Memory Maker - worth it?

DeeBee3

I'm not grumpy; you're too happy.
What does everyone think about MM these days? It seems hard to pay for it every time you have a trip. How do you make the most of those nice areas where you want to take a family photo? Meaning, do the CMs still take a photo with a personal device?

I love MM. But I have it with my AP so not paying for it every trip. The magic shots are fun and I get to be in pictures! Unlike most of our usual family pictures where I’m the photographer.
The PP photographers will take a pic with your personal device.

I have a short trip coming up, basically an extended weekend. However, I have a week long trip planned over Christmas time. So, I figure it would be worth it for the holiday trip, but not the short one.

Wasn't at all worth the cost for us in 3rd week of November because there were hardly any photographers anywhere.

Those there were had lines of a dozen or more.

Maybe the supply is better by now but was dismal then.

Wife and I used it for our 5 day trip earlier this month. Have used it before. Although the price is aggravating, it was once again worth it to us.

We stopped at nearly every photopass person, and got all the ride photos. About 450 total photos, plus videos. This amounted to about $0.37 per photo. Seems pricey, since many photos are similar, but there's a convenience factor. No fumbling with phones. And there's magic shots.

Just came back and used MM for 4 WDW days. Best investment ever. We are a family of four, and it was amazing having pictures of everyone. It is pricey but worth it IMHO

We buy MM every trip. My mom and I were there last April right as they lifted the masks for photos outside. I was worried we wouldn't see very many photographers but we found plenty and more magic shots than previous trips. We download all our pics and save them on our computers/phones. I generally will make a photobook from Shutterfly and give to the grandparents. I'll usually pic a few favorites and have them printed and framed, especially of DH and myself, our 2 boys, and a family shot. Frees us up from having to drag around our big camera and just use our phones for candids.

We love it and I consider it my splurge/souvenir. I'd rather spend the money on those fun pictures than "stuff" in the parks:) We were there last week and found many, many photographers. Lots of times they were just standing waiting with no one in line. My kids dressed in theme for Galaxy's Edge and the photographers there took tons of pics of them-taking time to pose them and really make some amazing shots.

When I get home, I make a Shutterfly photo book with all the pictures. If you buy when they have a unlimited page sale, you can get a 10x10 book with 111 pages for around $50 shipped. We also share on social media, etc. We love to look back at our books from each trip!

Last year we did a Capture your moment session and have a shot from that framed over the mantle (20x30!!) :P (our non-Disney friends think we're a little crazy!)

We purchased it our first trip with our kids in 2014. We haven't bought it in the half dozen trips since, but we bought it for next week as we will have my in-laws with us who haven't visited in 30+ years. We aren't sure if and when they'll ever go again.

Friends we were with purchased it when we last went to Disney in 2019. I didn't think it was worth it. Every station took multiple poses and honestly what will you ever do with all of them? If you download the pictures, you can get them printed online or at any local drug store for far less then Disney wanted to charge. Not sure if things have changed due to covid, but if you just hand your camera/phone to any Disney person, you can probably get a few group photos for far less money.

Obviously, it depends on your personal situation, but we feel it's one of the best investments we've made over the years. When we have it, we don't hesitate to stop by any Disney photographer for a shot - and a 'magic shot'. And the ride photos that pop up now and then? All worth it. We had it in Dec, Jan, and March, and found plenty of Disney photographers all around the parks - much better than we were expecting. For us, instead of looking back and wishing we had more photos to remember the trip - we do MM, stop now and then for some more professional shots, and make sure we have no regrets. The photos we get through MM are priceless in the future. We've also used a place like Shutterfly to display many of the photos, whether it's a printed picture, a framed picture, or a coffee-table book. But we also have many of the photos running through a digital picture frame - so easy to load.

We get to go to WDW every few years for a week long trip. MM is my #1 sovenier and is the thing I would splurge on before all else--it's just worth that much to me. I enjoy seeing my family in those photos so much through the years. We never take as many photos as I would like with our own cameras, but I do if I buy MM. I've printed some photos, some I just enjoy on our computer or in printed photo books, but I have never, not for one second, regretted spending the money on MM. If you think about the cost of your overall trip to WDW, MM is a pretty small portion of it....but so worth it in terms for memories for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter