• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Memory maker worth the splurge??

The reason why the ride photos aren't really a deal breaker for us is because my kids are too little to ride the rides that include them. And my dh isn't into thrill rides so it's just me that does them. I think the only ride that includes on ride photos that we can all do it 7dmt & even that one I'm going to have to persuade everyone to get on haha. As for the magic shots I think that is a cute bonus to look forward to if we decide to purchase MM. I've seen people post adorable photos with tinker bell or pascal & love them!!

The last time we went to Disney, we did a share. This year, we have decided just to purchase the MM our self. This way all the pictures on it will be ours. This is about the only way we all get in pictures. I'm the one that takes all our pictures. So to us, it's worth it.

We always get memory maker. I think it is a great deal because everyone can be in your photos that way. Plus everyone in our group can use it. Last year it included the neat videos of some of the rides and meet and greets too. Our grandkids love to watch the little videos of themselves riding over and over. I also love it for the magic shots. My daughter and I both have nice big cameras but they are so heavy to carry around plus she has different lenses to choose from, which adds even more equipment to carry. That being said, I still wouldn't go without taking my own camera. I did some research before our trip and bought a little (very small and light weight) point and shoot camera to take. I am very pleased with the shots I got with it. There are too many special moments that happen when we are not in front of a Disney photographer to risk not having my own camera with me.

I have been contemplating this as well, but I thought I saw that it was 199? I like the idea of not lugging my camera around, but I dont know I do really like candid shots too.
The $199 is if you purchase for immediate use. If you are purchasing it 3-days or more before your trip you receive a $30 discount, so it is only $169.

The reason why the ride photos aren't really a deal breaker for us is because my kids are too little to ride the rides that include them. And my dh isn't into thrill rides so it's just me that does them. I think the only ride that includes on ride photos that we can all do it 7dmt & even that one I'm going to have to persuade everyone to get on haha. As for the magic shots I think that is a cute bonus to look forward to if we decide to purchase MM. I've seen people post adorable photos with tinker bell or pascal & love them!!
Just the photos from my daughter riding on 7DMT made it worthwhile for me :)....My son rode it when he was 3, but we couldn't see him in the photos on his first time and then he was too scared to ride it for about a year. But we got him to ride it again this last trip. Prior to her riding it, I told her you have to raise your hands up and scream ahhhhhh. Now both of our kids love it. And definitely at O'hana the photographer only photographs Stitch, and not Mickey, Lilo or Pluto. This year we did a season pass so it includes the photopass. But this will probably be the only year we ever get an annual pass for awhile. We were able to connect a family member who bought her tickets elsewhere to our account and she was able to download her family photos from our account. I still bring my camera, and photograph sometimes at same time as the Disney person. I find sometimes they miss the moments I want photographed. (Like my daugher kissing or hugging a characters. Seems like some of the photographers are not in the moment and only snapping the set amount of photos, and not snapping when my kids are actually smiling and interacting. We take a lot of video's with our iphones and later make a video from our trip.

I will have to take all this info into consideration, especially the no photographers during meals. We had wanted to cut down on m&g outside of meals since were doing so many character meals but if we do get the memory maker we probably wont be able to. hmmm...decisions...

First trip with the kids, I lugged my big ol' Nikon camera. It took great photos, but I hated carrying that thing around. We had MM then, and we used it. I found that for our memory books I made, I used more MM photos than my own - or at least just as many. Second trip with the kids, we only used our iPhones and MM. I was not disappointed. Still had plenty of great photos, and the phone did just fine except for the back corner at Chef Mickey's at night (it was dark). It even took good shots of fireworks. So I'd say practice with your phone, and maybe even Google tips on taking great photos with it. Then use it and MM, and you should have plenty of great images.

Also, my kids love the ride photos, so that makes it worth it for us.

Can I still order a CD with all pics from my photopass sessions on it? I know this was offered for an additional cost in the past, just wondering if this option is still available. Do I have to download all pics myself and make my own CD?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter