chelseainwonderland

Earning My Ears
I'm going on my first solo trip in May 2023 and wondering if I should get the memory maker. As of right now, the only picture that I know I want is the lantern picture (if they still do that). It would be nice to get pictures taken of me but I'm super shy and don't know if I'll even do it. Will a CM take pictures with my phone or are they still not doing that?
Any other adult solo travelers get the Memory Maker?

Just there two weeks ago. The nice photo pass will use your phone others decline due to Covid. I would say worth it if you can put yourself out and ask for magic shots. I am so envious when I see someone doing it solo, I don’t have the courage.

Hi! I did my first solo trip to WDW just last month and let me tell you that Memory Maker was my best purchase! I've gotten tons of very high quality professional photos and the magic shots are all fun and awesome. I'm very shy myself and that's what really pushed me to get MM since I didn't want to have to ask random strangers to take pictures of me from my phone camera. It would take me forever to build up the courage to approach other guests haha.

I find that photopass photographers are very friendly. I never, not once, felt judged that I was travelling solo. They even take more photos of me when they see I'm just a party of one (I got so many magic shots, and I didn't even have to ask for it). At first, I was so nervous to have my pictures taken and I thought it would be awkward but the photographers I've encountered are all welcoming and very chill. They even tell you how to pose. Also, I did character meets for the first time during this trip. They captured the moments when you're interacting with the characters and it was magical!!! My absolute favourite shots are the candid ones, like the ones where I'm hugging Minnie or talking to Belle and Gaston. They were perfect moments and I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten those shots if I didn't have MM.

MM is very worth it for me. Have fun on your first solo trip!

I feel like if it's not going to strain your budget, go for it. The magic shots are fun, and why not have good pictures of yourself? Just because it's just you doesn't make those memories any less valuable. The photopass photogs are also really cool about the solo shots. Our last trip I wound up walking around a lot on my own with my toddler sleeping in the stroller while hubby took our older kiddo on rides. I stopped for a whole bunch of Memory Maker shots that were pretty much just me 🤷‍♀️ nobody made me feel weird or uncomfortable in the slightest. It was fun!

My answer to that depends on length of trip. If you are going to be there 3-4 days, it may be hard to squeeze in enough photos to make it worth it. If you are going 5+ days, you’ll likely get enough. You do have to make the effort to get photos in the first place and sometimes that means waiting in line.

I find service as a solo with the Photopass photographers to be spotty. Sometimes they spend as much time as they do with a family and take a moment to get great shots, other times they rush you along. If you catch someone without a line, they often do a great job. I think the ones at character meet and greets are more consistent than the ones outdoors at park entrances.

I also have to admit, when solo, I spend less time on my appearance at the parks and I have a LOT of bad hair days. Hence, I look extra crappy and don’t like the photos. That’s my fault. I also have little patience for photo lines.

I used it a fair amount when included with an AP, but when paying separately, I tended to be disappointed, wishing I just paid separately afterwards for one or two great shots.

Just there two weeks ago. The nice photo pass will use your phone others decline due to Covid. I would say worth it if you can put yourself out and ask for magic shots. I am so envious when I see someone doing it solo, I don’t have the courage.
They will do it again and unfortunately on some areas they only have regular Cast Members that only can use your Phone since not everywhere are Photographers and at my trip few weeks ago mostly some only came out around noon not really much at mornings hours. And since you feel to shy if you would do than it is much cheaper to do with your own phone.

Ask gently even the Photographers they mostly will do the nice shots for You as well but without the magic shots of course but at least from the position and depending on your Camera it will would be anyway nice sweet memorable Pictures since we celebrating the 50th would be worth to try some at least at the icons as example (Castle, Hollywood Tower, Tree of Life and EPCOT SPACESHIP EARTH at night time looks tremendous with those colorful background.

MEMORY MAKER gives you nice add-ons and special ride or extra magical stuff but only if you would take as much as possible and not everyone wants to spend that much of time meet and greets need time most of the time lines are long and people often didn´t want to spend such time.

And some maybe find it embarrasing even when nothing is embarrasing those meet and greets aren´t only for some with Kids no Adult should be shamed by stand in line there since those characters are amazing especially those cute adorable Princesses (who wouldn´t want to meet them they are cute for all not just kids ;=) ).

Sadly still so many not available yet good old 2019 were we had still plenty magic out there. Therefore I suggest if you not sure better just do it with your Phone if you have the courage and will try some few the best thing is than you have it already on your phone for free and can use it on your advantage and to show your family those memories or surprise them making something out of those pics as a gift a cup a shirt or something so it could be something sweet for xmas or whenever you are there.

Guess your mother would be happy for you if you have overcome your shyness and giving her sharing that with her or with your dad or sibling. But of course time is short or goes by so fast and so many things to do there and of course for some it depends on the possibilties being there.

Many can´t ever come back or not that soon therefor they try to get as much as possible and such photos could bring the feeling back sometimes when hard days or sad days to remind you the happiness you may felt there also since it is pretty pricey you want to have such remarkable memory.

I for myself dealing with some issues with the Memory Maker and worried if my Travel Agent will be fixing that with Tech Support sooner than later since my pics starts to expire in 18 days forward and it would be devastating for me if I would lose those nice pics since I had not been able to explore all those possibile areas and some aren´t back yet either.

But those extra magical things they added on are very sweet and amazing and don´t want to lose them either since it will take me 7yrs from now before I can be back again and want to have those sweet few pics and not just the few they have done with my phone.

I even would suggest for some get do both get the memory maker and let them use your phone as well but ask nice and gently don´t expect them doing a ton of pics with your phone (especially for those that aren´t having the memory maker and only using their phones).

So I hope I could bring some light to you it is up to you but if you think you would be to shy for doing it or most of it save the money for other things and ask the nice and gently to use your Phone at least on some areas you would love to have a memory pic like the Castle the Train Station, Tree of life Spaceship Earth Hollywood Tower or if you have the courage for a meet and greet with some fur characters or the princesses or try to catch Gaston ( at the Tavern) if he would be out even???

At least a nice Pic with MICKEY AND MINNIE at the MK in their 50th Outfit they would welcome you with open arms.

I purchase the Memory Maker for our group. I realize it is an expense but I am guaranteed at that my entire head and or body will be in the pictures in front of the landmarks or what ever we chose. It also guarntees that I am in picures, not always behind the lens of the camera

I would go for Memory Maker!. I am often a solo visitor and never feel shy or judged in any way. While my significant other likes to play golf as often as possible and, I - don't; I find myself at parks during the day and meeting him later. The same has been the case in the past when visiting for conferences, etc. and not being on the same schedule. And, sometimes, I just get away from it all by myself for a quick trip. There are many reasons to be at Disney parks solo whether for part of the day or the whole trip. I have a lot of great pictures with the photographers posing me in great ways - celebrate yourself; take care of yourself; that puts you in the best place to be the best you can be for everyone else!

I have bought the memory maker just for myself so that I could have pics from the Rundisney races. Loved them! Then I would use it as well after the races at the parks - l feel if you want those extra "Disney wow" pics then do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter