Men's costume ideas

Tymeece

Memphis Mouse
Running in the Dopey this year. What options have you all seen as far as costumes for guys? What different ideas are out there for guys?

Of the three races my brother in law has done he only dressed up once as Hulk for W&D 2017… he was gonna dress as Miguel last November but timing got the best of him… that said here are some ideas to draw inspiration from….

Princes
Villains
Classics (donald, Mickey , goofy)
Mr. Incredible
Buzz or woody
Marvel or Star Wars favorites

Unlike last year with the 90s overarching theme normality marathon (and most races) have a plethora of different characters

Some of my favorites from over the years:

Winnie the Pooh (you can carry snacks in the honeypot!)
Donald
Woody
Snow White
Sully
Mr. Incredible
Mr. Potato Head
Captain America
Ralph
Anger
Mousekeeter
Dale
Tramp
Olaf

Some of my favorites from over the years:

Winnie the Pooh (you can carry snacks in the honeypot!)
Donald
Woody
Snow White
Sully
Mr. Incredible
Mr. Potato Head
Captain America
Ralph
Anger
Mousekeeter
Dale
Tramp
Olaf
Thanks, trying to plan it out. I’ve done Star Wars times for the pas Star Wars Weekends. I have also done a couple different for the marathon.
Trying to come up with a theme that I can do for all races.

Options so far
Fab 5(4 of them)
Dwarves
Toy Story
Princes

I feel like I've seen just about everything possible during the last couple of race weekends I've done, some guy put together a Pixar Lamp costume during Springtime Surprise. The biggest risk with this is the weather, whatever you do, you have to be prepared for it to be hot while you run, particularly during the marathon.

Thanks, trying to plan it out. I’ve done Star Wars times for the pas Star Wars Weekends. I have also done a couple different for the marathon.
Trying to come up with a theme that I can do for all races.

Options so far
Fab 5(4 of them)
Dwarves
Toy Story
Princes
The Dapper Dans have 4. You can dress as one color each of the races.
Another option can be various attractions characters.

I've never really done full on costumes for the races....more like bounding type run outfits.
For the two Dopey's I have run I have matched my shorts and top to either the character on the medal for each race or the challenge character.
For my Dark Side Challenge I wore some Star Wars themed run outfits. The closest I came to a costume was Han Solo with blue shorts that I had red piping sewn in down the side, a LS white shirt with a cut black shirt over it that functioned as a vest and a belt/holster. The Han Solo with long sleeves and multiple layers turned out to be a huge mistake in FL in April. I proceeded to sweat off all of my body glide and ended up with nasty chafing and bled through my white shirt.

So, from now on......only color coordinating proper run clothes for me.

If you like Marvel there are a ton of options there, and you can find tech material t shirts printed for most of their costumes, easy peasy!
@mtnmjd just reminded me that Tarzan is an option if you are comfortable with showing your body :jester:
And don't forget Aladdin (maybe falls under princes?) or Genie
I've seen men run as Kuzco from Emperor's New Groove a few times and they look fabulous!

You could also gender bend traditionally female costumes. Use the colors and accessories of the original character but instead of a dress/skirt do pants/shorts, etc.

You could also just dress as a female character. It seems the men who dress as princesses get a LOT of attention on the course, if that's your thing. There was a group of guys who used to run together every year as the soldiers from Mulan when they dressed as women -- super cute.

If you like Marvel there are a ton of options there, and you can find tech material t shirts printed for most of their costumes, easy peasy!
@mtnmjd just reminded me that Tarzan is an option if you are comfortable with showing your body :jester:
And don't forget Aladdin (maybe falls under princes?) or Genie
I've seen men run as Kuzco from Emperor's New Groove a few times and they look fabulous!
Kronk is popular too!

You could also gender bend traditionally female costumes. Use the colors and accessories of the original character but instead of a dress/skirt do pants/shorts, etc.

You could also just dress as a female character. It seems the men who dress as princesses get a LOT of attention on the course, if that's your thing. There was a group of guys who used to run together every year as the soldiers from Mulan when they dressed as women -- super cute.
And there’s the Tutu Guys at Princess Weekend, they run in Princess themed tutus and not much else, if you’re into that kind of thing

I dressed as the Fairy Godfather once, complete with blue wig, pink tutu, crown, and scepter. I got a lot of laughs and picture requests. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter