Memory Maker?

jimmiej

I invented the Naked Segway Tour
If I purchase Memory Maker (pre-trip) and then decide to upgrade our tickets to APs (during our trip), am I in effect paying for Memory Maker twice? Any way to get around that?

am I in effect paying for Memory Maker twice? Any way to get around that?

Pretty much,

Yes, Why not just upgrade your ticket on Day 1 to an AP ?, Thats what we did for my wife's ticket last week to a Premier, Downloads were available instantly. Or just keep on taking the photos as your normally would as if you had MM and then just upgrade your ticket and they become available.

Honestly, with the inclusion of PhotoPass Photos, the AP is the best value ever, (Premier Especially)

Pretty much,

Yes, Why not just upgrade your ticket on Day 1 to an AP ?, Thats what we did for my wife's ticket last week to a Premier, Downloads were available instantly. Or just keep on taking the photos as your normally would as if you had MM and then just upgrade your ticket and they become available.

Honestly, with the inclusion of PhotoPass Photos, the AP is the best value ever, (Premier Especially)

The problem is, I'm certain I want MM for our upcoming trip, but not yet certain I will upgrade to APs for possible 2016 trips. I want to get MM for the $169 early bird price (versus $199). Looks like I'll have to make a tough decision.

Some people who had already purchased it prior to the announcement of the AP structuring change reported being able to get the MM price refunded when they explained the situation. But now that the AP format is well known, with Photopass downloads being a stated benefit they may not be as helpful.

The annual pass info does not call it Memory Maker but rather Photopass. From the website, "Entitlement includes discounted prices on prints and physical product purchases, is non-transferable and benefits do not extend to photos of Family & Friends."

As I read it, an annual pass does not give you "free" downloads. You pay for the downloads you want AND the pics you get are only for the passholder, not you whole party like Memory Maker.

Is that right? If not, what am I missing?

The new annual pass includes the downloads for free. I was going to buy the Memory Maker before my trip for 169.00 but upgraded by annual pass for 101.00 and got the memory maker and it was effective immediately. I only had a week left on my annual pass.

The new annual pass includes the downloads for free. I was going to buy the Memory Maker before my trip for 169.00 but upgraded by annual pass for 101.00 and got the memory maker and it was effective immediately. I only had a week left on my annual pass.

Have you used it yet? If so, could everybody in your friends and family use it, too, or was it just you?

only the AP holder can scan for pictures. So any scans from Friends or Family will have to be bought separately.

The legal conditions on Disney's website state the following:

"The AP Guest will have the ability to download any photos and other digital content shared by members the AP Guest's Family & Friends list."

Not according to the CM on the phone today. I was told only pictures scanned by upgraded passholders are able to be downloaded free.

Not according to the CM on the phone today. I was told only pictures scanned by upgraded passholders are able to be downloaded free.
The CMs are telling most everyone that when we call. Dis'ers are reporting back success with Friends and Family downloads regardless of whose magic banned is scanned.

got a thread with a report of such? because that would be great to let the other family coming with us on Friday to know. I guess we could test it one night with unimportant pics and go from there.

I'm following this thread too - very interested to hear back! I'm a great example of this...

I'm traveling this December with a group of 12 and 1 member of that group is an Annual Passholder on the new/upgraded plan (ie. includes the PhotoPass benefit). The group already agreed to split the cost of Memory Maker, but if we could avoid that cost and just rely on the AP's photopass benefit, than that would be great! Curious to hear back...

OP - might be effective to edit the title to add something about new AP's photo entitlements to draw the attention of those with specific info in that regard. I know I, too, have seen people report getting friend and family photos with the newly released AP benefits, but can't remember the threads, or I'd link them here.

I upgraded my previous Fl Resident Seasonal AP to get the downloads on Saturday. We took pictures all day and had my husband and both kids scan at different times (they are all in my Friends and Family) and I was able to download them all without issue. As a side note, all the photos since my original AP date are included (so since August in my case)

Last edited:
I upgraded my previous Fl Resident Seasonal AP to get the downloads on Saturday. We took pictures all day and had my husband and both kids scan at different times (they are all in my Friends and Family) and I was able to download them all without issue. As a side note, all the photos since my original AP date are included (so since August in my case)

Are you the only one with the AP, or did you upgrade the family's as well?

The annual pass info does not call it Memory Maker but rather Photopass. From the website, "Entitlement includes discounted prices on prints and physical product purchases, is non-transferable and benefits do not extend to photos of Family & Friends."

As I read it, an annual pass does not give you "free" downloads. You pay for the downloads you want AND the pics you get are only for the passholder, not you whole party like Memory Maker.

Is that right? If not, what am I missing?
You are missing the detail that prints are not downloads.
Two different animals
So what you have read is correct.
Prints and products are not free.
Downloads are.

I am the only one with an AP that includes the Photopass service. We specifically tried everyone's band to make sure that we would get them all.

Let's see if I understand. If I upgrade to APs on the first day of our upcoming trip, Memory Maker (Photopass) is included and is effective immediately. Yes?

Downloads are "free" but prints are not?

I can print my own at home after downloading. Right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter