Memory Maker... Worth it?

For me I would say yes, it was worth it. I got a lot of pictures our last visit. You just have to make sure you stop and pose for pictures with the photographers so you make it worth your while.

My DH hates taking pictures and doesn't always indulge me in picture taking, but he will make sure we stop a lot for the Disney photographers since he knows I forked over $149 for it :P

We love it too! It's not for every trip, but definitely worth it when we do.

I had the same question DisrRunnerGal! We're going on Aug 8th and I'm almost 90% sure we're getting it to try it out. I never come out in picture because I'm the one taking them! So I'll be able to take pictures still but at least the MM one's will have me in them. When I start to think about it, the price is worth it. Unlimited amount of pictures over the course of 12 days for us seems worth it to me. I'm stopping at every darn Disney Photographer on property and getting my picture!!! :-) I'm especially looking forward to the ones at the water parks and the lazy rivers......oh just thinking about it puts me in a state of relaxation. :goodvibes

I never come out in picture because I'm the one taking them! So I'll be able to take pictures still but at least the MM one's will have me in them.

My number 1 reason for purchasing it! So nice to be allowed in the fam pics!:earboy2:

deffinatly worth it!

to the PP who said they would be there 12 days - you will DEFF get your money's worth! We were there 9 days (10 with depature) and had over 3000 pictures before editing

we stoped ALL the time and made sure to tell the photographer we had pre-purchased memory maker - several of them did the tradiditonal shots and then did really silly and different shots - we even were in the perfect spot in one of the hub gardens during the move it shake it parade and he timed all the photos with a float and characters waving in the background!

My list goes something like this: The more of these items apply to you, the more likely you are to find MM worthwhile. The fewer apply, it may not be worth it to you:

- You want to finally get the family photographer IN the pictures
- you will DO something with your pictures (digital or physical scrapbooks, DVD slideshows, print and frame)
- you will ride the rides with photopass (Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain, Splash Mtn, 7Dwarfs, Test Track, Dinosaur, Expedition Everest, Tower of Terror, Rockin RollerCoaster)
- you will do Jedi Training, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Pirates League or Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - they take LOTS of photos at these!
- you are willing to stop frequently for in-park photographers
- you are interested in the Magic Shots (even though photographers will take shots with your camera for you, you can only get Magic Shots with their photos)
- you plan to do character meet & Greets - my favorite is that they take lots of photos of the whole interaction, not just the one "say cheese" moment. It also gives the whole family a chance to interact, instead of one playing photographer
- you are interested in the borders and stickers that can be added to your pictures - I especially like these on the ride photos
- longer trips vs. shorter
- larger groups vs. smaller, especially friend/family groups who might split the cost
- you are doing one of the character meals where they take a photo with a character or backdrop before your meal (Akershus, CRT, Tusker House, Chef Mickey, etc)

I am a fan for my family. One reason that some people list is not having to lug their own camera around, but I actually don't think that applies. I'd still want my own camera (or at least good camera phone) for candid shots and resort time where I don't have photographers around. At $15 per photo purchased a la carte, you just have to want more than 10 photos for the pre-purchase price to be "worth it".

How much are you spending on this vacation???? What's a little more? YES GET IT!!!

We'll be visiting all of the parks, some more than once. What have your experiences been?

All of your ride photos will be added ... and even though we touched our bands to the photo spot after rides, we found out that the photos are automatically added to your account. We did get a couple of funny ones with no one we knew in the picture and one time an empty car ! But we got a lot of photos we would never had chosen this way on the rides. Also, there are new little videos you get as well with some of the rides/photopass locations.

As the one who normally takes the family pictures I absolutely think it's worth it... it's very nice to see Disney without looking through a camera lens.

For us it's worth it - the easiest way to get picture that all 4 of us are in. I'm the one who takes all our other pictures so this way at least there's proof I really was with them ;)

We stop at as many photographers as we can, so we usually end up with a lot of pictures, plus a bunch of ride photos.

For us on our last trip it was totally worth it. We did BBB, Pirates League, JTA, Enchanting Tales with Belle and of course it was Star Wars weekends so there were special magic shots. We aren't doing any of that on our upcoming trip but still decided to buy it as I like having all of us in the photo and the kids love the ride photos.

My list goes something like this: The more of these items apply to you, the more likely you are to find MM worthwhile. The fewer apply, it may not be worth it to you:

- You want to finally get the family photographer IN the pictures
- you will DO something with your pictures (digital or physical scrapbooks, DVD slideshows, print and frame)
- you will ride the rides with photopass (Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain, Splash Mtn, 7Dwarfs, Test Track, Dinosaur, Expedition Everest, Tower of Terror, Rockin RollerCoaster)
- you will do Jedi Training, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Pirates League or Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - they take LOTS of photos at these!
- you are willing to stop frequently for in-park photographers
- you are interested in the Magic Shots (even though photographers will take shots with your camera for you, you can only get Magic Shots with their photos)
- you plan to do character meet & Greets - my favorite is that they take lots of photos of the whole interaction, not just the one "say cheese" moment. It also gives the whole family a chance to interact, instead of one playing photographer
- you are interested in the borders and stickers that can be added to your pictures - I especially like these on the ride photos
- longer trips vs. shorter
- larger groups vs. smaller, especially friend/family groups who might split the cost
- you are doing one of the character meals where they take a photo with a character or backdrop before your meal (Akershus, CRT, Tusker House, Chef Mickey, etc)

I am a fan for my family. One reason that some people list is not having to lug their own camera around, but I actually don't think that applies. I'd still want my own camera (or at least good camera phone) for candid shots and resort time where I don't have photographers around. At $15 per photo purchased a la carte, you just have to want more than 10 photos for the pre-purchase price to be "worth it".
I'm 10 of 11 on your list. I only travel to WDW with my DW and two DDs.

We were glad we used it in the past and will use it again. We do go out of our way to locate photographers, though, to maximize our chances of getting decent photos. If we run into one and the line is short, we will stop for a photo even if we have stopped in that location before.

Last edited:
We had for our 5 day trip and I felt like it worth every penny. We got some wonderful family shots, great pics of the meet and greets, and I really liked the magic shots and the videos. We didn't purchase it last year and I really liked having it this year. I would purchase it every time.

ETA: Granted they are not true professional photos, when you think what you'd spend for an hour photo shoot for 25-50 photos, it really is a great deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter