the buffet line. I had the hot dog and liked it (though my brother-n-law did not) and my husband had the burger, which from what we could tell was just a regular burger (which he didn't like for some reason as he always enjoys Goofy's burgers on the ship.)
Anyway, hope this helps...

PS
The fruit bar is in front of Cookies all laid out on a white clothed table in the Family Beach area.

PSS
We are going again in 19 days and I haven't decided if we'll eat there this time, even though it's been a tradition in the past.

Mmketeer "Wonder"-Jan 20th/2002

I believe by the adult beach they had salmon as a choice.

I was there in december and had the chicken which was pretty good.

If you don't eat at Cookies -- is the other option to return to the ship and have lunch onboard?

Thanks!

Greetings.
Someone asked if you can return to the ship if not eating at "Cookies" on Castaway Cay. The answer is yes. We have done this too. We ate at the sit-down facility on ship though and NOT a buffet. Food is great at both places, land and ship :)

Yes, the fresh fruit bar is right as you walk in to the Cookies area. There was a guy there slicing the fruit for you, or you could just take a whole banana or apple, etc. They had the usual fruit and papaya as well.

A lobster burger could maybe be compared to a crab cake. I had the lobster burger and I liked it. I also had the ginger-lime chicken and that was quite good.

LOVED!! the fruit stand. Nothing taste better at the beach than fresh fruit. I had papaya, honeydew melon, pineapple, grapes, and watermelon. YUMMY!!!

Thanks for the info on the Lobster burger - I LOVE crab cakes, so I guess I will be trying the burger.

Also - love that they have fruit.

Feel free to take what you want and see what you like. I took the chicken in case I didn't like the lobster burger, and I ate both (but didn't eat the roll). I guess that is part of what is good about a cruise!

which he didn't like for some reason as he always enjoys Goofy's burgers on the ship.)
Ok tell us what makes the Goofy Burger so Special ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter